Arsene Wenger Leaving Arsenal

Non-United football chat
Robbo
Legend

1 year ago

After twenty two years no real surprise but who will they get to take over.

An end to an Era with both Wenger and Alex Ferguson gone or going I dont think that we will see their like again where a manager spend somany years at one club.
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

At last. It's because the Emirates was 10-15000 people down a game. The owners had to act because they were losing money.

I worry about them in the future. Whoever takes over could make em a real force. They've got some quality in that squad and a huge ground which helps pay the bills. Also the hype and allure of the club has never faded despite their consistent failure. It's hard to think but title wise they're the third most successful club in the country.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Good luck Arsene! He provided many a match for us in our prime, we had quite a few games where we were not sure how the result would go, many good battles. That and his ridiculously long coats!!!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

At first I assumed he was retiring but he isn't.
Perhaps he wants to go to a club with a big transfer budget for a few years before he retires?
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

I wonder if they'll hire a mate of Wenger's and a succession of boring coaches with long term strategy left to a banker.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

It would be fantastic if they hired van Gaal
senna
Legend

1 year ago

Ten years too late.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Ty from Arsenal Fan TV is "shocked" and "upset" :))

Troopz is over the moon
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

Wenger stayed on far too long. And he never learned any new tricks. He brought some new techniques and methods to England that gave him a lot of success early on, but once other clubs caught up, his competitiveness plummeted.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Just watching Arsenal fan TV. Fans like Claude are so spoilt. It's one thing to be happy about moving forward after years of stagnation, but at least be grateful for what Wenger has done for the club.

I hope United fans will act with a bit of class and show a bit of respect to Wenger when Arsenal come to town.