6 years ago

welbecks always played well up front
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Jones MoM fully deserved. Really like him playing where he is.
Protected the back 4 so well and allowed us to play out from the back. Think that might be his best position (certainly what United need right now anyway). Very rare we get a good midfield performance without Carrick, but Jones and Rooney both dropping deeper really made a difference.

Rooney has 8 assists already - most in the league and equal with Koke, Neymar and Fabregas across Europe. He's scored more than all of them though.
Suarez has 11, along with 18 goals...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:The most positive thing from that game is that when we pressed we looked like scoring
I quite enjoyed the counter-attacking with pace as well, especially in the first half. Valencia got a little selfish in the second and missed overlapping runs by Jones and then Cleverley.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

What's been encouraging so far is that some of the players who weren't playing well for a while are getting into good form. Jones and Valencia have had excellent games recently. Hopefully smalling can stay fit because God knows we need pace at the back.
Rafael and Valencia have never looked better together.
It looks like we're close to finding our best 11.
Januzaj is picking himself really.
Hopefully fellaini will gel in to grab the other midfield spot.

Nani hasn't stepped up - as expected, sadly.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote: Suarez has 11, along with 18 goals...
Thought he had 5. Where's 11 from?
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:What's been encouraging so far is that some of the players who weren't playing well for a while are getting into good form. Jones and Valencia have had excellent games recently. Hopefully smalling can stay fit because God knows we need pace at the back.

When Raf gets forward it helps Valencia out because the opposition have to deal with two wingers almost

Raf is top draw tbf, absolutely fucking class
Davey-boy
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:
dozer wrote:What's been encouraging so far is that some of the players who weren't playing well for a while are getting into good form. Jones and Valencia have had excellent games recently. Hopefully smalling can stay fit because God knows we need pace at the back.

When Raf gets forward it helps Valencia out because the opposition have to deal with two wingers almost

Raf is top draw tbf, absolutely fucking class
Wonder if moyes finally realises it yet?
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
Sid wrote:Raf is... absolutely fucking class
Wonder if moyes finally realises it yet?
I will say this about Moyes: he may be smarter than we give him credit for. It was several months back that I gave up trying to anticipate his substitutions because he kept proving me wrong by going more offensive than conservative. More recently, I stated that, because of his concerns regarding Evra's defensive frailties, he wouldn't start Januzaj until Carrick returned. I was right for a couple of matches, but then Adnan started three in a row, first on the right, but the last two on the left. Maybe GNev will be proved right and United will change Moyes rather than the other way around. He still needs help with his media relations, but with some financial backing (which I doubt he'll get), he just might find his way in the end.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

that west ham goal is a fucking disgrace from buttner tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

marlon wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote: Suarez has 11, along with 18 goals...
Thought he had 5. Where's 11 from?
5???

He's had 7 in just the last 4 games...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."