Chump$ki v United

Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:tbf today was more or less a standard england performance in terms of the opening spell of high tempo huff and puff 'play at prem pace the foreigners cant cope with it' completely unthreatening wing based shite before the foreigners inevitably score and their superior quality takes over and dominate
It was all shite, we dominated fuck all, even the first 30 mins was mostly huff and puff bullshit (as you said). But we've been slipping into this for years. Most of our players' first touches are dreadful, Jacuzzi shows this game after game. Who else do we have that can control a ball like him or even come close???

And yet there are people on here who keep arguing its not that bad and giving it the 'come on United' shite!

Hope we fuck up in the Semi final but we'll probably win……….. Only to be immolated by City in the final. HOOOOORAY! COME ON UNITED!!!!!!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Spot on Knob

If you wanna get pissed off watch Moyes' post match

Fucking hell

"I think we played quite well. The game came down to 2 set pieces."

There was a huge silence in the press room after that, almost in disbelief

"We had a big part of the game, maybe more of it" nah, but even then, we were chasing so Chelsea could afford to sit off and counter
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:And he wants to reward us by winning it apparently. It's official……

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... 74134AAD39
It's not even winning the cup, just getting to the final. He knows we won't beat City.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:If you wanna get pissed off watch Moyes' post match
I have a hard time watching Moyes give interviews. It's difficult enough to take him seriously when hearing him speak always makes me think of the film Gregory's Girl, but the, "we hope to," and "we'll have to try to," coupled with blame being placed everywhere but where it belongs just makes me cringe.
Steggo
Legend

5 years ago

I was and still am quite prepared to give Moyes a chance. However he devalues himself with every game. His tactics are poor, his team selection strange to say the least and his backroom staff have absolutely no experience at coaching at the highest level. According to reports his training methods leave a great deal to be desired. So yes the current form of the team IS down to Moyes. The question to ask is how would, say, Mourinho or any other top class manager have handled this squad? A great deal differently. The players at the moment appear confused and demoralised. That only comes from the top (does anyone remember when we were getting drubbed at Man City earlier in the season Moyes reaction was to sink deeper into his seat. Not the inspirational actions of a man on a mission!).

And don't get me on the subject of the Glazers. Forced to sell my shares (not bought by me to make a profit but because United are my team) to a bunch of carpetbaggers.I forgive Ferguson most things but not that.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

Did Moyes force Fergie to hire him?

No.

Did Moyes assemble this team?

No.

I'm unsure about whether Moyes can hack it BUT....the blame for this implosion does not lay with Moyes. It's from the top down to Fergie.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Spot on Knob

If you wanna get pissed off watch Moyes' post match

Fucking hell

"I think we played quite well. The game came down to 2 set pieces."

There was a huge silence in the press room after that, almost in disbelief

"We had a big part of the game, maybe more of it" nah, but even then, we were chasing so Chelsea could afford to sit off and counter
he does that gordon brown awkward smile at random moments during interviews after defeats
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Did Moyes force Fergie to hire him?

No.

Did Moyes assemble this team?

No.

I'm unsure about whether Moyes can hack it BUT....the blame for this implosion does not lay with Moyes. It's from the top down to Fergie.
this is all embarrassing stuff from you brian tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Sid wrote:If you wanna get pissed off watch Moyes' post match
I have a hard time watching Moyes give interviews. It's difficult enough to take him seriously when hearing him speak always makes me think of the film Gregory's Girl, but the, "we hope to," and "we'll have to try to," coupled with blame being placed everywhere but where it belongs just makes me cringe.

Gregory's Girl. This made me laugh and choke :D
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Anantax
Legend

5 years ago

Even with gross underinvestment, Fergie's follies etc, is United really worse than Everton??? Or even arguably Tottenham and Liverpool? Are we really a team that should be 14 points off from Arsenal???

My answer to that would be a resounding NO.

Moyes has got United UNDERACHIEVING and he simply does not seem good enough to turn it around...I think that's clear. I keep hoping that he will prove me wrong, but then he simply doesnt.....