vs Brighton

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah the transition to the post-Ferguson era couldn't have been any more fucked up. In hindsight, Mourinho would have been the ideal man to handle the transition. He'd take over for a couple of years, wring some more competitive performances out of the likes of Rio and Evra, have the reputation to secure a couple of big name signings, then we he stormed off in a huff we could hire someone for the long-term.

The next guy should be a longer-term manager, or else we put the kind of system in place at the club where it's suited to chopping and changing managers every couple of seasons.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 years ago

Agree with that Alf. We fucked up the post Ferguson transition as badly as it was possible to do. And it started in Ferguson's latter years - plenty of top players moved around Europe between 2010 and 2013 and we didn't really sign any of 'em. We signed RVP who was quality for a couple of years, but it was an indulgence we didn't really need. What we needed was to sort the midfield and bring proper x factory quality out wide.

I remember the side we had with Berbatov, after Ronnie left. We binned off Tevez and sold Ronnie, bringing in Berbatov whilst Giggs and Scholes were on their last legs. At the time I thought 'this is a slow and ponderous team - relative to the one we had before, of course. But i caught a highlights program on sky the other day showing a few clips of games featuring that side and fuck me, they looked electric compared to the pace we play at now. The speed at which we moved the ball and ability of players to beat men and open teams up, with runners off the ball..... We've dropped massively from that level.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Agree with all that, Ash, except for RVP. We won the league with him, money well spent. It wasn't huge money compared to what you'd pay for any old striker now.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah my problem wasn't really signing RVP, it was who we didn't sign.
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Didnt go was playing footy so no comment from me regarding the game,just relieved to hear the score.
But met the lads post game in boozer and they are saying the problem is we havnt got the full backs ,saying Young and Tony V should be further forward as wingers and Rashford and Martial should be back ups as impact subs,they were full of praise for Brighton.
No easy games starting tues.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 years ago

its fucking mental that lunkus made it so far in the game tbf, the ball fucking flies off him
lkhm

hoofing
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 years ago

The irony is that until Mourinho fabricated a story that fans were giving Lukaku stick, he was doing well. Since then, the cunts looked timid as fuck. I wonder if it's got into his head.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Good point that, Ash. He's scored 1 goal in the last 10, and now the main man Ibra has come back and dislodged him as our 9, which will have vexed him even more. Might explain why he lost his temper and kicked out at that Brighton cunt.
Last edited by Sid on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah if that was supposed to motivate Lukaku it seems to have seriously backfired. That said, Lukaku is also carrying the blame for our lack of attacking quality as a team. If we had good attacking play and gave him good service he'd keep knocking them in. It's not like Miki, Rashford, or Martial are banging them in these days. The problem is systemic.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Innit, Bman. This was a problem last season as I pointed out to much open minded debate from Alf, Harry and Snoop. Despite buying a new spine we only scored 5 more goals. The forwards' goals dried up and we became overly reliant of Ibra. And when he didn't score we often dropped points.

This season we've strengthened the attack and midfield again but we're still struggling for goals. Jose can't get a tune out of them, can't make them play consistently well. Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Mata haven't improved at all like was promised under Jose. Rom's limited as fuck and Jose has no clue how to coach Mickey. It's as if he's just sticking them on the pitch and hoping they figure it out themselves.

Tbf we might need Perisic. He's a boring x factor less James Milner cross hoofing cunt but if that's what Jose knows, that's what he can work with, then we'll have to sign him or someone similar, and then hopefully a top drawer x factor cunt like Griezmann whose mature and skillful enough to be left to his own devices on the pitch like Hazard and Ron.