What are you listening to?

The original Den of Iniquity
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

He lived in a council house and went to a comprehensive school, I think your safe.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah but now he's made his money so he can't sing about being trash with any seriousness

He lives in notting hill so he should sing about things that affect middle class people, like how he has to pay a higher band of council tax but they still only collect the bins one a fortnight
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

My trraasshhhh needs collecting once a week
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

So i lived on a council estate for the first 18 years of my life and went to a rough school. Now i live in a nice house on a mountain with a view over a marina and beach. Have i lost the right to identify with working class people now or should i have stayed if i'd wanted to have those roots?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Your class is determined by your relationship to power, but income for me as well. So you'd need to tell us more about yourself

I just have zero time for rich musicians earning a living off being something they're not. The arts are dominated by wealthy people, from music, cinema, theatre - they do the lot. With a lot of music now, it's run like politics, it's what music/art school you went to, not what you've got to say or how good you are

Allen, Bastille, Mumsy, the 1% take up more than half of the music industry. And the rest is Brit Schoolers.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Your class is determined by your relationship to power, but income for me as well. So you'd need to tell us more about yourself

I just have zero time for rich musicians earning a living off being something they're not. The arts are dominated by wealthy people, from music, cinema, theatre - they do the lot. With a lot of music now, it's run like politics, it's what music/art school you went to, not what you've got to say or how good you are

Allen, Bastille, Mumsy, the 1% take up more than half of the music industry. And the rest is Brit Schoolers.
Cheer up you dour aul bastard! Could be worse :-)
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Your class is determined by your relationship to power, but income for me as well. So you'd need to tell us more about yourself
Just out of interest Sid, on that basis, what class would you place Marx and Engels in?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:
Just out of interest Sid, on that basis, what class would you place Marx and Engels in?
Do you think Sid's talking shite? Because i was writing up a report so Sid could decide what class i was, so i'd know.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

I still doff my cap to those in power so that must make me Working class.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
swampash wrote:
Do you think Sid's talking shite? Because i was writing up a report so Sid could decide what class i was, so i'd know.
You can save yourself the bother because I don't give a fuck

I'm on about privilege in the music industry that exist in almost every other faction of socirty. Not arsed about you