Non-United football chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

I am the greatest british footballer of the last 40 years
lkhm

hoofing
Dosdamt
First Teamer

And also a clueless doddery moronic man out of time mumblefuck who further trashed his reputation by effectively condoning racism because it was your best player, signing a giant pile of overrated shite and leaving your club in such a fucking shambles they had to bring in a cliche spouting David Brent-a-like, who on reflection hasn't really been much more effective than you both in terms of results and in terms and has supported the same loon bag in the same way only this time with biting and diving.

Pros and Cons I suppose.
Calvino
Youth Teamer

Pikey McScum wrote:Wonder what Cal makes of Downing now...? lol
I think Brendan Rodgers believes he is the Daddy when he is a kindergarten tool. He arrived with axe swinging because he was focuses on HOW he wanted to play first and only. No consideration for who he has at his disposal.

I think Downing is good enough in a proper system that allows wide men. He is left footed for goodness sake and delivers a mean ball, has a cracking shot on him and a sturdy engine too. Liverpool's loss. Still prefer him to Young any day.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Calvino wrote:
I think Brendan Rodgers believes he is the Daddy when he is a kindergarten tool. He arrived with axe swinging because he was focuses on HOW he wanted to play first and only. No consideration for who he has at his disposal.

I think Downing is good enough in a proper system that allows wide men. He is left footed for goodness sake and delivers a mean ball, has a cracking shot on him and a sturdy engine too. Liverpool's loss. Still prefer him to Young any day.
I think Downing is gash... but I can't disagree with this, at all.. "Still prefer him to Young any day"
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Anantax
First Teamer

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Calvino wrote:

I think Downing is gash... but I can't disagree with this, at all.. "Still prefer him to Young any day"
Was about to type almost exactly the same thing before I saw this post...
Dosdamt
First Teamer

Wait what

Downing didn't manage an assist / goal for like virtually an entire season at Liverpool

At least Young chips in with those
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

and therefore young is better than valencia
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:and therefore young is better than valencia

Tbf so am I.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:and therefore young is better than valencia
Up to me I'd ship them both out, but forced to choose, I'd take Valencia.

At least Valencia is a tool with a use... he's right winger... a shit one, but a right winger... I don't even know what use Young is... he's just a tool...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Dosdamt
First Teamer

Tim Vickery @ the BBC (and actually a reasonable writer) commented on Valencia being a Central Midfielder. Not saying it may be a good idea for United, but it'd stop him being shunted into RB, and by all accounts he wasn't half bad at CM for Ecuador as well. Cal's banged that drum for a long time.