Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Munich v Dortmund is at half time now. 2-2, all scored by Lewandowski and Haaland. They’re both really amazing strikers, proper number 9 goal machines. Lewandowski’s goal scoring record seems a bit under appreciated.
Yes, what a good game that was.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham

Liverpool's fall from grace is stunning. It looks more than that squad coming to a natural end, Klopp's super effective football has weaknesses. It's so easy to get in behind em now. He might need a rethink.
bman2
Legend

Weird how shit they are. But it means we only have to stay ahead of Everton and West Ham to finish top four. If we can’t do that obviously we don’t don’t deserve top 4.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Liverpool 0-1 Fulham

Liverpool's fall from grace is stunning. It looks more than that squad coming to a natural end, Klopp's super effective football has weaknesses. It's so easy to get in behind em now. He might need a rethink.
Same thing happened in his final season at Dortmund. They finished 7th and that was after a late rally.

He's a brilliant manager, but his football is 100 miles an hour. Built on emotion and intensity, but not sustainable. The best managers can regenerate teams when its needed. Fergie was brilliant at it. Liverpool need a refresh. It probably needs something drastic, like selling Salah and freshening things up. They've also suffered more than most as a result of the ground closures to fans, because Anfield is the most emotional ground there is.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Liverpool 0-1 Fulham

Same thing happened in his final season at Dortmund. They finished 7th and that was after a late rally.

He's a brilliant manager, but his football is 100 miles an hour. Built on emotion and intensity, but not sustainable. The best managers can regenerate teams when its needed. Fergie was brilliant at it. Liverpool need a refresh. It probably needs something drastic, like selling Salah and freshening things up. They've also suffered more than most as a result of the ground closures to fans, because Anfield is the most emotional ground there is.
Great points. I'd never thought of it like that. So much of football is emotion, as ex pros tell us. And Klopp is an emotional fella too. So I suppose his teams burn bright then explode rather than gradually decline like most other greats.

Not sure where he goes from here. It's a bad time to finance a rebuild cos covid has hit everyone in the pocket. We're lucky in that we only need a couple of players to be challenging so we might fair better in the next 2-3 years.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Klopp to Germany looks like a possibility, as Low is stepping down after the euros
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

VAR Football encapsulated in the Dortmund game the other night, anyone see it?

Haaland scores. VAR disallows, but VAR then awards a penalty for a foul in the build up. Haaland misses. VAR orders a retake. Haaland scores.

Fuck me.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago VAR Football encapsulated in the Dortmund game the other night, anyone see it?

Haaland scores. VAR disallows, but VAR then awards a penalty for a foul in the build up. Haaland misses. VAR orders a retake. Haaland scores.

Fuck me.
This articulates the shitness of VAR well

swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Klopp to Germany looks like a possibility, as Low is stepping down after the euros
Lots of media speculation about Klopp but I think Stefan Kuntz will be the one to take over.
swampash
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago VAR Football encapsulated in the Dortmund game the other night, anyone see it?

Fuck me.
Yup, totally bonkers. Couldn’t see anything wrong with the original (brilliant) goal.
And the yellow card for Haaland was bollox too.