Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

Jose- “A club must be very well organised to cope with all these kind of situations where the manager is only the manager and not the man that is trying to keep the discipline or is trying to educate the players.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.3761997

......so explain Ole then. If it's all sooooo bad how is Ole doing it and he hasn't bought one player and everything else is the same???? Dickhead!
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
Jose- “A club must be very well organised to cope with all these kind of situations where the manager is only the manager and not the man that is trying to keep the discipline or is trying to educate the players.”

......so explain Ole then. If it's all sooooo bad how is Ole doing it and he hasn't bought one player and everything else is the same???? Dickhead!
errr… hang on then... so is Mourinho literally stating he wasn't the man trying to keep the discipline or educate the players? Just "the manager".
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

FuB wrote:
8 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago

errr… hang on then... so is Mourinho literally stating he wasn't the man trying to keep the discipline or educate the players? Just "the manager".
Tbf we know he didn't educate the players because none of them progressed under him, so that's true

It sounds to me like Jose wanted Ed to dish out some discipline too after he went in like a wrecking ball and pissed everybody off from the players to the tealady. He wanted Ed to sell the ones he publicly slagged and blamed (Pogba, Rash, Martial, Shaw etc). But what's key is that player discipline only became an issue when the quality and effectiveness of the football didn't improve after season 1 despite 7 or 8 signings. Now it's clear the club did the right thing in keeping hold of the players and getting rid of Jose instead, because those same players started tearing it up immediately after he'd gone.

In that interview he also bemoans modern footballers and their habits, so proving the theory Eto'o and other ex-Pulis players have said that his manmanagement is old fashioned and ineffective now

And he also fails to bat away the now cemented in fucking stone criticisms that his football is shit. He's the only one that believes you have to play 11 men behind the ball and 0 counterattacks against Brighton. Pretty deluded when the manager of Molde has the same players battering shit teams at a canter.

He sounds pretty desperate in that interview tbf. He used it to send a message to clubs by repeating "I belong at the top of football" and mentioning his titles. I don't think he liked being linked with Benfica, I think he expected Bayern etc to come running.
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

well, I should make clear I haven't read the article/interview as yet but Laz's quote seemed to imply more that he was suggesting he wasn't able or allowed to keep the discipline or educate the players which sort of goes against the narrative that he was the one pissing them all off.

obviously it's clear as day that he WAS the person pissing them all off so it's sort of interesting to me if he's trying to imply innocence there as well
bman2
Legend

8 months ago

The truth is probably somewhere in between. I think Jose is probably right in asserting that players and their agents have too much sway in Woodward's United. Of course, that doesn't excuse Jose for being a cock who hates entertaining football.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

bman2 wrote:
8 months ago
The truth is probably somewhere in between. I think Jose is probably right in asserting that players and their agents have too much sway in Woodward's United. Of course, that doesn't excuse Jose for being a cock who hates entertaining football.
Nah Bman, Jose and the truth are strangers.
Lazarus
Legend

8 months ago

FuB wrote:
8 months ago
well, I should make clear I haven't read the article/interview as yet but Laz's quote seemed to imply more that he was suggesting he wasn't able or allowed to keep the discipline or educate the players which sort of goes against the narrative that he was the one pissing them all off.

obviously it's clear as day that he WAS the person pissing them all off so it's sort of interesting to me if he's trying to imply innocence there as well
I'm just suggesting that no matter what Jose says, Ole has exactly the same circumstances and look what has happened. There doesn't need to be any explanation about Jose anymore, he failed, he's gone.
FuB
Legend

8 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
8 months ago
FuB wrote:
8 months ago

I'm just suggesting that no matter what Jose says, Ole has exactly the same circumstances and look what has happened. There doesn't need to be any explanation about Jose anymore, he failed, he's gone.
sorry chap. my intention wasn't to imply that you were suggesting anything. to me - from that quote - it just sounds like Mourinho is trying to suggest he wasn't allowed to discipline or educate the players because he was just "the manager"
sheesh
Legend

8 months ago

Jose is full of shit, as usual.

You'd think any semi-intelligent CEO would read those quotes and be put off from hiring him to manage a club.