Page 4 of 9

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:38 pm
by FuB
To be fair, Snoops, we both posted making a clear exception to things he posted and I'd hoped it was clear I was giving an opportunity for him to rethink how he was saying things.

I don't, however, subscribe to the idea he might not be 'properly racist'. It isn't fucking rocket science in this day and age to know what's crossing the line. Maybe this place is its own downfall in that people come here thinking you can just say whatever you like without consequences... but, even then, to suggest that making monkey noises at a black player isn't racist is so far removed from reality that, if you actually think that, you're more than just a part of the problem.

Anyway... as I said, he's not yet banned. He can have a go at posting an apology. The fact that we all know he won't even try is enough reason to let him crawl off to join whichever morons actually want to hear his toxic shit.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 pm
by Snoopcousins
I used to get Pinter and Davel mixed up all the time - they’re posts were written very similar

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:44 pm
by FuB
Definitely not the same person but might as well be for all that they brought to this forum

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:21 am
by swampash
...ban the twat. He's been on my ignore list for ages so I wouldn't need to read his shit, but the the rest of you unfortunately quote him in your posts, so I've been unable to avoid this latest crap.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 am
by FuB
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
...ban the twat. He's been on my ignore list for ages so I wouldn't need to read his shit, but the the rest of you unfortunately quote him in your posts, so I've been unable to avoid this latest crap.
He seems to have effectively banned himself by fucking off.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:49 pm
by Lazarus
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47819994

Danny Rose is bang on but for me players black and white need to walk off the pitch until this shit is resolved. There was a good discussion on Sky just now about the whole issue. A change is gonna come.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:41 pm
by bman2
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47819994

Danny Rose is bang on but for me players black and white need to walk off the pitch until this shit is resolved. There was a good discussion on Sky just now about the whole issue. A change is gonna come.
Yeah, it's great that he's said that. You might be right, a shift might be coming.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 pm
by Sid
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47819994

Danny Rose is bang on but for me players black and white need to walk off the pitch until this shit is resolved. There was a good discussion on Sky just now about the whole issue. A change is gonna come.
I remember the issue of players walking off after racist abuse years ago, I think after something happened at Barca, and general consensus at the time said it was out of order, the game had to go on. But now it seems things have changed. Good, it will force the clubs, the FA and the broadcasters to take racism seriously if the product is affected.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:04 am
by sheesh
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47819994

Danny Rose is bang on but for me players black and white need to walk off the pitch until this shit is resolved. There was a good discussion on Sky just now about the whole issue. A change is gonna come.
I remember the issue of players walking off after racist abuse years ago, I think after something happened at Barca, and general consensus at the time said it was out of order, the game had to go on. But now it seems things have changed. Good, it will force the clubs, the FA and the broadcasters to take racism seriously if the product is affected.
I'd consider points deductions for clubs/countries as well.

Re: Racism in football

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:27 pm
by Lazarus