Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Nah I think he'd be great for us for about 1.5 seasons....the quality and charisma he'd bring wokkd juvenate the younger players - those who havnt really played with a proper world class player....Schweiny doesn't count for me coz I think he's so far past his best.

BUT....id only want him if we still strengthen with another 2 top players at least - a CB and a DMF at least.
His confidence and swagger is cool. When he's lined up in the tunnel he's serious, he expects to win, he doesn't think "you know West Ham are quite good, we might lose this" he just expects to win like Keane, Scholes, Ronaldo - top players. You need 4 or 5 of those in your team.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Aye, 300,000 a week would help

There's that thing about him being shit in England though, that he'd have to deal with. Like nobody here rated him til he scored that overkick/lob from outside of the box against England. Jamie Redknapp said "now everybody will wake up to his genius", as if he wasn't one of his biggest critics. It's because he's arrogant, great and foreign, so we were never going to like him. But tbf nowadays nobody can say "yeah but can he do it in the Prem" because he so obviously could given the lack of quality and shite defences
The reason he's not liked in England is because 1 - he's a lazy fucker... doesn't do any of the ugly stuff, just lolls about waiting for the chance to be impressive with the ball... which is fair enough if you don't mind that... Ronaldo was never one for tracking back and chasing a lost cause the way Rooney used to... some players need to be, "accommodated"... but in England you had better be damned special, if you're not going to carry your load without the ball, but tbf, Zlat does have have some genuine magic in his feet...

And 2 - he's been generally disrespectful towards England and the PL over the years, which again, is fair enough, if you happen to agree with his opinions on the subject... having said that, it would be a bit fucked of him to then come here and give it large about playing here, just because it's where he's collecting his wages, wouldn't it?... or do you reckon he'd play here, and still talk how he doesn't rate the English game?

Thing is, I don't care what he's done in the past... he's what, 35/36 now??? he's definitely not going to get any better... he's definitely not going to have the freedom on the ball here, that he had in Paris, and how many good years do you reckon we'd get out of him???... 1, if any...

You think he'd come here on a 1 year, performance based contract??? Not bloody likely... he'd want just what you said... £300k, on a 3 year deal, minimum, plus endorsements... you really reckon he'd be worth that???

It would be another monumental transfer failure... another waste of money, when we should be looking to bring in top young players... we made a good start last year with Martial and Depay... that's forward, progressive thinking... even if Depay can't sort himself out here, signing him was the right idea... Zlatan would be a backwards step... 5 years ago, he'd have been a good signing... not now...
Toure is the laziest of all lazy fuckers, and he can't afford to be because he's not a forward whose job it is to create, he's a midfielder whose job it is to defend and attack. But he walks, ambles, as the opposition are streaking in to the space he's left behind. He's always done this, and always will. Yet he's loved in the Prem and is regarded as one of the greatest midfielders/players in Prem history.

Also I question how lazy Ibra really is when he's scored 377 in 664 games and has created or scored 29 goals in the CL in the last 4 years - 17 more than any other player. More than Messi and Ronaldo.

What has he said that has been disrespectful about the Prem? Did I miss something?

Yeah I reckon 300,000 a week for someone who has won everything, played at all the tops clubs like Barca, Milan, Inter, Juve, scored more than one goal every other game all over europe, and has a brilliantly consistent CL record. 300,000 is probably the going rate for the goals, consistency, experience.

Also our desperation for a complete striker who scores but can also link up play is also important. We'll need this type of player if we get Mourinho or Poch. We're quite desperate. Rooney isn't good enough anymore and Rashford and Martial are too young to be consistent.

I'm surprised there are still people who question whether he's good or not tbh. I thought we dealt with that ages ago.
Robbo
Legend

3 years ago

just1n wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Sid wrote:Zlat is a good shout, he's still got it. Set up or scored 29 goals in the CL in the last 4 years. We need a centreforward that does it at the top level like that.

Payet and Mahrez are good Prem players, but their CL quality is questionable. We need top drawer.
How the fuck are we going to get a player like Zlat to come to Old Trafford, folks really do need to wake up and smell what's cooking because these sort of players are pipe dreams, clutching at straws and nothing else.
It's not impossible. When City were on the up they paid over the odds and attracted players like Robinho. Ditto Chelsea with Crespo. Players will come if you pay them.
Its true its not impossible but who wants to come to Old Trafford to play for Flat Face, plus Ibrahimovic has said that he doesn't like Flat Face.
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh
Legend

3 years ago

Sid
Legend

3 years ago

He looks fucking ill in that interview, looks like he's got a swollen eye
Robbo
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Sid wrote:He looks fucking ill in that interview, looks like he's got a swollen eye
He's tired of waiting Sid. Like the fuckin rest of us!! :-?
Or he has been rubbing his eyes crying :(( because he knows that its Van Gaal then Giggs .............
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

When he says he has had offers but is waiting, he almost definitely means waiting for us

So we're still keeping him hanging
sheesh
Legend

3 years ago

Fucking hell, Robbo:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... s-van-gaal

He's worried about us losing prestige under LVG, but wants us to give Giggs the job. It's mental.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

sheesh wrote:Fucking hell, Robbo:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... s-van-gaal

He's worried about us losing prestige under LVG, but wants us to give Giggs the job. It's mental.
Great player, but thick as shit!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

QFT
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...