What are you listening to?

The original Den of Iniquity
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
swampash wrote:Just for a bit of fun, who is your favourite guitarist?
Myself....... :D
What do you play Laz?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
What do you play Laz?
The skin fiddle... heavy on the rosin...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
What do you play Laz?
Actual make or style? Make, Martin D-28 and Telecaster. Style, i like country, rock, folk, blues so i can throw a shape at most stuff. I had a crack over the last few years trying Jazz but i've given up trying now...... I also play Mandolin and a few other bits and pieces. And the skin fiddle........ tbf.

There are far to many great guitarists to name a favourite but Jerry Reed, Bert Jansch, Eric Burton, Link Wray, Steve Cropper, Richard Thompson. I like rhythm players.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
What do you play Laz?
Actual make or style? Make, Martin D-28 and Telecaster. Style, i like country, rock, folk, blues so i can throw a shape at most stuff. I had a crack over the last few years trying Jazz but i've given up trying now...... I also play Mandolin and a few other bits and pieces. And the skin fiddle........ tbf.

There are far to many great guitarists to name a favourite but Jerry Reed, Bert Jansch, Eric Burton, Link Wray, Steve Cropper, Richard Thompson. I like rhythm players.

He's not a proper Provo, can't play the spoons
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
What do you play Laz?

He's not a proper Provo, can't play the spoons
:)) I've no idea if that's even a thing. Is it? I got to whack the fuck out of a Lambeg once at a Pipe Band Championship, i loved that, always have from i was a kid, the way it vibrates your chest is class.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
What do you play Laz?

You need to check these out Laz
http://www.andersonguitars.com
B-)
With you re. Jansch, btw. As a kid I always wanted to be able to play acoustic like he did.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Myself....... :D[/quote]
What do you play Laz?[/quote]

There are far to many great guitarists to name a favourite but Jerry Reed, Bert Jansch, Eric Burton, Link Wray, Steve Cropper, Richard Thompson. I like rhythm players.[/quote]

He's not a proper Provo, can't play the spoons[/quote]

:)) I've no idea if that's even a thing. Is it? I got to whack the fuck out of a Lambeg once at a Pipe Band Championship, i loved that, always have from i was a kid, the way it vibrates your chest is class.[/quote]

Playing the spoons is proper Catholic, playing the Lambeg drums???

Tell the truth, did you get put out of Derry for being a double agent, what was your special branch name and I'll pm you my middle name
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Myself....... :D
What do you play Laz?[/quote]

There are far to many great guitarists to name a favourite but Jerry Reed, Bert Jansch, Eric Burton, Link Wray, Steve Cropper, Richard Thompson. I like rhythm players.[/quote]

He's not a proper Provo, can't play the spoons[/quote]

:)) I've no idea if that's even a thing. Is it? I got to whack the fuck out of a Lambeg once at a Pipe Band Championship, i loved that, always have from i was a kid, the way it vibrates your chest is class.[/quote]

Playing the spoons is proper Catholic, playing the Lambeg drums???

Tell the truth, did you get put out of Derry for being a double agent, what was your special branch name and I'll pm you my middle name[/quote]

Being completely honest, i had no idea the spoons was a Catholic thing!!! I've only ever seen someone playing then properly once in McGrory's in Culdaff and i've been to many a trad session. The Lambeg playing i did was a great day i got to play a fife while the drummers played along as well and everyone was sound as.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
swampash wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
What do you play Laz?

You need to check these out Laz
http://www.andersonguitars.com
B-)
With you re. Jansch, btw. As a kid I always wanted to be able to play acoustic like he did.
That honey coloured T-Classic is stunning the grain pattern is class. My problem is i'm kind of attached to the guitars i have and they cost a fair bit so new guitars are not on my to do list. My next adventure, maybe, is to try and build my own either from scratch or using parts.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

I love plastic prod Laz, uth NQAT ftw tbf!