vs Fulham

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:There's a difference between being hard and being dirty. I don't mind a bit of a dust up, but the sort of studs high, chicken shit tackle that can break legs and end careers has no place in the game. These are grown men who have been coached to be pussies.

I remember reading about a game between United and Liverpool in the 90s. Neil Ruddock was talking about how the first time he played against Cantona he tried to rough him up a bit and to his surprise, Eric gave some back. They were at it hammer and tong for 90 minutes. In the players lounge after the game, Eric just walked up to Ruddock, put a beer in his hand, nodded, and walked away. Exactly as it should be.
Lee Sharpe said something interesting once, about a game in which he was being roughed up when he was young. So Robson smashed the fella, and punched him in the stomach as he lay on the floor. They stayed away from Sharpe after that and let him play.

It has to be done, it's a part of the game, it's great.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

sheesh

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:No it's not classy, but sometimes it's warranted.

The tackle on Januzaj was chicken shit, bullying... lucky he only caught him with the arch of his boot where there is no cleat, or it could have caused proper damage... he's just a kid ffs, and I think most United fans would have forgiven Fellaini a sending off for planting five on the cunts chin... I know I would have.
Have you not seen the gif I posted? This is Marouane Fellaini. The biggest fanny in the side after Ashley Young.

He sees Januzaj getting the shit kicked out of him and stamped on so all he does is amble over and shove Riether out of the way.