"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Dosdamt wrote:Mata really needs to be a part of a "3" behind a "1" up top

Rooney - Mata - Januzaj
RvP

It's the future. Rooney / Januzaj nominally in from each side, but really the entire three should be moving around
I agree... we don't have wingers that are actually any good on the wing... what we do have is some clever players capable of some intricate 1 touch wizardry in and around the box, and a couple of excellent goal scorers if a chance is made... so why are we sticking to this get it wide and whip it in shite?
Fuck knows Alf - fear of changing the system too far, wanting to stick with the United "tradition" of wingers, width, all that bollocks. Work with the players you've got and get as many of your best players as possible on the pitch.

Not to mention, in all likelihood we don't have a midfield two who could sit behind that three and make it work. Wouldn't take much, Rooney and Adnan could track back...
madredmonkey
Legend

6 years ago

So nice to get a win.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

madredmonkey wrote:So nice to get a win.
Don't strain yourself...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
madredmonkey
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Don't strain yourself...
:-* I will try hard.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
madredmonkey
Legend

6 years ago

madredmonkey wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Don't strain yourself...
:-* I will try hard.
Didn't get the chance to watch the game, but when the final whistle went my balls exploded with joy.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
sheesh

6 years ago

Why are Cardiff fans such unrelentingly small-time cunts?

One of their players rightly got booked for smashing the ball away so they started booing and when a decision went their way, they did all this ironic cheering shite.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

So we won. The highlights gave me the impression there where periods of clueless shite but great to see Mata's touch, movement and control. Young should be ashamed of himself cause when he doesn't think he's far better. Nice finish though. Better days ahead?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

sheesh wrote:Why are Cardiff fans such unrelentingly small-time cunts?

One of their players rightly got booked for smashing the ball away so they started booing and when a decision went their way, they did all this ironic cheering shite.
That huge ironic cheer was funny, it was well loud

It's always the same when shite teams play good teams though, they think the big club gets all the decisions, all the freekicks

It's because they have better players who're technically player thus making it harder to get the ball off em
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

I don't know...

That was about as defensive a lineup as Moyes could put out, and, despite the clean sheet, the defending wasn't very good. I'm not sure it will improve that much when Carrick is on instead of Giggs. If RvP, Rooney, and Mata play together, one of those defensive wingers will not, so any improvement Carrick brings will probably be balanced out.

On offense, Mata wasn't the key that unlocked Cardiff's defense; it was getting half a season's worth of output from Young in one match that made the difference. Not that Mata wasn't good, he was, and, in time, will surely develop an understanding with Rooney and RvP, but our best XI still gets smashed by City, probably Cheatsea, and any of the top sides in Europe.

We will likely only ever see Januzaj, Rooney, and Mata behind RvP late in a match when we're one goal down. If they couldn't be played together against Cardiff, who could they be played against? I know there were some mitigating factors: Carrick out with injury, Rooney and RvP just back in the side and not ready to play 90 minutes, but what side is so bad that Moyes would feel comfortable with those four playing in front of our current midfield and back four?