Vs West Ham

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

West Ham are making a big show about this being the actual last game at Upton Park so there's a chance they will choke for some of the game

But they just can't lost because of the occasion, so I just can't see us winning, not without Martial tbh

It might be a good idea to do the boring possession thing, limit their chances, then try and a nick it with one or two great chances
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

I don't think a tie does is any good. But we'll play that way you're saying, Sid, because Gaal seems fairly incapable of just throwing caution to the wind and going for it. It's weird how different he seems with us than with Holland.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah but this game is worth hundreds of millions of pounds to one of the richest clubs on earth. There's owners and shareholders to consider, as well as a vast array of wealthy sponsors that want CL exposure. And that's how we remain rich, by success, not by an external benefactor. So we simply must get results. Under those circumstances it's going to be a keep it tight and nick it kind of game no matter who the manager is tbf.

The fans that want value, entertainment and to "have a go" to satisfy some old fashioned English tradition are nothing compared to this lot. And they'll shell out no matter what's on the pitch because of love, marketting and hype.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

You watch it'll be a right ding dong and we'll win 4-3
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:You watch it'll be a right ding dong and we'll win 4-3
I hope you're right!!!
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

As good a team as you could hope for

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Rojo
Mata Herrera Schneiderlin Rooney Martial
Rashford

Romero, BJ, Jones, Carrick, Lingard, Januzaj, Memphis

Shame its not Fosu-Mensah in for Valencia. He was excellent vs Payet in the cup. Would be better if Mata and Rooney were swapped, but we've got a fresh Rashford and Martial, a proper midfield and Dave, so we should win this.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah that's about as attacking-oriented a line up as we've got.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

Memphis just isn't taking his chances this season. Hopefully he comes back next season like a new player- I can see this being a Nani thing all over again.

That's the best line up we could've hoped for apart from fucking Rojo. I've a feeling we won't win tonight and that'll be that.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
sheesh
Legend

4 years ago

Kick off has been put back to 8.30 because West Ham fans were blocking the United team's bus from getting to the stadium.

West Ham fans attacked the United coach:

Sid
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:As good a team as you could hope for

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Rojo
Mata Herrera Schneiderlin Rooney Martial
Rashford

Romero, BJ, Jones, Carrick, Lingard, Januzaj, Memphis

Shame its not Fosu-Mensah in for Valencia. He was excellent vs Payet in the cup. Would be better if Mata and Rooney were swapped, but we've got a fresh Rashford and Martial, a proper midfield and Dave, so we should win this.
Martial, fuck yeah