Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

:)) :)) :))

Look at you two grasping for more crap, to support a crap argument...

Sid... now to do with the £450million he's spent since taking over then...

And Cooper... yeah, that's what we're saying... "Guardiola is a shit manager"...

:))
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Just to be clear, yeah... the issue isn't whether Pep is a good manager/coach or not... the issue here, is the fuckin nonsense argument that this year has been a failure, because we haven't beaten City to the title...

You two, and whoever else agrees with that horseshit, need to focus, cause you're all over the fuckin place...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

But that's not how i feel at all. As i've said before i don't give a fuck about any other teams I only care how we play. This year has been shit because we've played shit football from day one and it's not getting any better no matter who we buy.

So to be clear Alf your not saying coaching is irrelevant?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Of course it's not irrelevant... the problem for you Cooper, is you're stuck with a manager you don't like... same as me... the football has been poor overall, and I've not argued otherwise... but I have tried to take some satisfaction from the fact that we've improved our position in the league, the quality of our squad, and our standing in Europe... we're not the laughing stock we were a couple years ago...

Mourinho won't last... but what he leaves when he goes is what matters...

The thing that I'm ranting against is this ridiculous argument that because we've spent all this money, we should be better than we are, or that the football should be exciting...

One of the biggest reasons you and I and every other fucker who didn't want Mourinho, didn't want Mourinho, is because he played shitty football... well, we're playing shitty football... would you rather he tanked, just to get rid of him???

And in my opinion, he's actually tried to play better football, but the truth is, he's not very good at it... he has his methods, and again, in my opinion, he should stick to them... it's what works for him

We were miles off City before Guardiola arrived, and we're still miles behind... but at least we've reeled in the the other teams who had left us behind...

Apparently we're already looking at Mourinhos replacement... some rumours say we're considering Pochettino, some say Simione... I have no idea if any of that is true or not... all I know, whatever Mourinho does or doesn't do, I want him to succeed... and for me, at least for now, he has...
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Then we agree. I believe Jose has marginally improved us but nothing like some on here have claimed he would...... and nowhere near the football i want us to play.

At the minute i enjoy watching the games and commenting on them on here while we're playing. I don't get to sit in the pub with mates anymore to watch matches, on here you get a bit of that banter. The problem with that is you comment in real time on what a player does i.e. I could say player x is playing shit then they score, and i look a dick. Then the crew who come on here after and pick thru comments made during the game and act the dick about them.

The same people who 'know' how a manager/player is going to do for us 'before' they've played a game. For me the manager/player has to actually deliver consistently before i'll get all puffed up about them and it's a long while since we've signed anyone like that.

Don't get me started on the Top Red your not from Manchester bullshit.....
dozer
Legend

2 years ago

Jose's improved us. He's not doing great but he's not been bad.
He's been our best manager since Fergie but still quite not top notch. Gaal spent shitloads on dross.

The only issue I have with Jose really is his approach and performance against the strong teams. We're not getting the Jose of old. This is something new. He's blundered against the big teams. If he'd been better we'd actually be very close to city I think. United have been very good against the weaker sides.

Gaal is the exact opposite right. Amazing against the big teams and we lose points against the weaker ones. That cost us more because there are about 6 strong teams in the league.
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Jose has improved everything at the club ,that's why he won two / three trophies since he's been here,wtf are you on about ? In any other season they would be neck and neck.
Stop being fucking stupid.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Jeez i forgot all about Gaal, he's not been mentioned on here in ages Dozer.... interesting to hear a new comparison between him and Jose.
Robbo
Legend

2 years ago

At the end of the day Mourinho is the best available for United of course there are others including some young and interesting managers such as Eddie Howe or Pochettino from Spurs.

But none have a track record of winning anything of note and we saw that when they went and got Moyes that being a Manager with a track record of keeping a club in a good position in the league does not always mean that they will be a success at a club of the sature of United where success is expected.

Before Ferguson came to United back in 86 he was already successful having taken Aberdeen to the final of the Cup Winners Cup in 83 which they won and also breaking the Celtic and Rangers hold on the Scottish Premier League titel which they won three times.

If Mourinho chooses at some point he wants to go elsewhere then Managers such as the two above mentioned I would say go after by every means possible but until then better the devil you know.
-----------------------------------------------------
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

"There's no doubting the footballs been shite." Exactly Harry, wtf have i been saying and getting dogs abuse from you for two seasons? You haven't been saying that for two years you've been spouting 'Trust in Jose' and trying to claim that games that have been shite have been great and that every fucker is to blame but Jose. I'm not calling for his head i'm calling for better more consistent football. Give the players a chance to be attacking, creative, brave. And stop crowing about beating average or worse teams.