Jose Sacked!

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He was better at getting rid of players than bringing them in in my opinion. But I assume that would have sounded good when being interviewed by Woodbrain. "I'll get shut of the deadwood and reduce the wage bill significantly". That would have been music to his ears. Unfortunately, it was a double edged sword. I'm not sure where you get your "fairly cheaply" from. A record £260 million lavished, sounds great, but we don't create anything, we don't score anywhere near enough goals. Do we look like we have a team worth £260 million? No!! Do we have one single player that would be snapped up by one of the class acts, No!! Do this United team look as if it could compete at the highest level, No!! Can anyone who is compos mentis actually say we got value for the £260 million spent, No!!
"record spending". FFS, it wasn't even the record last year, let alone the two years combined.

Romero
Darmian -- Blind -- Rojo -- Shaw
Schweini -- Schneidi
Herrera
?? -- Martial -- Depay

That's a decent side right there for about £150M net or so. We know the club has been trying to sign truly top drawer CBs and attackers -- Ramos, Muller, Neymar. Obviously they are hard to get. But there's not much point buying any old shite instead. Otamendi hasn't looked great for City so far, £35M later, nor has Mangala, £40M later. Clear out dross, fill crisis positions (central midfield especially), buy quality instead of a bunch of squaddies, bring young players through. Isn't this what we were begging Ferguson to do for years? This is what it looks like, it doesn't happen overnight.

I have serious concerns about our tactics and coaching, but I think our transfer strategy under van Gaal is looking promising. There's a fairly clear plan at least. After years of penny-pinching randomness, that's a huge plus, and probably the basis of the owners' patience.
Fuck sake... there is so much wrong with that post, it's hard to know where to begin... are you really going to quibble about whether or not that was a "record spend"?

He spent a ton, and the football is gash!... isn't that enough?

"We know the club has been trying to sign truly top drawer CBs and attackers"? Really?

Why, because the papers say so?

And before you go portraying Otamendi or Mangala as poor signings, let's give them a chance... trying not to forget that we wanted rid of Vidic after his first 6 months... they might actually turn out to be shit... but I wouldn't be as quick as you to use their names, as a defense for our shitty moves...

And this... "There's a fairly clear plan at least."... is that right???

Well.... considering what we had, what we needed, what we wanted, and what we ended up with, I'll just assume you're being sarcastic...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Interesting coincidence that Chelski have a crisis board meeting about Mourinho the day Guardiola delivers the news to the Bayern board that he's off at the end of the season. Then a day later Mourinho is sacked. Maybe reading too much into it, but my money would be on a caretaker manager to the end of the season to minimise damage until Guardiola arrives at Stamford Bridge. Odds on then for Mourinho to City? Okay he's 'damaged goods', but I suspect City would do anything to buy short term success.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:Interesting coincidence that Chelski have a crisis board meeting about Mourinho the day Guardiola delivers the news to the Bayern board that he's off at the end of the season. Then a day later Mourinho is sacked. Maybe reading too much into it, but my money would be on a caretaker manager to the end of the season to minimise damage until Guardiola arrives at Stamford Bridge. Odds on then for Mourinho to City? Okay he's 'damaged goods', but I suspect City would do anything to buy short term success.
I personally don't understand why Guardiola would be attracted to Chelsea... they're not going to be in the Champs league next year... it's a pissy little outfit compared to Bauern and Barca, and their youth program isn't much to speak about...

I can see him going to City... that's a properly ambitious club, with endless pots of cash, a squad with potential, world class facilities and academy...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote: "At least there's a fairly clear transfer plan"??? :-o :-o
Falcao, Di Maria, last minute £50 million on a kid??

Van Moyes has farmed out Tyler Blackett, and is making a cunt of McNair, and not only did he get shut of our recognised strikers, he then fucked Wilson off?? And can we honestly say Blind, Rojo and Schneiderlin have been value for money?? Martial even? I'm not convinced.
Identify positions that need filling, try first for established stars, if that fails go for promising youth.
Striker -- loan deal on Falcao, didn't work out so try Muller, couldn't get Muller so get Martial.
Left-footed attacker -- try Bale, Real offering Di Maria instead of Bale, di Maria is a twat so now we'll be linked first with Griezmann then if that doesn't work out someone like Mahrez or Berardi.
CB -- we know that the club was trying to get Ramos and Marquinhos, good chance we'll see them go for Laporte and/or Stones this summer instead. Again: 1st choice established star, 2nd choice young player the manager has identified as a future star. Rojo was obviously a stopgap at the time because we practically had no proven defenders.
Defensive midfield -- bang, Schneiderin, who most people agreed was the league's best DM last season.

There's obvious logic to the players we buy and are connected to. I'm not saying it's genius or anything, but can you honestly say it's not miles better than Moyes and the last years of Ferguson? Moyes' transfer dealings, or lack thereof, were obviously shite. But then Ferguson -- didn't replace Ronaldo, didn't replace Giggs, didn't replace Keane, replaced Scholes with ... Scholes, kept getting strikers then barely using them (Tevez, Berbatov), then a string of crocks and randoms like Bebe, Hargreaves, Owen...
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Martial is a star, Shaw is a future world class defender and Schweinsteiger is a class act who has brought the horrorshow that was our non existant midfield some experience and quality

3 top signings

Di Maria as well, it just didn't work out. Shouldn't sign top players whose arse isn't in it
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:Interesting coincidence that Chelski have a crisis board meeting about Mourinho the day Guardiola delivers the news to the Bayern board that he's off at the end of the season. Then a day later Mourinho is sacked. Maybe reading too much into it, but my money would be on a caretaker manager to the end of the season to minimise damage until Guardiola arrives at Stamford Bridge. Odds on then for Mourinho to City? Okay he's 'damaged goods', but I suspect City would do anything to buy short term success.
I personally don't understand why Guardiola would be attracted to Chelsea... they're not going to be in the Champs league next year... it's a pissy little outfit compared to Bauern and Barca, and their youth program isn't much to speak about...

I can see him going to City... that's a properly ambitious club, with endless pots of cash, a squad with potential, world class facilities and academy...
I think we'd be in with a decent shot of getting Guardiola if we really made an effort to lure him here. Apart from Real, it's the only club with a reputation as big as Bayern and Barca, and he'd have decent money to build a team. Also, coming in after van Gaal is an established pattern for him now. He'd be more likely to succeed at City because they're already ahead of us and have unlimited funds, but that's not the only factor. I've no idea what factors are most important to the guy, he seems a bit eccentric to say the least. I'd say the owners of any of the big four would love to have him. Arsenal seems more likely than Chelsea.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

I'd say hiring Guardiola and keeping van Gaal on as a director of football, at least for a short while to finish renovating the youth program and the scouting program, would be the ideal outcome for United. I wouldn't be surprised if they hate each other though.
kunal4622
First Teamer

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Alf, I don't think the Glazers are demanding that we have the greatest team at the minute. The goal is to be "up there" during the 3 year rebuild. Gaal is under no obligation to win the league this season, or play interesting football. He'll keep his job if we don't do either.
Write this as a special note in the season ticket and see how many turn up..
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Reported £40m payoff for Jose. Not a bad redundancy, I'd happily put up with the papers talking shit about me for that kind of money. I put up with it here for free.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote: coming in after van Gaal is an established pattern for him now
But you'd have to fit two years in first for Jupp Heynckes or five years for Frank Rijkaard for that to work bman...that myth about Guardiola being van Gaal's heir just won't go away, will it?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...