vs Sunderland

Forum for match day threads
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

Any particular hopes for this game? Don't say "a win", that's kind of redundant, against a team struggling as much as Sunderland, a win should be the absolute minimum expectation, but what I'd like to see is some unity a more confidence-inspiring, positive performance rather than just scraping it. Wilfried Zaha's denied shagging Moyes' daughter on Twitter, so assuming Moyes believes him, it'd be nice to see him given some minutes to show what we paid all that money for.

Also, saw this on Football365's weekend preview:
Only once in the last 14 seasons has a club taken one point or fewer from their first seven games, the Portsmouth side of 2009/10 that sank without a trace. Lose to Manchester United and by Saturday evening that's the reality facing Sunderland.

Having conceded three goals in each of their last three games, the last people that Sunderland defenders and Kevin Ball wanted to see was Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney.
Troubling times for Sunderland, and gambling on Di Canio last season does seem ill-advised in hindsight, even if he did seemingly save them in the short-term. Now is not the time for sympathy though, we've got a crisis of our own to overcome, and the only consolation of this season so far has been that Chelsea and City have both spent massively more than we have and haven't started the season any better!
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

A convincing 3-0 win with good movement will give Moys breathing space

Anything other than that would not dissuade the doubters

A draw, or worse, a loss, would have the knives out...
madredmonkey
Legend

6 years ago

Always tough after an away game in Europe, but i will go with a 1-2 United.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

I want a smashing... a fuckin mauling... I want the lads to take all the frustrations of the fans and dump the whole lot on the heads of Sunderland... I want blood and entrails, chunks of flesh with hair on it, gouged eyes and broken teeth... when the game ends, I want the pitch littered with limp, broken bodies, while second rate wags wail, and claw at their bosoms, as Rooney, the last United player to leave the field, turns, spits, and mutters, "fuckin cunts"... and then disappears down the tunnel.

That's what I want!

Seriously... I mean it this time.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
just1n
Legend

6 years ago

^^^this. And Young and Giggs not to start.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Looking at our form I'd be happy with a win tbf, preferably with goals scored from open play but I'll take any win. Sunderland have just sacked their manager and I'm not sure how that will change the mentality of their team, the players didn't like him tbf.
I'm hoping that he experiments with the left midfield considering the state of that position, I'd actually play Buttner there if not Januzaj.

DDG
Rafael/Fabio Smalling Evans/Vidic Evra
Valencia/Januzaj, Carrick/Cleverley, Fellaini, Januzaj/Buttner
Rooney, RVP
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

'Any particular hopes for this game?'
Some proper ball control, passing, possession and tempo. Oh and 3 points we can feel we deserved.

Doing this without Cleverly, Young, Nani and Anderson would be great.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

And without Giggs!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
captainhormone
Star Man

6 years ago

2 struggling sides in a relegation battle 7 games in...FFS.. A real 6 pointer
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

I'd like to see the same as Alf

I'd also like to see no Young, Anderson, Giggs near the team

I'd like to see us play an adventurous, pressing 4 - 3 - 3 and really do a number on Sunderland,

But what we will see is a coughing, spluttering, splattering shite performance, and we'll maybe sneak 3 points. And Giggs will start ffs.