vs Norwich

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

You're right Alf but we won't be interested in half the players the press link us with. It's the journos fucking with desperate fans on the brink. And if we are interested we won't be to the extent the press say we are, when they say it's a done deal and then it collapses.
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:You're right Alf but we won't be interested in half the players the press link us with. It's the journos fucking with desperate fans on the brink. And if we are interested we won't be to the extent the press say we are, when they say it's a done deal and then it collapses.
We should know better to follow the tabloids and their speculative stories. We just have to trust that DM and Woodward get it right and have the right targets in mind for our club. I'm tired of mediocrity though....we need class and quality or don't sign anyone.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:You're right Alf but we won't be interested in half the players the press link us with. It's the journos fucking with desperate fans on the brink. And if we are interested we won't be to the extent the press say we are, when they say it's a done deal and then it collapses.
You're right Sid, but I'm not convinced it's just the press... in the off season maybe, as there's not much news... but there's no need for the press to invent rumours during the season, there's plenty of real football to talk about... I think some of it is started by players agents to stimulate interest and affect players fees/contracts/wages etc... but I also think a lot of it is started by clubs, for lots of reasons... in our case to support the Glazers claim that we're a big club, willing to back our manager in the market... which we're obviously not.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."