Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

2 years ago

Who said he should be sacked? Enough with the strawmen
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

No one is calling for him to be sacked. But when it's shit, say it's shit. It's that simple. Don't make excuses.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

It's been shit..... It was shit under end times Fergie, it was shit under Moyes, it was shit under LVG and now it's shit under Jose. Simple!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Ed from here is also on Fulltime Devils and talks a lot of sense....no one at all is calling for his head and all are sensible enough to see what state the current squad is in and how it still needs added to...and how it could still end positively ...as well as obv a few things fixed for next season
Ed from here? What name does he post under?
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:It's been shit..... It was shit under end times Fergie, it was shit under Moyes, it was shit under LVG and now it's shit under Jose. Simple!
....FFS Fergie won the title and the football was shite. Yet there are people on here trumpeting trophies like they're some kind of proof of something. Shite unexciting football and pragmatic bullshit is fucking soul destroying. Yet people keep jumping to the defence of this shite football by 'knowing' things are going to get better in the future, next season, when we buy, when we get rid of..... Fuckin' rubbish. All we have to actually comment on are the game we are watching or what has happened so far, the games past and how we played.

So Jose has had a season long audition and it's been average.
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

...worse than that Laz, this is the self-styled 'special one', which makes it disappointing as well as average.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Davel
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:No one is calling for him to be sacked. But when it's shit, say it's shit. It's that simple. Don't make excuses.
If we get turned over on thursday because he plays defensive YES he should get fired on the spot.
If we lose because of a bad ref decision or bad luck no, but unlike most on here, i dont think any1 deserves another year, You have to earn it, show some glimmer of improvement. I see darkness and a failed man managing his last club.
sheesh
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:
sheesh wrote:
Sid wrote:Thing is even if we get Europa, if we finish 6th, we're the 6th best team. We want to be in the top 4 so we're one of the top 4 best teams - then we're closer to the leaders, closer to winning a title.

Honestly Mourinho's lack of ambition is worse than Moyes. Keep fighting til the end ffs it's basic
Think back to some of the things he said in his first press conference where he said he didn't hide behind philosophies. He sounded like a united manager back then. Now we see what a gutless, spineless side we are. It all stems from the manager. I'm hoping his negative mindset now will disappear when we spend some more cash. If we're consistently playing this cowardly shit next year, he's got to go.
Aye, he has to show more ambition

If we don't get CL football do you reckon he'll walk? Because we'll struggle to sign the top players we need to improve the team. And as it is now he clearly can't hack it. He's fucking defeated, moaning more than ever before, feels like a victim... And all the time his family are in London. He might just fuck it all off.
Isn't his contract for 3 years? If so, he'd probably try and stick it out.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Pogba, your favourite player, Mata, Mickey T, DDG, Valencia, Bailleys looking the part, we had Zlatan though we didn't know we were paying him crazy wages, two sharp, quick young strikers played wide, even Rojo is a decent squad player. And Shaw's 21 and I think will come good.

I think we are all forgetting Fergie playing some absolute dross but he won so it was ok and we always had a go.

Stop saying the squads shite, it's PLAYING shite, that's the fuckin problem!

Mike Bassett with a 2b pencil and the bag of a feg packet could field a decent team.

It's not even a Jose thing, well it is, he has squaddies and some quality, but his football is and will always be defensive.

The players there that he didn't buy, you can see he's lost his cool a few times,

But they aren't bad players, Mickey T was destroying the Bundesliga including De Bruney in it,

And we are all sitting going oh but City have KDB, so fuckin what! Jose sold the cunt!

It boils down its not a bad squad, it's not Munich or Madrid but the problem is the players don't suit Joses style. So you either try and coach them or you sell them and buy Jose players and get fuckin rinsed.

If we don't qualify for the champions league and adidas pay us a fuck load less and the exchange rate is shite, if that happens would you be happy ditching decent players for fuck all and buying half a new team? Another £200 mill and risk it being a winning but shite to watch football.

He's got the trophies but let's not pretend some of his time were dull as fuckin dishwater only you had a Ronaldo or a Drogba or even a Lampard. We've got decent players that should have walked fourth but they don't really suit our Managers style is the crux for me.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Everybody relax, league positions don't matter if you're not going to win the league. Snoop said. You can finish 12th or 18th and it doesn't matter.

Tell you what it's a weight off my mind. All that stressing we've done over games in the past when really none of it matters. What a relief