Legend

6 years ago

Fulham's Sascha Riether first player to be charged by FA panel

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... y-fa-panel

Well in, the cunt
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

I would have been very pleased to see Fellaini plant one on that cretin who's now been charged with stamping on Adnan

And also we should have killed Fulham. It should have been five or six. I know the injuries disrupted us heavily, but they were BAD
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

One thing about American/Canadian sports... there are times when a bit of violent conduct is understood/tolerated, if not actually condoned.

Everyone knows about hockey fights, and they can get a bit ridiculous at times... but a lot of teams will employ an enforcer... he still needs to be a half decent player, but his secondary(primary) job is team scrapper... especially if your team has a top, top player, who is all flair and talent, but susceptible to rough tactics... that's when you send out your Marty McSorley, Tie Domi, Dave Semenko, to offer... "protection".

In baseball, there are unspoken but understood codes of conduct... if a batter crowds the plate, the pitcher will sometimes send a fast ball a bit close to the chin... to encourage the batter to back up a little... sometimes it gets too close and hits the batter... sometimes the batter will let the pitcher get away with it... sometimes he won't... but there is an understood code with pitchers... you hit a batter from my team, then I'll nail one from yours... and again, sometimes it's tolerated, sometimes it's not.

Professional sport is by its very nature aggressive... and it's only natural that tempers can sometimes erupt and clash when the competition is really fierce... Americans accept this... they still hand out fines and bans for serious offences... but there's not the pissy hand wringing and wailing when a player "understandably" goes a bit feral and smacks an opponent, the way you'd get here.

If an incident like what happened with Riether/Janusaj had happened in an American sport???... first of all, Janusaj would have felt obligated to stick up for himself and take the fucker on... but regardless of whether he did or even could or not, you can be sure that one of his team mates would have "looked after him"... in this case, Fellaini would have stepped in like a crazed lunatic and laid the cunt out.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

But we're fannies in the UK, Alf

One kid threw a flare at a linesman and the media went into meltdown, and plod got on a right fucking whingefest and called for the banning of all pyro at games and all people with arms and the ability to throw

It's fucking stupid

Anybody who thinks tackling is dead should watch south american football. Boca v River is ultra violence. I watched a game in Peru and twice the centreback was caught in a one on one with a striker, who he forearm smashed in the face to win the ball. It wasn't a penalty. The striker didn't even ask for it, he just got up, gathered himself and carried on.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

It's the new age, child protection squad Sid... can't have kids seeing such violence on the telly... don't mind a bit of Arnie, dropping some foreign cunt off a high building, or Sly unloading a 50 calibre into a horde of slanty-eyed baddies, spraying blood and gore all over the lens... but a punch up on the field of play?... no, no, no... that won't do at all... anyway, sporting competition isn't even encouraged anymore... nowadays, all kids are winners, and no one loses... let's just have fun, and try not to get our trousers dirty... ffs...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

New age.......... Sly and Arnie????? Just saying.

So the tackle on Jaccuzzi was a good thing and we need more of that kind of thing. Or just more of the player stepping in and nailing an offending opponent for revenge.

Classy.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

No it's not classy, but sometimes it's warranted.

The tackle on Januzaj was chicken shit, bullying... lucky he only caught him with the arch of his boot where there is no cleat, or it could have caused proper damage... he's just a kid ffs, and I think most United fans would have forgiven Fellaini a sending off for planting five on the cunts chin... I know I would have.
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

I agree with Alf. A lot of teams think they can play United and get physical. Fellaini getting into proper physical mode and lamping some moron would send a fairly aggressive message - don't fuck with United anymore. We ain't gonna take it.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 years ago

There's a difference between being hard and being dirty. I don't mind a bit of a dust up, but the sort of studs high, chicken shit tackle that can break legs and end careers has no place in the game. These are grown men who have been coached to be pussies.

I remember reading about a game between United and Liverpool in the 90s. Neil Ruddock was talking about how the first time he played against Cantona he tried to rough him up a bit and to his surprise, Eric gave some back. They were at it hammer and tong for 90 minutes. In the players lounge after the game, Eric just walked up to Ruddock, put a beer in his hand, nodded, and walked away. Exactly as it should be.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:It's the new age, child protection squad Sid... can't have kids seeing such violence on the telly... don't mind a bit of Arnie, dropping some foreign cunt off a high building, or Sly unloading a 50 calibre into a horde of slanty-eyed baddies, spraying blood and gore all over the lens... but a punch up on the field of play?... no, no, no... that won't do at all... anyway, sporting competition isn't even encouraged anymore... nowadays, all kids are winners, and no one loses... let's just have fun, and try not to get our trousers dirty... ffs...
Aye, the authorities have clamped down on everything. It's what we do best. We send our plod and politicians all round the world to train foreign regimes how to clamp down on democracy. While the rest of europe goes off at austerity we sit here condemning a kid who smashed a window of a bank, claiming anarchy, chaos arrgh run for your lives. A smashed window. I just...