Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

But that won't happen of course because the club is run by fucking morons, so even if everything goes according to plan for two seasons, when Jose's usual third season meltdown happens, it will be worse than ever before at our joke of a club.
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Utds best ever signing since Robson and Law,given that Fergie,Ronaldo,Cantona etc were unknown success.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

sheesh wrote:
FuB wrote:
sheesh wrote:
FuB wrote:
sheesh wrote:

He is absolutely beaming, God bless him.

Woodward did something right, so well done to him.
compare to this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYZf2DBltd4

does the "happy one" seem happier now?
I'm not sure I understand your point.

This is a brand new chapter in his career, and it's no secret that he's craved the United job for a long time.
my point is as I put it. he made out he was the "happy one" when he rejoined Chelsea but - and maybe I'm just misinterpreting it - he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as beaming as you've pointed out he is in the mutv interview. in the Chelsea press conference he seems more pleased to be engaging with the uk press again than the actual job.
OK, maybe I got a bit carried away and 'beaming' was a bit of a stretch, but he is clearly smiling and looks pleased where he says "I feel great" at the beginning. He is happy.

What's the point in making comparisons between different points in time?

It just seems rather, well, pointless. Be happy ffs!
I'm comparing because your original post made me wonder whether he was beaming the last time he joined Chelsea.

I don't think, even though he calls himself "the happy one", he looks anywhere near as chuffed as he does in that mutv interview.

you seem to be reacting as if i'm disagreeing with you... i'm not, so chill out ya nutcase
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:But that won't happen of course because the club is run by fucking morons, so even if everything goes according to plan for two seasons, when Jose's usual third season meltdown happens, it will be worse than ever before at our joke of a club.
This is the big worry, if going into the third season we've spent a lot, the kids haven't developed in that time and we're stuck with an aging team of pros like Ibra. Financially we can't piss away money, but I think that's the plan in order to "keep pace" with City, Liverpool, Chelsea during these next crucial 3 years where the Prem is at its peak.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Ok....we don't know if those things will happen, we will only know after we can review his signings and his team selections...

Until then can someone other than Max, myself, ALF, Ashley etc say something positive about what we might achieve with Mourinho and what he can bring to us...
It's exciting times ..compared to looking forward to another season of dross with LVG
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:Ok....we don't know if those things will happen, we will only know after we can review his signings and his team selections...

Until then can someone other than Max, myself, ALF, Ashley etc say something positive about what we might achieve with Mourinho and what he can bring to us...
It's exciting times ..compared to looking forward to another season of dross with LVG

I don't see what the problem is for "the doomsters!!" Load, put to head, pull trigger! It really is that simple. :-?
Stay classy, Max

Telling people to kill emselves becauae we're talking about one possible negative thing that could happen under Mourinho - the thing that has happened at most of his other clubs so it merits talking about
sheesh
Legend

3 years ago

FuB wrote:
sheesh wrote:
FuB wrote:
sheesh wrote:
FuB wrote: compare to this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYZf2DBltd4

does the "happy one" seem happier now?
I'm not sure I understand your point.

This is a brand new chapter in his career, and it's no secret that he's craved the United job for a long time.
my point is as I put it. he made out he was the "happy one" when he rejoined Chelsea but - and maybe I'm just misinterpreting it - he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as beaming as you've pointed out he is in the mutv interview. in the Chelsea press conference he seems more pleased to be engaging with the uk press again than the actual job.
OK, maybe I got a bit carried away and 'beaming' was a bit of a stretch, but he is clearly smiling and looks pleased where he says "I feel great" at the beginning. He is happy.

What's the point in making comparisons between different points in time?

It just seems rather, well, pointless. Be happy ffs!
I'm comparing because your original post made me wonder whether he was beaming the last time he joined Chelsea.

I don't think, even though he calls himself "the happy one", he looks anywhere near as chuffed as he does in that mutv interview.

you seem to be reacting as if i'm disagreeing with you... i'm not, so chill out ya nutcase
My apologies. Reading back, I see what you meant. Sorry.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:Ok....we don't know if those things will happen, we will only know after we can review his signings and his team selections...

Just trying to be realistic, the pattern of his career is very clear. I don't think it's likely that he's going to suddenly do a 180 and change many of his most prominent traits. The guy's the ultimate short-term quick fix manager: ultimate in the sense that his record for getting results is peerless, but also in the sense that he also seems to burn so many bridges that he doesn't have the option of being more long-term even if he wanted. Chelsea supporters thought he was going to do that when he went back to Stamford Bridge, and he was their big returning hero, but he flamed out spectacularly.

He's a hired gun. Let's hope he does his job well, and that will be great, but let's not kid ourselves that he's changed his ways. United teased him, so he's wanted to get in our collective knickers real bad, but he's not the settling down type. Enjoy the shag but be prepared to need a visit to the doctor afterward. I feel dirty already.
just1n
Legend

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:

Just trying to be realistic, the pattern of his career is very clear. I don't think it's likely that he's going to suddenly do a 180 and change many of his most prominent traits. The guy's the ultimate short-term quick fix manager: ultimate in the sense that his record for getting results is peerless, but also in the sense that he also seems to burn so many bridges that he doesn't have the option of being more long-term even if he wanted. Chelsea supporters thought he was going to do that when he went back to Stamford Bridge, and he was their big returning hero, but he flamed out spectacularly.

He's a hired gun. Let's hope he does his job well, and that will be great, but let's not kid ourselves that he's changed his ways. United teased him, so he's wanted to get in our collective knickers real bad, but he's not the settling down type. Enjoy the shag but be prepared to need a visit to the doctor afterward. I feel dirty already.
Yeah this is the worry. So if the definition of insanity is doing the same things and then expecting different results, it is a concern that over the course of his career, Mourinho has done the same things with the same results. So now Utd fans are expecting him to have different results...
For sure there is no denying that he is a fucking world class manager who wins things. But he also creates division wherever he goes, splits the dressing room, and the squad falls out with him by year 3.
Who knows, the Chelsea sacking and near relegation form might have given him time for self reflection. That is not impossible. I personally believe he needs to adjust his management style in order to keep players motivated for longer than normal.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

just1n wrote:But he also creates division wherever he goes, splits the dressing room, and the squad falls out with him by year 3.
not wishing to be part of the mourinho is the best thing in the world brigade but this is an absolute bollocks argument.

Did the squad fall out with him at Porto, at Chelsea (part 1) and Inter? I'm not convinced that there was a falling out with the squad at Madrid either so it's utter revisionist shite to imply that this happens wherever he goes when, ultimately, it has happened ONCE.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit