Page 456 of 458

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:39 pm
by Sid
José Mourinho told Tottenham have no money to spend in January

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rs-january

Levy's put him in his place already :))

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:55 pm
by Sid
Mourinho added: “I couldn’t be happier and if I wasn’t as happy as I am, I wouldn’t be here. What can I promise? Passion. Passion for my job but also passion for my club.

He's not promising major trophies anymore

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:35 pm
by Lazarus
"I realised I made mistakes," he said.

"I'm not going to make the same mistakes. I'll make new mistakes - but not the same."

Mourinho, who would not be drawn on what mistakes he was referring to, added: "I am humble, humble enough to try and analyse my career - not just the last year, but the whole thing, the evolution, the problems and the solutions. Not to blame anyone else.

"It was a great thing. I went really deep with that analysis. A break was very positive for me. It was the first summer I did not work and I felt a little bit at a loss during that pre-season.

"I was always humble, in my way. The problem is you didn't understand that."

What a prick!

"Not to blame anyone else." Aren't Spur's young players lucky he won't be blaming them?

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 pm
by lkhmffsstopmovingabout
won our last trophies for a generation with our worst side in 30 years (before this season) while playing the way man utd should (oh yeah)

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 pm
by bman2
"We cannot win the Premier League this season. We can – I’m not saying we will do – but we can win it next season.”
Sounds appropriately ambitious to me. A fuck lot better than Ole mumbling about how he needs 6 windows to make a decent run at maybe getting a CL spot.

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:29 am
by dozer
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
"We cannot win the Premier League this season. We can – I’m not saying we will do – but we can win it next season.”
Sounds appropriately ambitious to me. A fuck lot better than Ole mumbling about how he needs 6 windows to make a decent run at maybe getting a CL spot.
Well Jose always sounds ambitious. But he too, like the others before him has been mediocre for us. Better than Gaal and Moyes though.

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 am
by bman2
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
"We cannot win the Premier League this season. We can – I’m not saying we will do – but we can win it next season.”
Sounds appropriately ambitious to me. A fuck lot better than Ole mumbling about how he needs 6 windows to make a decent run at maybe getting a CL spot.
Well Jose always sounds ambitious. But he too, like the others before him has been mediocre for us. Better than Gaal and Moyes though.
He did the best so far in terms of results, but Woodward should have treated him like a two season man, because that’s what he does. Could have said ok thanks, got us 2nd, back in the CL, our big club credentials restored, now thanks for your service and see you later. Instead we drag it out and the obvious 3rd season blow up happens. I just can’t understand that thinking. I mean, I wouldn’t have gone for José in the first place, but if you do, be realistic about who he is and how he operates.

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm
by Lazarus
"two season man"...... Dumb as a rock!

Could you explain how this two season deal works out? Does Jose just sign a two year deal in this scenario and it all works out, "our big club credentials restored"? Or a 3 1/2 year contract and we sack him and pay up the full contract? Do we tell the players he's only there for two years or do we lie about it? Is he allowed to buy players in this scenario or do we just use the players we have? Do we approach the new manager after the two years or during the last year? Does the new manager have to copy exactly what Jose did or do they get to do things their own way? Do we change the backroom staff before he comes or after he goes? If he's been outstanding do we sack him anyway no matter what? Is the two year thing a guarantee of quality football during that time? What if he doesn't deliver that quality in the first season, does he become a "one season man" then?

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:25 pm
by Sid
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
1 year ago
won our last trophies for a generation with our worst side in 30 years (before this season) while playing the way man utd should (oh yeah)
It was nowhere near our worse side, he had 500m of talent, new CBs, Pogba and Lukaku who you rate as a top CF

You're the last remaining member of the right wing Mourinho Defence League

Re: Jose Mourinho

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:25 pm
by bman2
Spurs are giving West Ham a battering, with a bit of style too.