Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah definitely. If we actually countered teams and ran into the space the opposition left behind when they attacked then many would tolerate the slow possession. That alone would provide some pace, drama, excitement.

And if you score on the counter or even go close, the opposition will shit it, sit off and not commit as many men forward out of fear of being caught, which allows you to control the game more

It's like boxing, if you dodge a big right hand and counter with your own, then the cunt won't be as inclined to try it again if he thinks he's going to get hit
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Guardiola has made a name for himself, and he deserves it... won every pot there is... but let's not forget the players he's had to work with, the clubs he managed and the budgets he had to spend... I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but my point is this... football styles evolve, and the best/winning way to play right now, is the target/challenge of all the clever young managers coming up... not to manage like them, but to find a way to beat them... and more often than not those new, progressive managers rise up from much tougher,(fewer resources) jobs than Barcelona, and Bayern...

Look at Mourinho, Guardiola... they're the young cunts who figured out how to beat the likes of Ferguson... Ferguson was the "Daddy", until Mourinho pulled his pants down with Porto... and he did regularly after that with Chelsea as well... so did Guardiola... and they'll be tomorrows dinosaurs when some young buck shows them a new way to play... Van Gall isn't new... he's more or less Fergusons contemporary... his ideas aren't as revolutionary as too many people are trying to make out... he was a good choice to take over after Mopes because the club was in post mutiny ... it needed a hard arsed disciplinarian to slap everyone back into place... good for him... but he's not the man to take us forward...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
danniitronix
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Guardiola has made a name for himself, and he deserves it... won every pot there is... but let's not forget the players he's had to work with, the clubs he managed and the budgets he had to spend... I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but my point is this... football styles evolve, and the best/winning way to play right now, is the target/challenge of all the clever young managers coming up... not to manage like them, but to find a way to beat them... and more often than not those new, progressive managers rise up from much tougher,(fewer resources) jobs than Barcelona, and Bayern...

Look at Mourinho, Guardiola... they're the young cunts who figured out how to beat the likes of Ferguson... Ferguson was the "Daddy", until Mourinho pulled his pants down with Porto... and he did regularly after that with Chelsea as well... so did Guardiola... and they'll be tomorrows dinosaurs when some young buck shows them a new way to play... Van Gall isn't new... he's more or less Fergusons contemporary... his ideas aren't as revolutionary as too many people are trying to make out... he was a good choice to take over after Mopes because the club was in post mutiny ... it needed a hard arsed disciplinarian to slap everyone back into place... good for him... but he's not the man to take us forward...
Bang on the money, but old news.

1. we gave him a three year deal - 1.5 years to go
2. he has said this is his last job
3. he has said Giggs wld be a great replacement after he chips

It's the perfect strategy to line up someone who will build his own dynasty.

The flaw is that having LVG for three years means that you risk missing out on the chosen one - be that Klopp or whoever the fuck. However, the market for world class managers is the hardest out there. There are only 5-8 you would want and 5-8 elite clubs chasing them or paying them $$$ to keep them.

No one is saying his ideas are revolutionary now you silly bonk. They were when we took a bunch of 18 year olds to bash Milan twice and Bayern to win the big pot in 1995. That was more than 20 years ago - and it is a massive achievement as Cloughy winning it with Forest.

Just like Forest and Ajax 1995, shit like that will never happen again.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

danniitronix wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Guardiola has made a name for himself, and he deserves it... won every pot there is... but let's not forget the players he's had to work with, the clubs he managed and the budgets he had to spend... I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but my point is this... football styles evolve, and the best/winning way to play right now, is the target/challenge of all the clever young managers coming up... not to manage like them, but to find a way to beat them... and more often than not those new, progressive managers rise up from much tougher,(fewer resources) jobs than Barcelona, and Bayern...

Bang on the money, but old news.

1. we gave him a three year deal - 1.5 years to go
2. he has said this is his last job
3. he has said Giggs wld be a great replacement after he chips

It's the perfect strategy to line up someone who will build his own dynasty.

The flaw is that having LVG for three years means that you risk missing out on the chosen one - be that Klopp or whoever the fuck. However, the market for world class managers is the hardest out there. There are only 5-8 you would want and 5-8 elite clubs chasing them or paying them $$$ to keep them.

No one is saying his ideas are revolutionary now you silly bonk. They were when we took a bunch of 18 year olds to bash Milan twice and Bayern to win the big pot in 1995. That was more than 20 years ago - and it is a massive achievement as Cloughy winning it with Forest.

Just like Forest and Ajax 1995, shit like that will never happen again.

Bollocks, Porto won it and they had Benni McCarthy upfront for fuck sake, though we were robbed and should have been in the final tbf.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
danniitronix
Legend

5 years ago

Overdosed on the vitamins or the Nutribullet?

You really are the epitome of a Top Red. It is always us being robbed with you idealists. How about Mourinho together with Carvalho, Deco, Maniche, Ferreira, Costatina, kicked our arses over two legs. FYI, it was Benny McCarthy who "robbed you" with two goals against us. Ffs indeed.

Don't let me use my force lightening on you.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Fuck sake... you see?

You just can't resist being a fuckin arsehole, can you?

You can't just make your point, argue your opinion, without the unnecessary, gobdshite bullshit...

Fuckin hell... what is wrong with you?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

How about Scholes being wrongly ruled offside,

How about the original point anyway and you missing it, about a smaller club not being able to win it in the modern era
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

hot off the twitter feed.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 6.43.10 PM.png
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

fucking fantastic
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

He still hasn't learned any Spanish or Catalonian apparently, that's one of the reasons