Americans crash FIFA party

Non-United football chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7668
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

All bets are off, this is the end of FIFA as we know it. Russia I guess has to happen in some form, because it's so soon, but I doubt Qatar ever will. They can go ahead with their election on Friday, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled, but it's meaningless anyway. The organization is finished. At the very least, there'll have to be a significant change in personnel, rules, governance, and almost certainly the name. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big European FAs move to start over.

For all the money FIFA produces, practically all of it comes from advertising and sponsorships. But now that "FIFA" is only a marginally less despised term than"ISIS", what sponsor is going to pay to be associated with it? They're going to have to completely disassociate from the whole thing.

And then waiting in the wings are the big clubs, smelling blood. If the opportunity arises, they'll provide the killing blow. They'd love to create a new nationality-based tournament that they control and protects their interests.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:They won't because it's the British and the yanks behind this. It's both governments who lost out on World Cup bids, using GCHQ and NSA, FBI and the MET

It's bigger than football, it's money and international politics

If these officials are replaced by new ones that are approved by the British and yanks then it's a coup d'tat. The yanks and British want to increase their influnece and power over FIFA and thus world football, and they're doing it under the guise of "cleaning it up". They've spent the last couple of years establishing the narrative that we lost the world cup because we played by the rules because we're great and everybody else is corrupt, when the reality will be that we didn't buy em off enough compared to our rivals. So right there you have the motivation and justification for action

But then tbf it might just be to put the frightners on Blatter as he stands for relection

We'll see
FFS!

You think this is all about the English FA and the Americans trying to bring down FIFA, so they can rig it in their favour... One of the first cunts arrested was the American rep to FIFA... sometimes Sid, it seems like you're so blinded by your own rage against anything English, that you can't see the forest for the trees... how about just enjoying the fact that someone, anyone has finally found some evidence, and more importantly the balls, to finally bring down what everyone knows is the biggest cancer in football... if our FA is dirty then that will come out as well... you can't cast such a vast net, and then get fussy about which villain gets caught... especially when you've opened the whole fuckin thing up in public...
This x 100 Sid, you keep saying about the need for somebody to do something, then they do, then you look at their motives, you cant take a win
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24269
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:They won't because it's the British and the yanks behind this. It's both governments who lost out on World Cup bids, using GCHQ and NSA, FBI and the MET

It's bigger than football, it's money and international politics

If these officials are replaced by new ones that are approved by the British and yanks then it's a coup d'tat. The yanks and British want to increase their influnece and power over FIFA and thus world football, and they're doing it under the guise of "cleaning it up". They've spent the last couple of years establishing the narrative that we lost the world cup because we played by the rules because we're great and everybody else is corrupt, when the reality will be that we didn't buy em off enough compared to our rivals. So right there you have the motivation and justification for action

But then tbf it might just be to put the frightners on Blatter as he stands for relection

We'll see
FFS!

You think this is all about the English FA and the Americans trying to bring down FIFA, so they can rig it in their favour... One of the first cunts arrested was the American rep to FIFA... sometimes Sid, it seems like you're so blinded by your own rage against anything English, that you can't see the forest for the trees... how about just enjoying the fact that someone, anyone has finally found some evidence, and more importantly the balls, to finally bring down what everyone knows is the biggest cancer in football... if our FA is dirty then that will come out as well... you can't cast such a vast net, and then get fussy about which villain gets caught... especially when you've opened the whole fuckin thing up in public...
I'm being scepitcal here because you have to be when you're dealing with the American government pulling shit like this in the name of justice and fairness

I mean come on ffs

The big question for me is this: why have they chosen now to do someting about the corruption in FIFA when literally everyone has known what has been going on for years. There have been countless articles, books, journos revealing all. So why now
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24269
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:They won't because it's the British and the yanks behind this. It's both governments who lost out on World Cup bids, using GCHQ and NSA, FBI and the MET

It's bigger than football, it's money and international politics

If these officials are replaced by new ones that are approved by the British and yanks then it's a coup d'tat. The yanks and British want to increase their influnece and power over FIFA and thus world football, and they're doing it under the guise of "cleaning it up". They've spent the last couple of years establishing the narrative that we lost the world cup because we played by the rules because we're great and everybody else is corrupt, when the reality will be that we didn't buy em off enough compared to our rivals. So right there you have the motivation and justification for action

But then tbf it might just be to put the frightners on Blatter as he stands for relection

We'll see
FFS!

You think this is all about the English FA and the Americans trying to bring down FIFA, so they can rig it in their favour... One of the first cunts arrested was the American rep to FIFA... sometimes Sid, it seems like you're so blinded by your own rage against anything English, that you can't see the forest for the trees... how about just enjoying the fact that someone, anyone has finally found some evidence, and more importantly the balls, to finally bring down what everyone knows is the biggest cancer in football... if our FA is dirty then that will come out as well... you can't cast such a vast net, and then get fussy about which villain gets caught... especially when you've opened the whole fuckin thing up in public...
This x 100 Sid, you keep saying about the need for somebody to do something, then they do, then you look at their motives, you cant take a win
No I agree, arrest em, strip em of their power and wealth, bring down the house of cards

But I'm highly sceptical of the yanks and the British motives as a general rule because they're not to be trusted, and especially because both have been complicit in corruption in FIFA for decades

This is a bit America fuck yeah coming again to save the motherfucking day yeah
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5515
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:All bets are off, this is the end of FIFA as we know it. Russia I guess has to happen in some form, because it's so soon, but I doubt Qatar ever will. They can go ahead with their election on Friday, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled, but it's meaningless anyway. The organization is finished. At the very least, there'll have to be a significant change in personnel, rules, governance, and almost certainly the name. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big European FAs move to start over.

For all the money FIFA produces, practically all of it comes from advertising and sponsorships. But now that "FIFA" is only a marginally less despised term than"ISIS", what sponsor is going to pay to be associated with it? They're going to have to completely disassociate from the whole thing.

And then waiting in the wings are the big clubs, smelling blood. If the opportunity arises, they'll provide the killing blow. They'd love to create a new nationality-based tournament that they control and protects their interests.
2018 isn't that soon. Enough time for the countries who already have the infrastructure and stadiums.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5515
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

Sid's right. If they were hosting world cup this wouldn't be happening. Take what we can get though
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1643
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:They won't because it's the British and the yanks behind this. It's both governments who lost out on World Cup bids, using GCHQ and NSA, FBI and the MET

It's bigger than football, it's money and international politics

If these officials are replaced by new ones that are approved by the British and yanks then it's a coup d'tat. The yanks and British want to increase their influnece and power over FIFA and thus world football, and they're doing it under the guise of "cleaning it up". They've spent the last couple of years establishing the narrative that we lost the world cup because we played by the rules because we're great and everybody else is corrupt, when the reality will be that we didn't buy em off enough compared to our rivals. So right there you have the motivation and justification for action

But then tbf it might just be to put the frightners on Blatter as he stands for relection

We'll see
FFS!

You think this is all about the English FA and the Americans trying to bring down FIFA, so they can rig it in their favour... One of the first cunts arrested was the American rep to FIFA... sometimes Sid, it seems like you're so blinded by your own rage against anything English, that you can't see the forest for the trees... how about just enjoying the fact that someone, anyone has finally found some evidence, and more importantly the balls, to finally bring down what everyone knows is the biggest cancer in football... if our FA is dirty then that will come out as well... you can't cast such a vast net, and then get fussy about which villain gets caught... especially when you've opened the whole fuckin thing up in public...
This x 100 Sid, you keep saying about the need for somebody to do something, then they do, then you look at their motives, you cant take a win
No I agree, arrest em, strip em of their power and wealth, bring down the house of cards

But I'm highly sceptical of the yanks and the British motives as a general rule because they're not to be trusted, and especially because both have been complicit in corruption in FIFA for decades

This is a bit America fuck yeah coming again to save the motherfucking day yeah
Sidney, tbf, you're the only one who has been consistent with his views on these pages for years. Fair fucks because the rest of the flip-flop fannies are giving it the massive now that Uncle Sam has apparently saved the day and the FBI and all, yet these pages are strewn with anti-American, anti-police, anti-authority rhetoric.

As soon as anything that Uncle Sam does suits their agenda, they start wanking the US of A off. We will get back to Iraq and the doctrine of pre-emptive strikes soon enough.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

I bet Blatter gets re-elected this week and the Russia and Qatar WC go ahead as planned. Nothing will change just replace corrupt people with other corrupt people. This is the way the world works sad but true
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24269
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Sid's right. If they were hosting world cup this wouldn't be happening. Take what we can get though
Notice how the corruption charges the Americans are putting forward only go back 20 years?

That's because the yanks hosted it the World Cup in 94, and it would mean investigating and revealing the inevitable corruption involved in their bid

So their limit ia 20 years, nothing earlier, otherwise it gets awkward for them and they lose the narrative that we play by the rules and nobody else does
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

5 years ago

Aye, morality aside, at least it was awesome, you could actually imagine it to be entirely feasible for the USA to warrant a World Cup, who the fuck wants to see this Qatar shite, maybe the 12% of the population that are actually Qataris, there'll be ex pats able to afford a ticket and the rest of the non locals will get to see fuck all of it, even though they are dying building the fuckin thing. And it'll put off a shit load of fans from other countries. The Kremlin will crack down on crime for its one month and it'll probably be not that shit and no major dramas, they can both get fucked tbf, but again, it is feasible that Russia is a plausible host but Qatar was never, ever going to be.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Post Reply