Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Post-striker Manchester City may be Guardiola’s latest masterpiece

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... asterpiece

Pep could be the first manager to win the Prem without having a CF fit for most of it. His tactical nous has made City even more of a threat despite no CF. Compare that to Jose who has no plan when Kane is injured other than to stick Vinicius up there as a poor tribute act.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Anybody watching City v Spurs? In a way it's Pep at his best. City have no CF but they're still managing to have 5 players in every attack, sometimes 2/3 CFs. We should give it a go
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Rumours today that Klopp is ready to quit. He's said they're rubbish, but if Liverpool carry on being shit it's gonna happen.

He doesn't seem up for a rebuild. He didn't even see this this decline coming despite the same team playing relentlessly for more than 4 years. He just looks angry.

Would anyone here want him?
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Rumours today that Klopp is ready to quit. He's said they're rubbish, but if Liverpool carry on being shit it's gonna happen.

He doesn't seem up for a rebuild. He didn't even see this this decline coming despite the same team playing relentlessly for more than 4 years. He just looks angry.

I'd have said yes but he'll always be a scouser in my eyes, and with all the piss he's taken out of us, and so I wouldn't want him at United. I'm writing to Santa for us to appoint Nagelsmann and for the Glazers to fuck off.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Rumours today that Klopp is ready to quit. He's said they're rubbish, but if Liverpool carry on being shit it's gonna happen.

Dead right I'd have him here, but he'd never come.

I think his frustration is around the extent to which he's being backed. By all accounts he wanted a big budget to get Koulibaly in January and wasn't given it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago

Dead right I'd have him here, but he'd never come.

I think his frustration is around the extent to which he's being backed. By all accounts he wanted a big budget to get Koulibaly in January and wasn't given it.
True. Their American owners run Liverpool the same way the Glazers do United, which makes Klopp's achievements even more special. They come from the same school of yank capitalism, so I'm not sure he'd want to work for us, not when he sees how incompetent we are behind the scenes too.

I don't think he'll turn it around, not under those constraints, so he'll leave, have a break, then be up for grabs.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Probably end up at Chelsea when they bin Tuchel off.
fat maradona
Legend

Barca got whooped up last night, did anyone watch it? Koeman won't last long in the job the way his team are set up. Still over reliant on that spent force Messi. And I'm so glad we didn't spunk good money on Griezman and/or Dembele.

Don't laugh at me for saying this but Greenwood is as good a finisher as Mbappe, he needs to be played in his proper position (down the middle) to get the best out of him. He's wasted on that right wing.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago Barca got whooped up last night, did anyone watch it? Koeman won't last long in the job the way his team are set up. Still over reliant on that spent force Messi. And I'm so glad we didn't spunk good money on Griezman and/or Dembele.

Don't laugh at me for saying this but Greenwood is as good a finisher as Mbappe, he needs to be played in his proper position (down the middle) to get the best out of him. He's wasted on that right wing.
I was watching Leipzig v Liverpool which was class. Two attacking teams going at it. But I noticed PSG battered Barca. Poch has got em popping. As for Koeman I don't think his job is to win anything at Barca. He's there to bring in radical reform and build a platform for the next manager. Doesn't look like it's going well though, not if they're still reliant on Messi like you say.
swampash
Legend

Yeah, watched Leipzig-Liverpool too. Great game.