Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:It's more about what Chelsea have going forward. Chelsea's attack, bar one first rate striker, is easily the best in the league, no doubts.

Citeh have improved but I am not sure they're favorites.
You can't win the league with a shit defence though, it's a fundamental.

But they've spent more than us so they're favourites.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Chelsea conceded less goals than us last season. City have had the best defence in the league for years, or at least since Vidic has been injured. Fergie gone too.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Losing 3-0, but Krul has been motm.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

6 years ago

Man City are looking very good! For me, they're the favourites this season.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

City players enjoying playing in a more attacking set up

Newcastle are bollocks though, and Taylor is a fucking idiot

It will be interesting to see what they do against a good team, whether they stick with just Silva and Toure in the middle
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

toure and fernandinho, two fucking massive great lumps
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Their weakness might be on the left. Tonight they looked set up in the same formation we've had for a few seasons, with the "left wing" actually being tucked in the middle and the left back providing all the width on that side. Clichy is a bit shite compared to Evra (or for that matter Baines). Of course they've got so many players to change things up. Thing is though, do they have any 9/10 or 10/10 players? I can seem them strolling to the league because they can field two competitive teams at a time, but where's the stardust for the CL? I've only seen Silva and Aguero spark intermittently, I wouldn't trade either for RVP or Rooney.
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

Sid wrote:
Dosdamt wrote:It's more about what Chelsea have going forward. Chelsea's attack, bar one first rate striker, is easily the best in the league, no doubts.

You're right, but you can win by having a just good enough to beat 15 of the 19 teams and let your attack worry about the big teams

Or have some of the smaller teams brick it when they show up to play you because OMG Mourinho! We're doomed!

Winning the league isn't about beating United home and away, it's about beating the other 14 to 17 teams home and away (depending on how you view Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool as make up the numbers dross or in with a shot at top 4)
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:
Sid wrote:

You're right, but you can win by having a just good enough to beat 15 of the 19 teams and let your attack worry about the big teams

Or have some of the smaller teams brick it when they show up to play you because OMG Mourinho! We're doomed!

Winning the league isn't about beating United home and away, it's about beating the other 14 to 17 teams home and away (depending on how you view Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool as make up the numbers dross or in with a shot at top 4)
The Mourinho factor, yeah.

I think they'll struggle against some teams outside the top 4 though. Villa would tear Cahil and Terry a new one if they engineered the right situations, and Villa were aving it. I think Mourinho is right to play more cautious shite football.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:toure and fernandinho, two fucking massive great lumps
Fernandinho is 5"9