Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
dozer
Legend

How did Liverpool manage to sell Sterling for 49m.
Fortunately, they're more likely to blow it on the Markovics, Aquilanis and Carrolls.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Squandering the Sterling money, after pissing away the Suarez money, should be the end for Rodgers

I can't see the yanks wanting to give him more money, or trusting him to build another title challenging team if he pisses away this lump sum
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Sid wrote:Squandering the Sterling money, after pissing away the Suarez money, should be the end for Rodgers

I can't see the yanks wanting to give him more money, or trusting him to build another title challenging team if he pisses away this lump sum
I don't think it matters now... he'll need a minor miracle to get 4th place next year...

No way they WANTED to sell Sterling... and even though he's over-rated, they won't easily replace him... it's getting harder and harder to buy the necessary Champs league level talent, if you can't offer Champs league football...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Davey-boy
Star Man

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Squandering the Sterling money, after pissing away the Suarez money, should be the end for Rodgers

I don't think it matters now... he'll need a minor miracle to get 4th place next year...

No way they WANTED to sell Sterling... and even though he's over-rated, they won't easily replace him... it's getting harder and harder to buy the necessary Champs league level talent, if you can't offer Champs league football...
The top 4 is pretty much set I reckon...it's just the order.
lars072
Star Man

Davey-boy wrote:Sterling deal agreed...£49m say sky.
City will regret this deal.
lars072
Star Man

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Good... that's £50mill that won't get spent on better...
Like De Bruyne or Pogba ... they might still get one of them though.
Pogba will never go to City but maybe De Bruyne.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

lars072 wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Good... that's £50mill that won't get spent on better...
Like De Bruyne or Pogba ... they might still get one of them though.
Pogba will never go to City but maybe De Bruyne.
Don't be so sure... City can pay him whatever he wants and Pogba doesn't give a shit about any loyalty to United... and why should he?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
marlon
Legend

Can't see him picking City over Barcelona/Madrid
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Apparently QPR get nearly 10m of the Sterling fee.....?
bman2
Legend

It looks like daft money for Sterling, but City are so short of home-grown players that one who's good enough to actually play some football for them (as opposed to existing mostly on a spreadsheet) is a valuable commodity. Also, from the perspective of their "brand" and actually selling things, they might see some additional value in getting a relatively high-profile English player for their nominally English club (the same logic makes a player like Kane or Bale more valuable to United too).