What are you listening to?

The original Den of Iniquity
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

But here's an interesting question, Laz, what would you write a song about?

You play don't you? Do you write as well?
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Sid wrote:Your class is determined by your relationship to power, but income for me as well. So you'd need to tell us more about yourself
Just out of interest Sid, on that basis, what class would you place Marx and Engels in?
The bourgeoise tbf
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

stiff little fingers , the whole of Inflammable Material album, classic.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

One of my favourites that, class
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

love to listen to SLF on night shift to, on mp3 while driving my fork lift, gets me motivated, and keeps me awake
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

I bet, fucking love Suspect Device. And Wasted Life is class as well
madredmonkey
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:I bet, fucking love Suspect Device. And Wasted Life is class as well
agree, Gotta Getaway love that.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:
swampash wrote:
Sid wrote:Your class is determined by your relationship to power, but income for me as well. So you'd need to tell us more about yourself
Just out of interest Sid, on that basis, what class would you place Marx and Engels in?
The bourgeoise tbf
So being middle class or from a wealthy industrial family doesn't preclude you from writing for the benefit of the working class?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

"Writing to benefit the working class" makes me shudder tbh. I get images of comfortable cunts thinking oh I was poor once, or I used to shop at Asda, I can help... and then getting it horribly wrong. Guardian columnists, academics, lecturers. Add to that modern John Godber plays about t'honest but thick folk of the t'north.

A lot of what Marx wrote, like Capital, is fucking long and incomprehensible to people that don't have a fucking masters degree in economics. So it was those that took the ideas, made em understandable, and spread em that made some of his writings beneficial to the working class.

There's an ideological difference here n all that seperates anarchists from some communists. Like for me the working class don't need leading or leaders whether its academics, politicians, spokespeople etc.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Guess that makes you the perfect United fan then Sid...no leaders, no leading?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...