Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago Yeah, watched Leipzig-Liverpool too. Great game.
German managers are coming into their own. They play the game the right way.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Klopp is gonna walk, telling you. First home derby loss for Liverpool since 1999, and 4 home losses in a row for the first time since 1923 in the top flight. They're crashing hard.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Klopp is gonna walk, telling you. First home derby loss for Liverpool since 1999, and 4 home losses in a row for the first time since 1923 in the top flight. They're crashing hard.
Pitiful title defence. Though it’s a funny year, to be fair.

Sounds like the American owners didn’t want to spend. Rumours are that Klopp wanted Koulibaly. He wouldn’t have been great value given his age, but it might have been the kind of statement signing that you often need after winning the title. Helps you stay on top, helps maintain competition for spots and avoid complacency, even without the injuries they got. Ferguson was good and keeping the team hungry, and offloading players he thought were losing their edge, no matter their reputations.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Klopp is gonna walk, telling you. First home derby loss for Liverpool since 1999, and 4 home losses in a row for the first time since 1923 in the top flight. They're crashing hard.

Sounds like the American owners didn’t want to spend. Rumours are that Klopp wanted Koulibaly. He wouldn’t have been great value given his age, but it might have been the kind of statement signing that you often need after winning the title. Helps you stay on top, helps maintain competition for spots and avoid complacency, even without the injuries they got. Ferguson was good and keeping the team hungry, and offloading players he thought were losing their edge, no matter their reputations.
That's why I think he'll walk at some point, rather than watch the empire crumble. It must be frustrating to see it happen and not be given the tools to stop it. If they don't get top 4 I think he's off. But if they do he might give it another go next season when they'll have Van Dijk back.

It all depends what their wanker owners plan to do over the next few years. Prior to covid they ran Liverpool on an unnecessarily tight budget, getting the absolute most out of that 11 for 3/4 years. But now they have the massive covid losses to think about. So they might say to Klopp you'll have to make do for the next couple of years, in which case he'll deffo walk. I also think they'll cash in on Salah who'll be happy to join Barca.
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago

That's why I think he'll walk at some point, rather than watch the empire crumble. It must be frustrating to see it happen and not be given the tools to stop it. If they don't get top 4 I think he's off. But if they do he might give it another go next season when they'll have Van Dijk back.

It all depends what their wanker owners plan to do over the next few years. Prior to covid they ran Liverpool on an unnecessarily tight budget, getting the absolute most out of that 11 for 3/4 years. But now they have the massive covid losses to think about. So they might say to Klopp you'll have to make do for the next couple of years, in which case he'll deffo walk. I also think they'll cash in on Salah who'll be happy to join Barca.
I don't think Fenway and Werner are wankers, not in the sense the Glazers are. I don't think they've taken any money out of the club in 10 years, they've been proper astute in the transfer market and they were going to spend fuck loads on doing Anfield up. They aren't lifelong fans like Walker was at Blackburn and will always see Liverpool as an asset rather than a football club.

It goes back to what you were a few months back Sid, covid has fucked clubs financially and there might just not be any money for new players if the clubs want to retain the staff and maintain grounds for re-opening and the like.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago

I don't think Fenway and Werner are wankers, not in the sense the Glazers are. I don't think they've taken any money out of the club in 10 years, they've been proper astute in the transfer market and they were going to spend fuck loads on doing Anfield up. They aren't lifelong fans like Walker was at Blackburn and will always see Liverpool as an asset rather than a football club.

It goes back to what you were a few months back Sid, covid has fucked clubs financially and there might just not be any money for new players if the clubs want to retain the staff and maintain grounds for re-opening and the like.
Yeah tbf they haven't taken money out like the Glazers but they are still wankers. They run Liverpool on a similar profit first basis. I remember them saying they want to be a club that turns young talent into top players that they can sell on for a fee, which is what they've done with Sterling and Coutinho (who at the time was their most important player), and will eventually happen to Salah. Title & CL winners shouldn't be letting 3 top players go like that.

Liverpools stagnation is heavily down to their refusal to freshen up the squad. Yeah they spent big on a couple of players but the fact that the 11 is very similar to the 11 4 years ago is neglectful. If Liverpool had any other manager (except Pep) you'd see the neglect to the squad more clearly.
Jason
Star Man

Watching city, its mad that they got dias for 15 mill less than we paid for maguire.

The people in charge of negotiations have to answer questions on our transfer activity.

Consistently overpay for average players, when there are gems out there.
fat maradona
Legend

don't be silly jason, that'd require planning, preparation and hard work. We'd rather watch youtube highlights and wait till City express an interest
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Not surprised. Jose's last 9 games are far worse than Pochs last 9, and he was sacked. He's also signed 8 players and spent nearly 100m yet they're 9th and absolutely shit. Also his relationships inside the club are turning to shit too, so it's probably only a matter of time.

Anyway, would be shit if Nagelsmann turns out to be another great German coach. We'd miss out on another one.
bman2
Legend

Munich v Dortmund is at half time now. 2-2, all scored by Lewandowski and Haaland. They’re both really amazing strikers, proper number 9 goal machines. Lewandowski’s goal scoring record seems a bit under appreciated.