Sid wrote:his football at Milan wasn't very attacking
surely not very attacking is an improvement on not even attacking
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Sid wrote:Kunal, every manager has a philosophy. A philosophy is just a way of playing, and you need a way of playing if you're picking a team

I know fans don't like to hear it but United has a philosophy as well, and it's very very strong, tied in with the brand, so the new manager has to conform to that a bit, or a lot.

"With the ball and run towards the goal" is massively simplistic

Pochettino won't give you that either. Remember he has been heavily criticised up until recently for playing boring solid football. He almost got the boot last season when it was grim. It's only in the last couple of months that Spurs have started looking better. But the main plaudits he is getting is for making Spurs more resiliant, were before they crumbled like wimps. So it's built on a solid foundation. And we don't need that, we're already solid. We need creativity. So I think if you don't like Gaal then you won't like Pochettino.

"LISTEN TO FUCKIN SID!!!" :-?

"If you don't like Van Moyes you wont like Pochettino"

"If you don't like Van Moyes you wont like Ancelotti!

"If you don't like Van Moyes you wont like Mourinho"

"If you don't like Van Moyes you wont like Guardiola"

Sid. I'm not playing golf in the pissing down rain and freezing cuntin cold for 4 hours to come back and listen to that shit.

So what the fuck do we do? Stick with this shovel faced fuckin dinosaur who no cunt else wants apart from you.

Where's this "solid foundation" you talk about. Cant fuckin wait to here this!! :-?
Max, calm down

There's only one top manager that can apparently fit within the United philosophy, and that's Ancelotti. Although there huge queston marks, like how his football at Milan wasn't very attacking, and the fact he's only won 3 league titles in 15 years.

But the rest all do things similar to Gaal - things we don't like. Like Mourinho and Guardiola are totally off limits, they're too negative and too possession based. So we're limiting ourselves to one manager. That's where we're at right now.

Max throws a wobbler :)) :)) Hardly ever see those
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

OK people are going to say I'm crazy and jump on me for this, but I wonder if we aren't being too quick to get on Van Gaal's back. Don't get me wrong, when I'm watching the matches I'm increasingly furious, or worse just bored, but after a couple of days I'm inclined to try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I also was lucky enough not to be able to watch yesterday's match. So I'm not totally convinced that I actually believe all this, but for the sake of trying to look at the other side of the argument:

1. We are in the middle of a massive change in the "playing staff". A whole generation of winners retired at more or less the same time, and I think most of us agree that there wasn't a very convincing effort to replace them before van Gaal took over. Most would also agree that a lot of dross needed to be cleared out. So our squad is thin at the moment, but you could argue that's a natural result of being in the middle of creating an entirely new squad from a combination of new recruits and promoted youngsters. People talk about the money spent, but our net spend is not massive compared to the other top clubs. City have spent more than us, in net terms, the past couple of seasons, and in theory they're only trying to put the finishing touches on a complete squad, not start from the ground up.
2. Promising indications that van Gaal's personnel choices will bear fruit: we've obviously got some promising young attackers now, and he's done well integrating young players from the academy. Maybe they won't all make, but they're getting their shot. We know he wanted to sign the likes of Muller, Marquinhos, Ramos etc., so he obviously does not yet have the team he wants. There's a good chance that a couple of high quality additions would really make a big difference to our side.
3. Building a stable platform is the sensible way to go for durable success. "Defence first" has been the basis of all sustained success in the big European leagues and the CL for over a decade now. Look at Liverpool under Rodgers -- they should have won the league with Suarez, but their defending was rubbish and instead they've yo-yoed up and down the league the past few seasons. The attacking unit is fickle -- you are very dependent on the form and fitness of a small number of special players. And it's obvious that our attacking unit is still in the process of being finished -- Rooney is likely on the way out, we have promising young players still developing, and probably need a signing or two.
4. Our results were largely OK until recently -- van Gaal bowing to pressure to score more goals has seen us drop from being a goal away from the top of the league to risking falling out of the CL spots. We're better off letting him do his thing than trying to make him dance to a tune he's not comfortable with.

As I said, don't get me wrong, the inadequacies of our play is obvious to me like everyone else. But when I'm feeling calmer, I can see the logic in saying he should get at least two full seasons to show us what he's doing, especially since he did have us almost at the top of the league when we lost patience with him. I hate the idea of us getting into a managerial carousel situation, always chasing the short term, look at what it's done for Chelsea.
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:OK people are going to say I'm crazy and jump on me for this, but I wonder if we aren't being too quick to get on Van Gaal's back. Don't get me wrong, when I'm watching the matches I'm increasingly furious, or worse just bored, but after a couple of days I'm inclined to try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I also was lucky enough not to be able to watch yesterday's match. So I'm not totally convinced that I actually believe all this, but for the sake of trying to look at the other side of the argument:

1. We are in the middle of a massive change in the "playing staff". A whole generation of winners retired at more or less the same time, and I think most of us agree that there wasn't a very convincing effort to replace them before van Gaal took over. Most would also agree that a lot of dross needed to be cleared out. So our squad is thin at the moment, but you could argue that's a natural result of being in the middle of creating an entirely new squad from a combination of new recruits and promoted youngsters. People talk about the money spent, but our net spend is not massive compared to the other top clubs. City have spent more than us, in net terms, the past couple of seasons, and in theory they're only trying to put the finishing touches on a complete squad, not start from the ground up.
2. Promising indications that van Gaal's personnel choices will bear fruit: we've obviously got some promising young attackers now, and he's done well integrating young players from the academy. Maybe they won't all make, but they're getting their shot. We know he wanted to sign the likes of Muller, Marquinhos, Ramos etc., so he obviously does not yet have the team he wants. There's a good chance that a couple of high quality additions would really make a big difference to our side.
3. Building a stable platform is the sensible way to go for durable success. "Defence first" has been the basis of all sustained success in the big European leagues and the CL for over a decade now. Look at Liverpool under Rodgers -- they should have won the league with Suarez, but their defending was rubbish and instead they've yo-yoed up and down the league the past few seasons. The attacking unit is fickle -- you are very dependent on the form and fitness of a small number of special players. And it's obvious that our attacking unit is still in the process of being finished -- Rooney is likely on the way out, we have promising young players still developing, and probably need a signing or two.
4. Our results were largely OK until recently -- van Gaal bowing to pressure to score more goals has seen us drop from being a goal away from the top of the league to risking falling out of the CL spots. We're better off letting him do his thing than trying to make him dance to a tune he's not comfortable with.

As I said, don't get me wrong, the inadequacies of our play is obvious to me like everyone else. But when I'm feeling calmer, I can see the logic in saying he should get at least two full seasons to show us what he's doing, especially since he did have us almost at the top of the league when we lost patience with him. I hate the idea of us getting into a managerial carousel situation, always chasing the short term, look at what it's done for Chelsea.

Fucking hell, did you dictate that, and have some blonde type it up for you while you rogered her from the rear, that has to be post of the week :ymapplause:
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:OK people are going to say I'm crazy and jump on me for this, but I wonder if we aren't being too quick to get on Van Gaal's back. Don't get me wrong, when I'm watching the matches I'm increasingly furious, or worse just bored, but after a couple of days I'm inclined to try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I also was lucky enough not to be able to watch yesterday's match. So I'm not totally convinced that I actually believe all this, but for the sake of trying to look at the other side of the argument:

I go one day thinking this, to the next where I want the cunt gone.

IMO the players are not playing for him, that's the big issue.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Felwin
First Teamer

3 years ago

bman, you eloquent bastard.

Pretty much feel the same. The last thing we need is short termism.

You're right that no-one can argue with how utterly shite the football is in terms of excitement but the solidity is definitely something we can build on. Get Mike a top CB partner, another RB and hope to god that Shaw recovers and we have one heck of a defensive platform. Obviously there's loads of ifs and buts, like if DDG stays....

As you say, the second we lose that platform or Van Gaal opens the game up hoping for a big win and we look terrible.
Felwin
First Teamer

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Felwin wrote:bman, you eloquent bastard.

You're right that no-one can argue with how utterly shite the football is in terms of excitement but the solidity is definitely something we can build on. Get Mike a top CB partner, another RB and hope to god that Shaw recovers and we have one heck of a defensive platform. Obviously there's loads of ifs and buts, like if DDG stays....

As you say, the second we lose that platform or Van Gaal opens the game up hoping for a big win and we look terrible.
Listen to Blodwyn.

There's more fuckin holes in that than there was in My rubber when I banged that rent boy.

Moyes (who'd done fuck all in the game) gets a six year deal, and he was clearly the wrong man. Then they get Van Moyes (who had retired from club football) on a 3 year deal.???? Two fuckin huge knee jerks. Now it might be me, but I get this hunch that some cunt doesn't know what theyre doing.

Ive got an idea, now here me out. How's about when looking for a new manager, we have a criteria, a slection process.

Would the fans back him? Does he have prem experience? Does he have a good reputation? Is he the right age?

The minimum starting points.
That's exactly my point. I'm on my last straw with the chopping and changing, manager rumours and all that shite... so Moyes was a big fuck up for a whole manner of reasons... United hold their hands up, get LvG in to steady things and when the fans start whinging after 18 months, give him the boot?

I'm all for your type of idea towards the end of LvG's reign, but can't we just see it out? A lot of people forget that a new manager would probably mean yet more squad/staff upheaval.

As bman said, if we get a top bollocks backroom in place, it's just a case of selecting a quality coach. None of this "the next Fergie" stuff that got us into this mess.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Felwin wrote:bman, you eloquent bastard.

Listen to Blodwyn.

There's more fuckin holes in that than there was in My rubber when I banged that rent boy.

Moyes (who'd done fuck all in the game) gets a six year deal, and he was clearly the wrong man. Then they get Van Moyes (who had retired from club football) on a 3 year deal.???? Two fuckin huge knee jerks. Now it might be me, but I get this hunch that some cunt doesn't know what theyre doing.

Ive got an idea, now here me out. How's about when looking for a new manager, we have a criteria, a slection process.

Would the fans back him? Does he have prem experience? Does he have a good reputation? Is he the right age?

The minimum starting points.

Right cunt. There's one thing I don't put up with, shit said like that about Rent boys. Edit it or you're raped.

Cunt.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
captainhormone
Star Man

3 years ago

LVG is exactly what we need...ffs, some of you cunts have short memories....we'd been playing dire hoofing shit negative football since 2006 when gin soak was in charge...ffs

The problem isn't van gall it's the players...we do have enough quality to be up there, and were only 3 from being back up there....the problem is the players know he isn't going to be there for long, so they're happy to hide behind van gaal as he's gone in a year or so.....what needs to happen is that they give giggs the job next year with van gall shadowing him.....almost advisory capacity and let the cunts work for their spot in the squad

It's downhill from utd
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

How do we solve the shit negative football?

Get Mourinho in, it's fucking obvious

If there's one man known for free flowing dynamic football it's the man who was sacked from Chelsea