vs Stoke

Forum for match day threads
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

Felwin wrote:That's right, I said it. No Rooney.
FFS we're 8th in the table. Rooney has been one of the few bright spots. Where would we be without him?
captainhormone
Star Man

6 years ago

Indeed
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Its strange that Moyes hasn't considered swapping Rooney's and rvps positions even once. Rooney can play as a number 9 - he's got us 44 goals per season twice when he played there. That's up against the world's best.

I'd consider it as a tactical change say after 45 or 60 mins if the game isn't going to plan.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

the same twats who somehow think rooneys excellent form is a problem are probably the same ones who thought wed be fine selling him and wouldn't even need to replace him

him and degea are all that's keeping us above water right now tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Felwin
First Teamer

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:the same twats who somehow think rooneys excellent form is a problem are probably the same ones who thought wed be fine selling him and wouldn't even need to replace him

Come on mate. Who saw his good form coming in the summer? And how long's it gonna last? Yeah he's been good, but when you talk of the future and progression, I personally wouldn't mind seeing the back of him.

Surely you can see his limitations? Or are you one of the blind morons that chant his name after every wasted effort flung vaguely in the direction of the goal?
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Sell the old Rooney, the one who coasted for years, and the one who couldn't pass

Keep this one, because he's ten times the player Kagawa is and he takes responsibility because he's got character which is something you can't teach

But I'm still not convinced he won't do one in January/summer
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Felwin wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:the same twats who somehow think rooneys excellent form is a problem are probably the same ones who thought wed be fine selling him and wouldn't even need to replace him

Come on mate. Who saw his good form coming in the summer? And how long's it gonna last? Yeah he's been good, but when you talk of the future and progression, I personally wouldn't mind seeing the back of him.

Surely you can see his limitations? Or are you one of the blind morons that chant his name after every wasted effort flung vaguely in the direction of the goal?
"limitations"?... "wasted effort flung vaguely in the direction of the goal"?

This is a joke right?

You're just winding us up, yeah?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 years ago

Fuck me. All the problems we have and people think the way we should go about addressing them is to sell Wayne Rooney?? We need more Rooneys, not less.

Personally, I think he may well be off in the summer anyway, without us looking to get rid. I think he's resolved himself to get fit, rise above all the speculation from the summer, have a great year and great World Cup, and bring back some of the suitors that may have turned their shoulder after a below par year last season.

And that'll be another nail in the coffin.
Felwin
First Teamer

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Felwin wrote:

"limitations"?... "wasted effort flung vaguely in the direction of the goal"?

This is a joke right?

You're just winding us up, yeah?
Well maybe i'm embittered by his attitude, but he needs to be as good as he is now for the rest of the season for me to start seeing him as one of our best players again.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 years ago

Has his attitude been that bad? OK, he kicked up a fuss 2 years ago when he got his new contract. And although his approach may not have been great and he was badly advised, he was only calling out what many reds have been saying for 3 years or more. His words look prophetic now.

And his attitude this season has been spot on. He looks fit, hungry and despite being provoked in a number of interviews he's never been anything other than professional in his response.

Who knows what's gone on behind the scenes? It's possible that one or two people at the club tried to fuck him over in the summer. If that's the case, then I can't fault. Single thing he's done this summer.