vs Swansea

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

I'd love to see United play a 3232. Think we've got the players for it too.

I think we'll see your 4231 when the big games come. The solidity of a Matic-Herrera partnership must be tempting for Mourinho. He tried it early last season against Liverpool and Chelsea with Fellaini instead of Matic.
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Martial and rashford are pretty bad on the right anyway. Mata is crap.
We need a good right winger.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

HARRY wrote:
dozer wrote:Martial and rashford are pretty bad on the right anyway. Mata is crap.
I dont think Mata's crap. I dont think we use him correctly. Hes pretty ineffectual against most fresh midfields. I think he'd have much better impact fizzing around in the last 20 minutes with his vision and craft when the oppo's are blowing out their arses. Hes not a starter for me.
Better than starting Fellaini
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

HARRY wrote:Dick on a stick is indeed a mystery. Im not sure why Hosepipe fancies him so much. I think he sees him as a bit of a spoiler. Someone to break up a game and see us through to the whistle.
I think it's clear now that we were right why we didn't go all out gung-ho attack last season- Jose clearly didn't trust our defense/ DMF...Carrick was finished (squad member) and he needed to work with our CB's and LB...
Now he's got Matic there's more of a strong base to attack from and can unleash the attackers more...
Still a few positions needed to strengthen but Jose showing he knows how to build a winning team

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Matic has made us more solid but I still think our biggest weakness is the defence. We need to get it sorted before we play a good team because in the last 2 games we've done some proper daft fucking things which better teams will punish us for. We're a tall team but we don't half gift a lot of headers to the opposition. And Pogba still can't defend corners.

But this easy run of games will give em a chance to get to know each others game and get some confidence before we play Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea.
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
HARRY wrote:
dozer wrote:Martial and rashford are pretty bad on the right anyway. Mata is crap.
I dont think Mata's crap. I dont think we use him correctly. Hes pretty ineffectual against most fresh midfields. I think he'd have much better impact fizzing around in the last 20 minutes with his vision and craft when the oppo's are blowing out their arses. Hes not a starter for me.
Better than starting Fellaini
Prejudice again. Fellaini has been more effective for us than Mata.
Perhaps Mata isn't being used right etc but Fellaini has been the more valuable player for us in the last 3 seasons.
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Even you gotta admit we should be moving on from starting Fellaini- it's not Man Utd

Sid
Legend

2 years ago

So why doesn't saint Jose, Snoop? He consistently plays Fellaini up front. Why?

You've bottled answering the question for a year because it proves you wrong Bman right

Don't do a Harry and run away, give us your opinion
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:So why doesn't saint Jose, Snoop? He consistently plays Fellaini up front. Why?

You've bottled answering the question for a year because it proves you wrong Bman right

I've made it clear plenty of times that the one problem I had with jose was playing Fellaini...
I can see why he played him but I didn't agree...

But now he's got a DMF he wanted Fellaini won't be a starter. Will fill in a few times etc but not being a first team starter works for me

Sid
Legend

2 years ago

HARRY wrote:
Sid wrote:So why doesn't saint Jose, Snoop? He consistently plays Fellaini up front. Why?

Sids got a point though. Easy games put to bed convincingly. Something Van Dross' £300 million couldnt manage. So Sids right (yes! Even Sid) nails something for once.
15 draws against dross - aye easy games put to bed, just as you predicted