Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

Pep Guardiola last won a big European away in 2011. Is he overthinking? https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... erthinking
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 week ago

Fucking hell what a goal that is by Salah.

Liverpool’s run in is piss. They win this, they win the league.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 week ago

I watched the City game earlier too. The difference between how City and Liverpool hunt the opposition down when they lose possession, and how we approach it, is light years apart.
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

That Salah goal was for all the islamophobes
sheesh
Legend

1 week ago

I wonder what Ole's long-term goal is going to be (in terms of how he wants us to play), when he's got more of his own players in, and shipped out the shite.

We can't go back to old-fashioned 90s style British football, crossing the ball and hoping to nick a goal. Ashley Young endlessly trying (and failing) to deliver a ball into the box.

We need to be playing aggressively and on the front foot, like our rivals are. When Klopp first came in at Liverpool, you could see what he was trying to achieve.
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

sheesh wrote:
1 week ago
I wonder what Ole's long-term goal is going to be (in terms of how he wants us to play), when he's got more of his own players in, and shipped out the shite.

We can't go back to old-fashioned 90s style British football, crossing the ball and hoping to nick a goal. Ashley Young endlessly trying (and failing) to deliver a ball into the box.

We need to be playing aggressively and on the front foot, like our rivals are. When Klopp first came in at Liverpool, you could see what he was trying to achieve.
It is a bit like that at the minute, aye. But I fear that by the time the Glazers wake up to this 'new' kind of aggressive attacking football (that's not new anymore, they even do it in the Championship) it will be old hat, like Jose and his park the bus long ball Allardyce shite.

This style of football beats most teams comfortably, and that's what you need these days because Liverpool and City are looking at getting 95/100 points with 80/90+ goals scored. Maybe even 100+ goals. That's a fucking high standard. I think we once won the league with 77 points didn't we? Those days are long gone.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 week ago

sheesh wrote:
1 week ago

Its not just our style with the ball that's out-dated. Look at the intensity of how City and Liverpool press the ball. Its incessant, all action, 90 mins. They don't give their opponents a second - and its not just the big games where everyone's 'up for it' - they do it every game they play. I don't think we have the players to adopt that mentality.
Sid
Legend

6 days ago

Pep Guardiola questions how much City fans care about Champions League

Guardiola said: “I want to see that they want to get to the semi-finals, not just the players, the fans too. I want to see that. If tomorrow night they don’t help us [then] – do it for the guys, they are so proud. We need them in our bad moments, at this stage we cannot go through. I’m really curious how our fans will be.”

This is why he'll leave IMO. He's struggling in the CL, he has to crack it again, but City fans aren't arsed, so he'll go somewhere where they are.
Lazarus
Legend

6 days ago

Sid wrote:
6 days ago
Pep Guardiola questions how much City fans care about Champions League

Guardiola said: “I want to see that they want to get to the semi-finals, not just the players, the fans too. I want to see that. If tomorrow night they don’t help us [then] – do it for the guys, they are so proud. We need them in our bad moments, at this stage we cannot go through. I’m really curious how our fans will be.”

This is why he'll leave IMO. He's struggling in the CL, he has to crack it again, but City fans aren't arsed, so he'll go somewhere where they are.
Wishful thinking Sid..... I think he looks content and happy and that gives him the confidence to bait the fans.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

5 days ago

Son is the player of the season for me

Ctiy need to score 3 now?