Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

4 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:I hope we do hav a deal for Jose....but why wait til the summer? We are now well and truly fucked for the top 4...and Jose was ready to start anytime
From what I've read, it's Jose's choice. Could be made-up bollocks though.

We've put ourselves in a situation where Mourinho is probably the only guy who could come in and do the job (i.e - hit the ground running). We let other managers like Klopp and Ancelotti slip through our fingers, when the best thing would have been to consider what would have been in the long-term interests of United. This should have been done quite a while ago. LVG isn't dumb; he knows how things work in football. It's not nice the way the manager is being treated, and a part of me feels a bit sorry for him, but it's about time that Woodward made hard-headed decisions.

Should we keep quiet and wait until the summer before approaching Mourinho's camp? No, IMO.

There's a myth that's been perpetuated that United aren't a sacking club, simply because of the longevity of Fergie. Had we not won beaten Forest in 1990, he might well have been another statistic.

Look at who the club have sacked over the years (it's an old article so obviously Moyes should be added to the list):

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... cking-club
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:It is shit how they're handling this, going behind his back which all clubs do, but doing it so blatantly. Those journos who have been briefed by Woodward know more about Gaal's future than he does. It's surprising the arse hasn't fallen out the players. Why do what he says when a new manager is coming in.

This kind of soap opera shite might put other managers off. It's hard to trust the cunts.
You're assuming the press shit about Mourinho are true...

I'm not... the press have got it in for Van Gall, and even though it's his own fault, I don't believe it... I think Woodward is right behind Van Gall as long as it's still mathematically possible to get into the Champs league... if he makes it, I reckon he'll still be here next year... if he fails, THEN, I think you'll see Woodward move... but I don't believe there are any DONE DEALS, for Mourinho...

I reckon Woodward might have sounded out Mourinho on coming in next year, IF Van Gall quits, or if he fucks up for the Champs league, just to keep the option available, if both parties are willing... but I'm betting that's the limit of it...

Yip, I doubt Jose is a long way off being signed, I'm still hoping for Hughes
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Robbo
Legend

4 years ago

Lets be honest even Pope fucking Francis couldnt help us at the moment.
-----------------------------------------------------
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Robbo wrote:Lets be honest even Pope fucking Francis couldnt help us at the moment.

Have you ever watched The See playing subbeteo? :-o
senna
Legend

4 years ago

Mourinho will struggle with this squad, it's fucking SHITE.
Robbo
Legend

4 years ago

I bet Jose is on the phone to Perez asking him for a job before he lands by this shower of shite in a soul destroying job.
-----------------------------------------------------
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

senna wrote:Mourinho will struggle with this squad, it's fucking SHITE.

It's not that bad once people are fit, 3 players and a decent manager and there's no reason we shouldn't be there or thereabouts
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

So it's not set in stone yet and all the headlines of last week saying it's a done deal was just another example of tabloid lies.

I liked this bit

Mourinho's audition continues as he grants journalist Patrick Barclay an interview for his upcoming Ferguson biography at Inter's Angelo Moratti Sports Centre.

During the interview, Mourinho receives an angry phone call from Ferguson warning him about Barclay. Mourinho requests chunks of the content are not used.

Wonder what he said....
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
madmax
Star Man

4 years ago

I really hope we dont get Mourinho. Obviously Pochettino is out of our league. Simeone would not be a good fit now as his 442 football would give seizures to a lot of ppl. May be some one like Unai Emery. Not exactly him but some one who has a plan and the ability to execute it.