Chump$ki v United

Forum for match day threads
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Minus The Bear wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Yeah... the frustration is setting in now...

If something isn't done soon, we're going to self destruct...

Moyes is deep in it now!

Rafael.. Jesus chill out.
It's not just this loss... players are losing heart in the season, and the club...

We're going to see a lot of players wanting out...
Yeah, hard to convince them to scrap for 6th to get a Europa League place. We've got the COC, but have to turn around Sunderland, which even I don't believe we can do right now. We've got the Champions League but no one really believes we aren't going out after Olympiakos. Season is going to be over by the start of March.
sheesh

5 years ago

3 instances of poor defending have cost us today - although we were a bit unlucky with the first goal in that it took a deflection.

As predicted, Chelsea took it easy at 3-0 and that's how we scored. We don't have much character in the side, we have no leadership and there isn't enough quality.

Chelsea beat us playing in first gear. A sad day. I wouldn't be averse to playing a few more youngsters because some of the established players need to be shown the door. Valencia and Young performed as expected. Everyone goes on about how great our defenders are. They're really not great. Let's not kid ourselves. They're squad players who are OK against most teams in the league. If we are aspiring to compete with the very best sides, however, and we should, we should be after players that are much better than what we've got.

The remainder of the season is going to be even more painful than what we've already witnessed.
Last edited by sheesh on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

1 win out of 5 this year. Got Sunderland, Cardiff, Stoke and Fulham coming up. The shittest team Moyes could hope for.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

sheesh wrote:Steve Round will take charge of the team whilst Moyes is scouting Zlatan Ibrahimovic :p

3-1 Chelsea.
Cunt!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
madredmonkey
Legend

5 years ago

We're poor and were still only 6 points off 4th place, joke .
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Minus The Bear wrote:Yeah, hard to convince them to scrap for 6th to get a Europa League place...
Graeme Le Saux, commenting on the NBC feed, brings up an interesting question: if United aren’t going to finish in the top four, would the rebuilding of the side be better served with the Europa League money despite the travel and the fixture congestion it would bring or not? I think a squad trying to incorporate both young and new players would do well to only have the three domestic competitions in which to play. There’d be much less fatigue and a lot more time for training. I doubt the Glazers would agree with me, however.
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

madredmonkey wrote:We're poor and were still only 6 points off 4th place, joke .
Yeah but we aren't going to be making that six point gap up.
Minus The Bear
Star Man

5 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Minus The Bear wrote:Yeah, hard to convince them to scrap for 6th to get a Europa League place...
Graeme Le Saux, commenting on the NBC feed, brings up an interesting question: if United aren’t going to finish in the top four, would the rebuilding of the side be better served with the Europa League money despite the travel and the fixture congestion it would bring or not? I think a squad trying to incorporate both young and new players would do well to only have the three domestic competitions in which to play. There’d be much less fatigue and a lot more time for training. I doubt the Glazers would agree with me, however.
True but the argument only holds valid if you manage to get past the first round of the cup competitions. Also considering training is being taken by Phil Neville, I'm not sure more time for it is that beneficial.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Seen a time when i couldn't have eaten the Sunday Dinner i've just had after a result like that. I'm having a big desert next.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Minus The Bear wrote:True but the argument only holds valid if you manage to get past the first round of the cup competitions...
I don't follow your logic there. I would think that fewer games, less travel, and more time for training would be very beneficial to a rebuilding squad.