vs Norwich

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 years ago

Kagawa was excellent at Dortmund because they played a largely counter attacking game, with quick, technically skilled players who were adept at exploiting space on the break. He's one who knits things together, but he's not the tip of the sword, nor is he someone who will control a game for you.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Kagawa was excellent at Dortmund because they played a largely counter attacking game, with quick, technically skilled players who were adept at exploiting space on the break. He's one who knits things together, but he's not the tip of the sword, nor is he someone who will control a game for you.
Regardless of the reasons, he just looks out of sorts. Wonder if Dortmund would take him back now...
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Who left Klopp's Dortmund and did well? Sahin, Kagawa and Barrios were all important players, replaced by Gundogan, Reus and Lewandowski. Sahin went back and is playing well again. Gotze's obviously a bit special.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:Oh I dunno, I'm a fat cunt, but I rule my house with a iron fist.
You don't have to run for 90 minutes though.

You don't need an iron fist to ref a football match. It's not a prison, a death camp. You earn respect. Authority for authorities sake is the biggest load of bullshit.

7 yellows is to compensate for the cunts inability to keep up and unwillingness to run/sprint. He was trying to stamp his authority on the game by being 'tough', but instead he just lost respect. Players fucking hate refs like him.
Ffs
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:Kagawa was excellent at Dortmund because they played a largely counter attacking game, with quick, technically skilled players who were adept at exploiting space on the break. He's one who knits things together, but he's not the tip of the sword, nor is he someone who will control a game for you.
And he's no fuckin winger...

He was Fergusons "Fellaini"... a last minute buy, when the real transfer target didn't work out!

We are a sham... Manchester United, the biggest club in England... fuck off!!!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
And he's no fuckin winger...

He was Fergusons "Fellaini"... a last minute buy, when the real transfer target didn't work out!

We are a sham... Manchester United, the biggest club in England... fuck off!!!
Maybe the biggest club but definitely not the best club anymore.
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
madredmonkey wrote:were not going to improve till we get a better midfield.

till then we need to keep picking up points.
Unfortunately, picking up points is masking the need for a better midfield from those who would rather not see it, the Glazers and their apologists, for example.
True though that is, it's a double-edged sword, because it we don't pick up the points to keep in reach of the Champions League places, what midfielder worth having will want to come here anyway?
RobDiablo
Legend

5 years ago

Spudiator wrote:True though that is, it's a double-edged sword, because it we don't pick up the points to keep in reach of the Champions League places, what midfielder worth having will want to come here anyway?
You're failing to notice that there is no difference in the end results of having owners who can't (or won't) pay to bring in quality players versus finishing outside the top four and not being able to attract quality players. Either way, no quality players come to United.

For those of us who know the difference between a slump or temporary loss of form and a decline, it has been obvious that our once great club has been in serious decline for several years, and, as bitter a pill as it is to swallow, it seems that things will have to get much worse before they can begin to get better. This being the case, I'd rather 'take the medicine' now and get it over with.
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Spudiator wrote:True though that is, it's a double-edged sword, because it we don't pick up the points to keep in reach of the Champions League places, what midfielder worth having will want to come here anyway?
You're failing to notice that there is no difference in the end results of having owners who can't (or won't) pay to bring in quality players versus finishing outside the top four and not being able to attract quality players. Either way, no quality players come to United.

For those of us who know the difference between a slump or temporary loss of form and a decline, it has been obvious that our once great club has been in serious decline for several years, and, as bitter a pill as it is to swallow, it seems that things will have to get much worse before they can begin to get better. This being the case, I'd rather 'take the medicine' now and get it over with.
As much as I despise the Glazers (and I do), it's not like money hasn't been made available, it just hasn't been spent wisely. £27.5m on Fellaini, £24m on van Persie, £17m each on Young and Jones, £16m on Valencia, £30.75m on Berbatov, the list goes on, with very mixed levels of success. The problem is not about the parasitic owners stumping up the cash, it's that we've proven to be very poor negotiators, haggling over fees, seeing prospective targets go elsewhere and then being left overpaying for shite players just for the sake of signing SOMEONE! If Moyes stands up to the owners and says "I want (insert player's name), just make it happen, no matter what", then we could get someone good enough to fill the obvious gaps in the team, but of course that depends massive on three things: firstly whether Moyes can identify the exact player we need, someone who is good enough AND obtainable; secondly, whether Moyes has the balls to stand firm if he can find that player; and thirdly, if Woodward can miraculously learn to negotiate a football transfer very suddenly. Am I hoping for too much?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Wrong... it's not just about straight up figures of transfer fees...

We never seem to get "THE" elite player, the one we really want... sometimes we get the best of what's left after the big clubs are done... occasionally there was an exception, such as Berbatov and Van Persie... but I thing that was just Ferguson playing his loyalty card.

But how many times have United dropped out of the bidding for the top class talent, because the serious clubs went further??? We have the biggest(by far)revenues in England, but that counts for fuck all when most of it is earmarked for debt and owners expenses.

And by the way, anything under £20mill isn't worthy of a top class club any more... you pay £15/20mill for squad players and young prospects... not for starting 11 talent...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."