Star Man

6 years ago

Never heard Fulham v Southampton called that before
madredmonkey
Legend

6 years ago

Minus The Bear wrote:Never heard Fulham v Southampton called that before
Yes often called that. :^o
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

If that was a win during the SAF era it will be hailed as the manager having led them over the line.

So what is it this time? Personally, I do not think that Jones will be this bad again for the rest of the season. So hopefully it will progress from here on.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Aye, Moyes gambled Fergie style and put 3 strikers on, and it worked
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:If that was a win during the SAF era it will be hailed as the manager having led them over the line.

So what is it this time? Personally, I do not think that Jones will be this bad again for the rest of the season. So hopefully it will progress from here on.
I am one of those that has always spoke for giving Moyes time

But tbh I am very disappointed in his team selections lately. Take today: Nani cleverley smalling jones were horrible today. Now of course he doesnt have a crystal ball, but surely he must see something in practice? I mean its fine if 1 or 2 players are bad, but FOUR?

He made the right changes today, all credit to him

But before Januzaj we really created very little and looks very very shaky in the back
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

It's the second match in a row in which Moyes has pleasantly surprised me with his substitutions, going more attacking than defensive, so I'm going to stop trying to guess what he'll do next.

It's too bad that Rooney doesn't want to play in midfield; that would solve a problem or two. We could have RvP up top with Kagawa behind and Januzaj on the left. With Rooney placed to arrive late into the box, we'd have enough firepower that we could afford to play a more defensive winger on the right (or give Zaha a run of games in that position). Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, so we need to find two quality CMs as soon as possible: one to partner and one to spell Carrick when he needs a rest or has a knock. Forget Baines; left back is not a priority, the center of midfield is.
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:It's too bad that Rooney doesn't want to play in midfield; that would solve a problem or two. We could have RvP up top with Kagawa behind and Januzaj on the left. With Rooney placed to arrive late into the box, we'd have enough firepower that we could afford to play a more defensive winger on the right (or give Zaha a run of games in that position). Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, so we need to find two quality CMs as soon as possible: one to partner and one to spell Carrick when he needs a rest or has a knock. Forget Baines; left back is not a priority, the center of midfield is.
Kagawa just is never going to fit here with both Rooney and RVP. He'll be off in January.

Januzaj gave the team a huge lift when he came on and I think he and Valencia are now starters.

I am resigned to the fact that Cleverley isn't up to it and add him to the future departures list along with AY, Nani and Anderson (if anyone will take them). Giggs and Fletcher too should hang it up.

We need Baines but yes CM is the priority. Woodward had better get his shit together and find a world-class player for Jan or summer. I still can't believe the colossal fuck-up he made with Fabregas. WTF was he thinking?
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

By the way, we were VERY VERY fortunate to get the 3 points today. Hopefully the team gets a lift form this and our season takes off from here. But we are barely scraping by poor teams. What will happen when we start playing top sides? UNless things change, I see us finishing 5th or 6th because Chelsea, City, Arsenal and 'Pool are miles ahead of us atm.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Kagawa just is never going to fit here with both Rooney and RVP. He'll be off in January.

Januzaj gave the team a huge lift when he came on and I think he and Valencia are now starters.

I am resigned to the fact that Cleverley isn't up to it and add him to the future departures list along with AY, Nani and Anderson (if anyone will take them). Giggs and Fletcher too should hang it up.

We need Baines but yes CM is the priority. Woodward had better get his shit together and find a world-class player for Jan or summer. I still can't believe the colossal fuck-up he made with Fabregas. WTF was he thinking?

Don't think Kags is off unless he has a strop. I think Moyes may actually be under some pressure to play him hence the "people keep telling me how good he is" quote from the Sociedad game. That's 2 starts in a row. Let's have some optimism here.

As for the rest,I'm with you and I hope to god you're wrong about Valencia back as a starter. I'm starting to believe the old Zaha rumors, how bad can he be in training that he doesn't get a look in?
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Kagawa's not the problem. Problem is playing Rooney and van Persie as strikers. The only time we've played decent football over the last few years has been when Rooney's dropped deeper and got involved in the buildup. If Rooney's demanding to be a striker then it's not going to work. We need an no. 10. Doesn't matter if it's Rooney or Kagawa - someone's got to do it.

Best thing that could happen to us right now is for one of Rooney or van Persie to get injured (provided we then don't stick to 442 with Hernandez and Welbeck).