england

Non-United football chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

just1n wrote:Lampard was better than Gerrard last season tbf
No he wasn't, he just scored more goals... Lampard is always good for goals, but Gerrard was excellent last year... again.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
No he wasn't, he just scored more goals... Lampard is always good for goals, but Gerrard was excellent last year... again.

Based on what? Unless you watched every game on Liverpoolfctv ?

From my general point of view he had a very average season. IMO.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Based on what? Unless you watched every game on Liverpoolfctv ?

From my general point of view he had a very average season. IMO.
Really?

He scored 10, made 12, played nearly every game, from a more deep lying position... Carricks position...

He's not the same Gerrard of 5 years ago... he doesn't have the legs for it... but I'd swap him for Carrick in a heartbeat.

By the way, I didn't watch every Chump$ki game either, but I know that Lampard only played about half of them.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 years ago

Tbf I'd go with you on that. Apart from our lads I only notice the stand out players through match of the day, newspapers or football shows etc etc.

Gerrad may have done OK but he's definitely not the player he was!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Pikey McScum
Legend

7 years ago

What the fuck do you care, surely you should be more concerned about Earnshaw, Bale and whoever?

Fucking turncoat cunt - probably cheered Andy Murray when he won Wimbledon cos he's "British"
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

gerrards been superb for the last 18 months or so, was brilliant at the euros

hes miles better than every midfielder weve got and any we sign
lkhm

hoofing
just1n
Legend

7 years ago

Haha Knobby. Your England bias is laughable. If you take out Carrick and replace him with Gerrard you will get more goals from him but less defensive solidity and far less possession. He is not disciplined enough to play as a DM. Gerrard has no clue of how to keep possession. Nothing but hollywood balls that find the opposition fullback. Fuck that for a laugh.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

ffs how can you argue that gerrard isnt better than carrick

forgot all the defensive solidity and discipline and all the other shite, gerrard is simply much better at playing football
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

7 years ago

He had plenty of x factor as an attacking midfielder, but he doesn't have the fundamentals a "modern" central midfielder needs in terms of positioning, passing etc. Carrick pisses on him from a great height in the withdrawn role that Gerrard now plays in, anybody who's not English can see that, there's not even a debate over it.
Pikey McScum
Legend

7 years ago

Oh but it's "Stevie G" - the biggest cunt playing for the Scum since Carragher left (and I include Suarez in that list of cunts too)

ffs
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015