vs Basel

Forum for match day threads
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Snoops has had enough of the ridiculous sniping and bullshit arguing... which would be fair enough, if he wasn't neck deep involved in it...

Dumb...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Again some fans are trying to put the blame down to Pogba being absent. It's total shite. The game had gone long before Pogba went off.

Basel came out half time looking for a goal, we came out looking for a draw. They were opening us up every time they came forward before Pogba went off. They waltzed through the midfield unopposed and created chances.

It was a mentality change at half time that did it, and how for some reason Lukaku Rashford Martial Pogba Herrera Ibra and Lingard couldn't score a goal. It was reminiscent of the two United teams we saw last season; the one that attacked and often failed to score, and the one that showed zero ambition.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

The same 'dross' who in the first half contributed to a good attacking performance?

You're trying to pin the shitness on them as per. But the entire team was shite in the second half.

It was Jose's CF Lukaku that shanked a great one on one because he had time to think about it. The CF has to score that, then we win. But he didn't, then once again our attacking game fell to pieces - not just the dross but Jose's incredible amazing allstars as well
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Those 3 will be watching the WC on the box!

Back in the day Fergie time was so named for a reason, not anymore unfortunately.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Aye 45 minute game and for 45 minutes we didn't perform
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

See st the end of the day bar Mickey T, my main criticism of Jose is that he will NEVER take a player he’s personally bought for big money off, Pogs was cause only back.

Lakaku if he’s having an absolute mare will still have the ball bouncing off him and Martial of Rashford will be sitting going, fuck what I wouldn’t give to play 9 for half an hour, that’s why the fans were booing, not Lakaku per se but because they wanted the two kids on.

Fans will cut you a lot more slack if you play a kid who looks ready like Tuanzabe and Fosu who should have stayed and Darmian sold.

I mean a decent cb just back from injury and two shite full backs and we wonder why we were under pressure? Plus we did that thing were we drop and defend and get a point only they scored otherwise it would be we did our job, players needed minutes, we win the group blah blah blah. That sitting deep shit has happened in all comps no matter if we’ve our best 11 out. Needs to stop
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

There was never a lot of pressure on that game... it would have been good to win, and get it over with... but even now, we need to get beat by 7 goals to not progress... Mourinho isn't worried, and the team were too casual... that's all there is...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Well no, it's another shite away performance against a shite team. That's worrying. That shows there's problems.

Also when it has it been acceptable for United to lose a game, especially when fans spend all that money to travel to another country.

It really is mad how people give Jose the right to actually lose games. Not even Fergie got that privilege.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Never said anything like that...

My point was, there's no need to dissect what went wrong... the team played the second half, with their hands in their pockets... plenty of blame for everyone... Mourinho is the manager, his fault... players at that level shouldn't need to get fired up for a Champs league game that sends them through, it's their fault as well... it was a team failure... and that happens to all teams once in a while, even the great ones...
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

That would be fine if we were Prem champions and european finalists. We could just chalk it down as an off day. But we're not, we're a bit shit, we finished 6th last season, and we can't play well away from home. So we can't just chalk it down as an off day. There are deeper problems.