Managerial candidates (not Jose) and why

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah I could see another club doctor, eye gouging, some other incident, saying I don't talk about refs and being a sarky cunt all the time or if the team hasn't got all the players he wanted, he'll say things like you need to speak to the board. He's a risk.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Anybody speak Italian, that video is all over every media outlet going now
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
redzebs wrote:Yeah I could see another club doctor, eye gouging, some other incident, saying I don't talk about refs and being a sarky cunt all the time or if the team hasn't got all the players he wanted, he'll say things like you need to speak to the board. He's a risk.
Well one thing is for certain Zee. He wont see players being brought in over his head and then told "they must play" like Roman did with Schevchenko and Falcao. At least he would have total freedom and be left to do what he does best. Not a yes man like Moyes, or an over the hill dinosaur like the clog dancer.

As much of a prick he is, the guys a winner. To be honest, who was a bigger prick than Taggart in his time? Takes all kinds Zee. ;)

Yeah but Roman was happy to sign Mourinho players and his own pet projects, do you think the Glazers are going to give him the £200 odd million at least NET he needs to be winning the champos league and prem consistently? =)) =)) Fuck sake Harry have a day off, we only have shite players to get rid off now too were we had massive wage earners that got binned before that saved a fortune and players like Welbeck and Chicorito and about 5 legends retiring/leaving in quick succession.

Rooney is our only hope of cutting the wage bill and getting a good fee IF he's happy to go to Asia or somewhere were I doubt, big Dave is the other one but that's club suicide. We'll get fuck all for any average players he wants binned, Carrick is out of contract, Valencia has disappeared, I couldn't even name you an 11 I think Jose would be happy with if everyone was fully fit going into a campaign.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

It's a sad state of affairs, but Mourinho is probably the right answer for us now. I wish that wasn't the case, but it's desperate times now. He is the only other manager out there besides Guardiola that has the magnetism to attract top players to the club, which is a problem for us now being out of the CL.

We definitely also need a director of football type person though, to get the club running properly again. Even if Mourinho came in and won the league and all the rest, he doesn't give a shit about the academy or any of that, and he'd only be with us for 2-3 seasons.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

That said, I don't think Mourinho is a guaranteed success at all. I suspect his best days are behind him. Pochettino looks like a guy who's going to go ahead and achieve great things, he's on the upward trajectory.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
redzebs wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
redzebs wrote:Yeah I could see another club doctor, eye gouging, some other incident, saying I don't talk about refs and being a sarky cunt all the time or if the team hasn't got all the players he wanted, he'll say things like you need to speak to the board. He's a risk.
Well one thing is for certain Zee. He wont see players being brought in over his head and then told "they must play" like Roman did with Schevchenko and Falcao. At least he would have total freedom and be left to do what he does best. Not a yes man like Moyes, or an over the hill dinosaur like the clog dancer.

As much of a prick he is, the guys a winner. To be honest, who was a bigger prick than Taggart in his time? Takes all kinds Zee. ;)

Yeah but Roman was happy to sign Mourinho players and his own pet projects, do you think the Glazers are going to give him the £200 odd million at least NET he needs to be winning the champos league and prem consistently? =)) =)) Fuck sake Harry have a day off, we only have shite players to get rid off now too were we had massive wage earners that got binned before that saved a fortune and players like Welbeck and Chicorito and about 5 legends retiring/leaving in quick succession.

Rooney is our only hope of cutting the wage bill and getting a good fee IF he's happy to go to Asia or somewhere were I doubt, big Dave is the other one but that's club suicide. We'll get fuck all for any average players he wants binned, Carrick is out of contract, Valencia has disappeared, I couldn't even name you an 11 I think Jose would be happy with if everyone was fully fit going into a campaign.
Couldn't agree more Zee!! We have fuck all to sell. So whoever comes in is going to ask for £200 million, and ship out the shite.

£200 mill might not be enough, this £250 mill LVG spent is a myth if people think its net, we won't get that net amount released again, I don't think the Glazers will pay it, I just don't
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 years ago

The Glazers will spend whatever is needed to ensure appropriate future revenue. They'll treat it as a business decision.

Our revenue is at serious risk if we don;t spend - There isn't enough quality to ensure Champions :League football returns and stays. So unless they're going to bale in the summer, they have no option but to pony up some more cash.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:The Glazers will spend whatever is needed to ensure appropriate future revenue. They'll treat it as a business decision.

Our revenue is at serious risk if we don;t spend - There isn't enough quality to ensure Champions :League football returns and stays. So unless they're going to bale in the summer, they have no option but to pony up some more cash.

I'm just not sure imho it'll be enough to bring us up to the level we should be at, I suppose if we accept some progress, we might be back expecting to be challenging at the top table in a few years, I think the Glazers were hoping that last big splurge would only have needed one or two medium to expensive additions per year, I know the money is there but let's not forget, the big sponsorship deals will be paid in incremements and also with caveats like the champos league, how far we go in competitions etc etc so the Glazers will already be down on what they expected to be earning this year, which means less money than expected, so they are going to have to stick their hands in the piggy jar and again next year and the year after that so I'm wondering what % of our available funds would say £250 million be from the atm being lifted directly from the current account. Anyone know?

Maybe I'm being cynical but I think they'd have been happier with 2-4th and a run in each competition without having to spend "their" money,

What do you think?
Dosdamt
Star Man

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:The Glazers will spend whatever is needed to ensure appropriate future revenue. They'll treat it as a business decision.

I'm just not sure imho it'll be enough to bring us up to the level we should be at, I suppose if we accept some progress, we might be back expecting to be challenging at the top table in a few years, I think the Glazers were hoping that last big splurge would only have needed one or two medium to expensive additions per year, I know the money is there but let's not forget, the big sponsorship deals will be paid in incremements and also with caveats like the champos league, how far we go in competitions etc etc so the Glazers will already be down on what they expected to be earning this year, which means less money than expected, so they are going to have to stick their hands in the piggy jar and again next year and the year after that so I'm wondering what % of our available funds would say £250 million be from the atm being lifted directly from the current account. Anyone know?

Maybe I'm being cynical but I think they'd have been happier with 2-4th and a run in each competition without having to spend "their" money,

What do you think?
Exactly right.

But the squad isn't there to get into the top four, and more importantly, the organizational structures - scouting, analysis, youth setup - isn't top drawer enough to support that.

The biggest failure of the Glazers has been in failing to overhaul the organization after Fergie left. We don't have institutional structures in place to make the club successful - Fergie had a structure in which he could be successful. The guy is the exception, not the rule. Clubs on the continent like Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern know the institution has to come first and you have to set that up to be a success. Even fucking Fergie knew it.

That is compounded by the transfer failures - if you aren't strengthening every year with a Rio Ferdinand, an Evra, and a OGS, you're already falling behind. Other clubs have much better scouting networks and teams (Spurs, Leicester, Arsenal) or better drawing power (Chelski, Citeh). We are a fucking mess because we are incapable of either.

The Glazers failed to learn that at Tampa and they are fucking United up on the same point. They are vultures and if they don't dip their hands in the pockets of the club and go out and sign 4 - 5 absolutely top drawer players, and 2 - 4 squaddies, we are fucked.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 years ago

The thing is Zebs, the game has changed since the Glazers landed. There's more money flowing through most clubs, so clubs like Spurs are genuinely able to build and sustain their improvement. 5 years ago, they'd not be able to refuse a mega offer for a Kane, for example. So top 4 isn't a given. It's not enough for even the likes of United to just tick over and nail a top 4 slot.

That said, 250m and Mourinho would see us a shite sight better off than it has under Van Gaal. The only player I think he'd have signed that Van Gaal has, is Shaw.

There is some quality in our squad. And some promising youth. I can see Mourinho bringing in 3-4 quality players to make us better as a team - though not necessarily scintillating to watch. Lets face it - you need a cake and some icing before you worry about the cherry.

De Gea is fine. Smalling he'll work with. Shaw will be fine, assuming he fully recovers. And I think he'd get Darmian at his best. He'd definitely want another centre half though., Possibly 2. No way would he have Blind back there. If he can keep Jones fit though, he'd get the most out of him that anyone ever could.

He'd have his work cut out in midfield. Carrick would probably get a game, but I don't think Herrera or Fellaini would last. So he'd want a couple in there. He'd give Rooney a fair crack too. People assume he'd fuck Mata off - he might in time, but he doesn't have a plethora of quality players in that position like he did at Chelsea.

And he wouldn't piss about chasing the likes of Neymar, Muller etc. He'd quickly bring in 4-5 players in their early to mid twenties, internationals that we've heard of, who fit the right mould for playing in the premiership. He'd want a couple strong leaders too.

He'd build a side around De Gea, Smalling, Shaw, Darmian, Rooney and Martial. Young, Valencia, Jones Mata, Jones and Lingard would all feature. Depay might be fucked though.