Holidays

The original Den of Iniquity
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4361
Joined: 5 years ago

1 month ago

Currently walking the Camino Santiago.
Really disconnected from the rest of the world but fortunately able occasionally to check in here.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Star Man
Posts: 952
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Currently walking the Camino Santiago.
Really disconnected from the rest of the world but fortunately able occasionally to check in here.
That's class - it's on my bucket list!

How much of it are you doing Swampy? Had a friend do the full thing (starting at St Jean Pied de Port) a few years ago, and it really changed his life.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4361
Joined: 5 years ago

1 month ago

Started also at St Jean Pied de Port. Plan is to see how far we can get in 4 to 5 weeks and then return in the Spring to complete it.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer
Posts: 311
Joined: 6 months ago
Location: Prescott

1 month ago

Heading out on an Elk hunt (or well armed camping trip) this morning we will be in the field for a little over a week. We will be just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at about 7,500 ft, a very diverse area ranging from scrub oak and chaparral to big Ponderosa Pines.

A little extreme just to miss the Liverpool game I realise, biut ...
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15863
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

The Great Outdoors. Enjoy yourselves both of you and drink it in.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23398
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Started also at St Jean Pied de Port. Plan is to see how far we can get in 4 to 5 weeks and then return in the Spring to complete it.
I had to google this - you aren't walking all that way, are you? Fuck that, knackering
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Star Man
Posts: 952
Joined: 6 years ago

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Started also at St Jean Pied de Port. Plan is to see how far we can get in 4 to 5 weeks and then return in the Spring to complete it.
I had to google this - you aren't walking all that way, are you? Fuck that, knackering
There's a film called "The Way" starring Martin Sheen (directed by his son, Emilio Estevez) - watch it.

It made me want to do it, only reality has gotten in the way lol
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4361
Joined: 5 years ago

4 weeks ago

It is fucking awesome. Had to hole up for three days after we both succumbed to a bad chest cold after getting caught out by a change in the weather.
Back on the walk again. Tonight in the last town in Navarra. Have totally fallen in love with Navarra wine. Unpretentious, full bodied, glorious young red wines. Where else in the world can you buy a glass of booze for just one Euro that tastes this good?
Might need to reset my palate tomorrow though when we pass into Rioja territory. I do like a good Rioja!
Distant greetings to all!
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4361
Joined: 5 years ago

4 weeks ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago
Heading out on an Elk hunt (or well armed camping trip) this morning we will be in the field for a little over a week. We will be just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at about 7,500 ft, a very diverse area ranging from scrub oak and chaparral to big Ponderosa Pines.

A little extreme just to miss the Liverpool game I realise, biut ...
Enjoy!
Could have got you to grab me some elk hair - really useful for fly tying. But bought a stash a few weeks ago.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4361
Joined: 5 years ago

4 weeks ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Started also at St Jean Pied de Port. Plan is to see how far we can get in 4 to 5 weeks and then return in the Spring to complete it.
I had to google this - you aren't walking all that way, are you? Fuck that, knackering
There's a film called "The Way" starring Martin Sheen (directed by his son, Emilio Estevez) - watch it.

It made me want to do it, only reality has gotten in the way lol
Will update more on return - but keep it on your list Pikey!
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Post Reply