Americans crash FIFA party

Non-United football chat
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Spudiator wrote:Vladimir Putin having his say, from BBC Sportsday Live:
Russian president Vladimir Putin has laced up his size nines and careered into the Fifa farrago. Safe to say he's not exactly enamoured by the actions of the USA...

"It looks very strange, the arrests are carried out on the request of the USA side - it's got nothing to do with the USA," he told Russian state television. "It's another clear attempt by the USA to spread its jurisdiction to other states. And I have no doubt - it's a clear attempt not to allow Mr Blatter to be re-elected as president of FIFA."
He's got a point about America trying to police the whole world, but let's face it, that's not why he's got an interest in this really, he probably knows as well as we all do that Russia's own part in this whole scandal is bound to end up being uncovered.
The Americans are "policing" this, because they have the opportunity/jurisdiction that other countries don't...

And as for the Americans covering their own tracks, there's nothing stopping Russia, Qatar, or Blatter for that matter conducting their own investigation to show the Americans up as hypocrites, and just as guilty as anyone, and in fact, if/when all this goes to court, you can be damned sure that they will attempt to do just that...

I've got no love for Americans at all, but this is one case where I'm backing them all the way... as long as it's thorough and transparent!
The yanks gave themselves jurisdiction, but it's not like they ever stick to em

And thorough and transparent... That old chesnut. Good luck with that

Don't forget the judge who was reviewing the head of FIFAS ethics committees report has to publish his findings, remember your man said he wasn't happy and he was misquoted and basically he welcomed an enquiry because he said they'd doctored his report.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:The Yanks are going back to 1991 which would pre date their World Cup plus its the Swiss investigating the bids, not America, they are going after the money trail so it'll probably end with two investigations with the American one criss crossing with the Swiss one when they get to 2018 and 2022's bids.

Blatter has been living in Switzerland so long and he's an old fucker, he grew up during the age when you couldn't touch/trace any dodgy dealings, Swiss bank accounts, safety deposit boxes, the Swiss have moved on, he obviously hasn't in his Ivory tower.
Just seen the yanks are going as far back as 91. Looking forward to hearing the details of their corrupt winning bid in that case, and then bringing the "wrong doers to justice"

If the yanks had won their bid, none of this would be happening. The long running FBI investigation would have been put on the back burner again. And that says a lot about where the yanks are morally

Bad losers tbf
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Russian president Vladimir Putin has laced up his size nines and careered into the Fifa farrago. Safe to say he's not exactly enamoured by the actions of the USA...

"It looks very strange, the arrests are carried out on the request of the USA side - it's got nothing to do with the USA," he told Russian state television. "It's another clear attempt by the USA to spread its jurisdiction to other states. And I have no doubt - it's a clear attempt not to allow Mr Blatter to be re-elected as president of FIFA."
He's got a point about America trying to police the whole world, but let's face it, that's not why he's got an interest in this really, he probably knows as well as we all do that Russia's own part in this whole scandal is bound to end up being uncovered.
The Americans are "policing" this, because they have the opportunity/jurisdiction that other countries don't...

And as for the Americans covering their own tracks, there's nothing stopping Russia, Qatar, or Blatter for that matter conducting their own investigation to show the Americans up as hypocrites, and just as guilty as anyone, and in fact, if/when all this goes to court, you can be damned sure that they will attempt to do just that...

I've got no love for Americans at all, but this is one case where I'm backing them all the way... as long as it's thorough and transparent!

Don't forget the judge who was reviewing the head of FIFAS ethics committees report has to publish his findings, remember your man said he wasn't happy and he was misquoted and basically he welcomed an enquiry because he said they'd doctored his report.
Course they doctored it. But this is the same bloke who investigated America and the Iraq War and found nothing wrong, so his report won't scratch the surface I reckon

There was once an investigation into FIFAs corrupt practices back in the 90s, and it was run by our own Sebb Coe, sho miraculously found nothing untoward

He then went on to lead our winning Olympics bid

So when are we going to arrest people over bribes to the IOC, bribes we know are happening, the bribes we paid in order to secure 2012. When will we see Coe in handcuffs
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

"It looks very strange, the arrests are carried out on the request of the USA side - it's got nothing to do with the USA," he told Russian state television. "It's another clear attempt by the USA to spread its jurisdiction to other states. And I have no doubt - it's a clear attempt not to allow Mr Blatter to be re-elected as president of FIFA."[/quote]
He's got a point about America trying to police the whole world, but let's face it, that's not why he's got an interest in this really, he probably knows as well as we all do that Russia's own part in this whole scandal is bound to end up being uncovered.[/quote]

I've got no love for Americans at all, but this is one case where I'm backing them all the way... as long as it's thorough and transparent![/quote]

And thorough and transparent... That old chesnut. Good luck with that[/quote][/quote]

Baby steps big man, don't worry about the next, just enjoy the now, WHEN Blatter wins tomorrow, it'll kick off big style, let's enjoy that then we can start looking back and to be honest, why would America have needed to bribe anyone, USA 94 was fucking class, and if their was corruption, I guarantee you there'll be a few top young barristers who were still in School in '94 that would happily nail a fellow American as it would make their career, this isn't Iraq or Government cover ups so I cant really see if there was bribery and corruption why any current administration would apply pressure to bury it, Id say it'll all come out in the wash.

That Blatter speech was fuckin gut churning, he really really really believes he's amazing and that in his late 70s, he's going to rebuild world footballs ethics. Isnt euthanasia pretty socially acceptable in Switzerland, Platini is ready to start plunging the syringe tbf even though he's a cock.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:The politics are fascinating really. The African and Asian federations are publicly backing Blatter and accusing UEFA/USA of Western arrogance. Putin getting on the same train. I suppose UEFA are backing this Jordanian guy for that reason, probably pushed the likes of Platini and Figo to bow out of the race.

I'd say if the vote goes ahead and Blatter is re-elected, Visa will formally cut ties. A financial firm can't be sponsoring an entity synonymous with financial malfeasance. That would put a lot of pressure on other sponsors to do likewise.
Blatter puts in some ridiculous air miles touring Africa, pushing the message, that the western FAs, especially Europe is holding back football in the rest of the world... which is hypocritical bollocks... Europe is the financial heart of football, and has been for 50+ years... it's where the money is, and most of the sponsored telly coverage, and UEFA/FIFA, and Blatter have profited no end from that... but Blatter doesn't need money, he needs votes, and the richest FAs only make up a small percentage of the total... Blatter plays up to all the smaller countries, and their FAs, and promotes himself as their champion, who will take on the big FAs, and bring wealth to all... but then he sells out to 2 of the most corrupt, and financially unfair countries in the world...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Blatter wil probably still win this vote, which says it all. Corrupt from top to bottom. It'd be easier to start from scratch than try to clean it up and reform it.
Don't be so sure this time... the issue has always been that FIFA was untouchable, so Blatter could win a lot of votes not just out of loyalty, but also out of fear... none of the smaller FAs dared to speak up against Blatter... but now, if there is a real chance that their might be mutiny amongst the big FAs, and that a breakaway might happen, then you "might" just see a lot of the other FAs joining up out of fear of getting left behind...

Or... this time, there might be a case of FAs turning away from FIFA to avoid being seen to be part of the problem...

This isn't just scandal anymore... Blatter and FIFA can't just sweep this under the rug and carry on... there is going to be change, and smart FAs are going to seriously reconsider their allegiances, and associations...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:Fuck, sky just broke down all the voting there and they reckon Blatters already won because he only needs 105 votes and the block votes of Africa, Conacaf and Oceania will be enough plus he'll have Asia, Russia and weirdly Spain(?) from the countries who have independent votes
Spain???

FFS... maybe I shouldn't be surprised... he is a patron, or godfather, or Uncle, or some other weird shit, of Real after all...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:
marlon wrote:Sid's right. If they were hosting world cup this wouldn't be happening. Take what we can get though
Notice how the corruption charges the Americans are putting forward only go back 20 years?

That's because the yanks hosted it the World Cup in 94, and it would mean investigating and revealing the inevitable corruption involved in their bid

So their limit ia 20 years, nothing earlier, otherwise it gets awkward for them and they lose the narrative that we play by the rules and nobody else does
Fuckin hell Sid... can you not see that there is 2 different levels of corruption at work here?? I can hear you now laughing like that's a daft statement, but it's not... there probably isn't a single sport, big money sport, in the world that isn't being manipulated, and corrupted for one reason or another... the Olympics, boxing, cricket, baseball, basketball, etc, etc... if it's not match fixing, it's gambling, or drug offences, or youth trading, or whatever... there's somebody backhanding someone else somewhere for something... the bigger the sport, the bigger the problem... football is full of it, and no ones hands are clean... but there's the wheeling and dealing that's been going on for decades, ever since the WC became a global money machine...the ego stroking, wining and dining, present buying, political favouritisms, all the stuff that's rife in every single big sporting event, the Olympics is probably even worse for this shit...

And then there's FIFA... listening to you right now, you'd think FIFA is being persecuted by the real villains here, the British and the Yanks...

First of all, it's not just the British and the Americans who are driving this... there are a lot of FAs who have been calling for something like this for years, and years... the only ones not complaining, are the countries directly benefitting from Blatters rule... what's going on in Qatar, and the migrant worker deaths, is a far worse issue than the possible snidey agenda of our FA and it's push to hold the tournament... regardless, the Germans, the French, the Italians, the Australians, and many others would all love to see FIFA torn down and rebuilt...

But as far as blaming the Americans... I've no doubt they've got their own agenda, but the reason they're heading this investigation is because they are the only country who have the legal system to make this work... whether you agree with it or not, the American approach to evidence, and specifically plea bargaining gives them an advantage, that apparently other countries don't have... but that doesn't mean they're on their own... if you've been following this you'd see that, it's because of this system that all the other concerned FAs have been working with the Americans to make this raid happen... and I don't think any of this would have happened if the Yanks hadn't caught one of their own, neck deep in it...

I don't think American "soccer" is going to benefit from this directly, so I'm not exactly sure what their agenda is, but sometimes you just have to accept that good things can come from even the worst villains and their selfish motives... in the end, it's the change that matters... whatever happens, I can guarantee, there isn't an FA anywhere that isn't sweating on what's going to come out here, including ours...

And I don't really care at this point... usually in situations like this, the cunts at the top slither away, while some no mark lackey carries all the blame... it seems, (hopefully) that for once, it's the cunts at the top who are being dragged out into the light, and if that happens then football is going to shake to its very core... and there won't be an FA anywhere that isn't affected... real change was never going to happen until FIFA was sorted out...

I really don't see, how you can't see, that this can only be a good thing...
I've already said I'm all for arresting em and calling in the firing squad

But I just don't trust the yanks or the British. Nobody should, very few do. But that shouldn't lead you in to thinking I'm sticking up for FIFA or victimising em, because I'm genuinely enjoying seeing em scurrying out of their 5 star hotels in cuffs. I'm just putting across a highly sceptical alternative view amidst the America fuck yeah shite - a view that I also said could be total bollocks.
Sorry Sid... I think maybe I'm just getting carried away... I'm actually finding this a bit exciting...
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:The politics are fascinating really. The African and Asian federations are publicly backing Blatter and accusing UEFA/USA of Western arrogance. Putin getting on the same train. I suppose UEFA are backing this Jordanian guy for that reason, probably pushed the likes of Platini and Figo to bow out of the race.

I'd say if the vote goes ahead and Blatter is re-elected, Visa will formally cut ties. A financial firm can't be sponsoring an entity synonymous with financial malfeasance. That would put a lot of pressure on other sponsors to do likewise.
Blatter puts in some ridiculous air miles touring Africa, pushing the message, that the western FAs, especially Europe is holding back football in the rest of the world... which is hypocritical bollocks... Europe is the financial heart of football, and has been for 50+ years... it's where the money is, and most of the sponsored telly coverage, and UEFA/FIFA, and Blatter have profited no end from that... but Blatter doesn't need money, he needs votes, and the richest FAs only make up a small percentage of the total... Blatter plays up to all the smaller countries, and their FAs, and promotes himself as their champion, who will take on the big FAs, and bring wealth to all... but then he sells out to 2 of the most corrupt, and financially unfair countries in the world...
Oh I know. The annoying thing is that I actually agree with the principle of properly globalizing the sport, so it really grinds my gears to see Blatter using it as a transparent cover for expanding and protecting his bribery racket. If FIFA actually believed in the things he says it does, he would take the huge sponsorship profits and use them to build stadia and grassroots infrastructure in developing countries. Instead, when the World Cup sets down in a place like South Africa, it's in order to suck money and resources out of the country, not give something to it. It's a parasitic entity that has the gall to tell people in developing countries that it's giving them something when quite the opposite is happening.

The Qatari World Cup is just the logical conclusion of this completely insincere, bullshit process. Oh a World Cup in the Middle East is important is it? Well then I assume it'll be in Turkey, or perhaps Egypt or Iran, or North African countries. All places with big populations and real home grown leagues and grassroots popularity for the sport. What happens instead, they give it to a luxury tourist resort that sits on top of an oil well, in the middle of the desert, and that also happens to have social and labour laws that most of the rest of the world find repugnant. The only developing world involvement comes from the exploited imported laboured used to build an edifice to venality.
Last edited by bman2 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Mate... I think you're seriously underestimating the exposure here... I mean, a lot of what you've got against our FA, was brought to light by our own press, especially the Guardian...

Every paper in the world is going to have journos on the case, and there will be some real crackin investigative types looking to get the latest dirt, on anyone and everyone... I honestly don't think there will be anywhere to hide for any cunt involved...

And I do think our FA is going to get raked over as well... but it will be played down as a minor issue relative to the big picture...

I think there is a lot to be optimistic about this time... it might not affect this election, but who will honestly take this election seriously if Blatter wins, after all this?