versus Leicester

Forum for match day threads
madredmonkey
Legend

3 years ago

Premier league, season has to go down as a failure .
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Robbo
Legend

3 years ago

madredmonkey wrote:Premier league, season has to go down as a failure .
Not if your Van Gaal and he could win a cup FFs
-----------------------------------------------------
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
ichiro wrote:Not at all Sid fergie would never have put up with the lack of passion and work rate. He would be on the sidelines screaming at them, inthe dressing room with the hairdryer. He would have them fired up.

Tbf fergie would have monstered this league as well.
I think they tried, they're all knackered, all sweating buckets

Fergie played 451 in big games and they were often dull as fuck. Very rarely did we "monster" good teams let alone the champions ffs.

Also we wouldn't have even had a midfield in that game, so it would have been worse than dull, we probably would have got overrun like we used to

We were never near as dull as this under Fergie, ever. And i've never had the sense from this team that LVG ever had them up for it, a few times it looked like the players had clicked themselves.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:
ichiro wrote:Not at all Sid fergie would never have put up with the lack of passion and work rate. He would be on the sidelines screaming at them, inthe dressing room with the hairdryer. He would have them fired up.

Fergie played 451 in big games and they were often dull as fuck. Very rarely did we "monster" good teams let alone the champions ffs.

Also we wouldn't have even had a midfield in that game, so it would have been worse than dull, we probably would have got overrun like we used to

We were never near as dull as this under Fergie, ever. And i've never had the sense from this team that LVG ever had them up for it, a few times it looked like the players had clicked themselves.
It's splitting hairs to say which was more dull. The FA Cup final against Chelsea 2007 was borderline criminal in how dull it was.

Whereas this game was bad but we had 15 shots, and 6 on target, with a few good sitatuons where we should have done better. It wasn't the endless sideways passing shite. We haven't seen that for a while now. It's a different brand of shit now.
Robbo
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Robbo wrote:I said it would be a draw and proved right.
Snap1.png
And the league now looks like this I still reckon we will not manage 4th place.
City and Arsenal to "play out" a draw which will see them both qualify. :-B
We have Norwich and West Ham and Bournemouth neither game will be easy against West Ham who are now one point behind us, Norwich still have a chance of staying up and Bournemouth I would expect us to win going to predict 2 draws and a win 5 points way to few.
-----------------------------------------------------
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 years ago

so we cant finish in the first positions
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:

It's splitting hairs to say which was more dull. The FA Cup final against Chelsea 2007 was borderline criminal in how dull it was.

Whereas this game was bad but we had 15 shots, and 6 on target, with a few good sitatuons where we should have done better. It wasn't the endless sideways passing shite. We haven't seen that for a while now. It's a different brand of shit now.

So how many complete seasons did we play this consistently dull, just one or two stand out games? I can't recall any season under Fergie that i wasn't in the pub giving it large to anyone that wasn't a United supporter. And i'm no Fergie fan!
just1n
Legend

3 years ago

2004-2006 was pretty dire.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
Sid wrote:

So how many complete seasons did we play this consistently dull, just one or two stand out games? I can't recall any season under Fergie that i wasn't in the pub giving it large to anyone that wasn't a United supporter. And i'm no Fergie fan!
You've changed the context from this particular game (and big games) to Fergie's era in general because you think I'm defending Gaal by pointing out we played shite football under Fergie too, in big games

That's my point, and it's right
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

So the overall context is less important than what you or itch think Fergie might have done in any one game. Fuck the game today it's not the problem. It's the string of games over two seasons. And yes Fergie managed shite games but never that many in a row.