vs Real Madrid (Super Cup)

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 years ago

It's clear as day we need a "world class game changer" e.g Bale. We would need to spend £100 million plus; which we won't. Why aren't we going for the likes of Dembele?

Way to early to judge but I've got a feeling we'll see similar to what we did last season. We need a quality finisher.

The biggest plus last night was Matic! We've been crying out for him and considering his lack of playing time he stepped up. So did Fellani, he had a big impact on the game!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

This morning, I'm even more unhappy about the match yesterday. Yeah we got back into it a bit, but we did so by relentlessly pumping the ball long or crossing it up to Lukaku and Fellaini. That shit is embarrassing for a club like ours, playing against a club of comparable stature in a prominent competitive exhibition match. We are literally Moyes' Everton with a bigger transfer budget. And who did we buy Lukaku and Fellaini from? Oh yeah...
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

Taking on back-to-back CL winners was always going to be a tall order, so I'm not getting despondent yet.
I am still really concerned though about the LB/LWB slot. We need to fill this hole as a matter of urgency.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Valencia was shite at defending, gave the ball away dangerously and how HISTORIC does his attacking seem now especially after watching Reals and City's wing backs?!
I'm hating his aimless drilled crosses. Pathetic.

Left side is a big problem too.

We need more than just pace, Rashford has pace but can't play as a winger, he runs into defenders at times and hasn't got that standing skill to beat a man and do some magic.
Everyone here slagged Matic (and I admitted I didn't want him) but yet again Jose is being proved right in what players he IDENTIFIED...
Peresic is probably a must for that left side....Bale would be the dream but ain't gonna happen.

Also shows exactly why we needed Griezeman

Snoop I agree with you, the players are there to at least enjoy watching whether it's a titanic struggle or not.

So why is Fosu Mensah who looked to be groomed for the rwb slot away on loan? If you have to play 3 at the back and use Tuanzabe instead of Lingard fuckin do it!!

That's what kills me!!! He'll NEVER EVER EVER try and change it unless its more hoof ball, we were getting further back like last season when we were defending a lead against some dross and the worlds eyes were on us and we were fucking LOSING!!!!!

352 offers so much more protection, allows Matic to do his thing Pogba and Herrera can play further forward and Mata and Mickey T can play as 10s BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKIN 10s.

Everyone going Mickey T was shite, when was the last belter he had from the fuckin wing??

Why are we trying to teach creative, explosive, tricky players the art of tracking back wide??

It makes no fuckin sense?

And Im picking unfairly on Pogba because of the greed a few times and the fact he mishit simple balls, but who didn't? It's the fact he's the commercial machine so Jose would have the balls to even go right Pogba, Herrera, off, Carrick get on with Amati and play two dms, get some control and get Mickey T Behind the striker and Mata on the right.

It'll NEVER happen. And it's not fuckin good enough.

POGBA is not so shit he can't hit a 6 yard ball!!!

Mickey T, Bundesliga destroyer is not shit as seen in pre season when through the middle.

As knobby said, can't blame Lakaku overly, he's a big lump who's job is too stand in the box, if there's no balls coming to him except from DDG and he's 2/3 defenders on him, what's he supposed to do??

Same safe shite as last season. Take a 2-1 defeat against "the best in the world" because that's acceptable to Jose, instead of losing 4-2 but giving them a game.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Jose seems determined to use Lukaku as a target man even though he's good running toward goal with the ball at his feet -- some people say that's when he's at his best in fact. It would back more sense to play him that way when we're being pushed back, because then he can fall back a bit and defend from the front, instead of standing up there all alone waiting for our "wingers" to get down the line and ping a cross in.

The attack was so monotonous. Fine, take advantage of his height and strength, but why not mix it up a bit, try a few through balls ffs, keep them guessing.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Plan b fell to pieces when Fellaini cracked his head open and therefore couldn't header the ball. Watched what happened after that, Fellaini and Lukaku switched. Lukaku dropped deep in to the 10 role and took all of the long balls and Fellaini played off him up front

So 350m spent, an exhibition match against a fellow european great, and we've got Fellaini up front

Now fair enough if it worked. But it never even looked like working. It's stone age shite. Granted it's early days. He might come up with something else. And it will be more effective in the Prem without a doubt. But it's not good enough for the top level.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

I liked how Matic did.........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Aye we saw season 2 Matic, not season 3

He reads the game brilliantly like Carrick. He puts out fires all over the pitch.
bman2
Legend

2 years ago

Matic looked top quality.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Pogba gotta so better

i see pogba has now learnt how to defend corners

Pogba's not turned up.

Pogba shooting when he had two players free

Pogba poor

Pogba gone hiding again.

Fucking Pogba is annoying me!

Pogba's wide left at times, it's shite

...but he'll never sub Pogba.

wtf is Pogba on the left?

i do agree with some pogs has gone walkabout.

£160 million for those two, fuck me

89m and 75m lol...

What the fuck was that from Pogba and Lukaku.

Pogba should find the corner

£170M worth of point blank misses there.

Fellaini contributed more in the game than pogba

Pogba has had a nightmare

It's another dive, this time Pogba

Pogba has been poor.

Yeah he has

Pogflop

............So when does he start to lift his game? Be consistent? Reflect the fact he was TWMEP? Or is it Jose's fault?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X