So how do we fix it?

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 years ago

And I ain't talking about the fucking website.

We're a mess. I know, you know it, everyone except the Glazers and Dannii know it. But how do we put it right?

I don't think it's as simple as a manager change (though that's needed) or a couple of new players. I think we're fundamentally broke. And it stems from the owners.
Dosdamt
Star Man

3 years ago

1. Change the manager

2. Strip Rooney of the captaincy, tell him he's playing for his spot at the club

3. 3 - 4 signings in January to thicken out the squad - preferably quality
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Stop confusing the players with supper club possession meetings would be a start, I'm sure Giggs is going what th fuck is the craic with all this shite.

Interestingly, did you see Giggs get into, a let's say earnest debate with LVG over subs then get into what looked like a bit of a Barney with one of his assistants?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Stop confusing the players with supper club possession meetings would be a start, I'm sure Giggs is going what th fuck is the craic with all this shite.

Interestingly, did you see Giggs get into, a let's say earnest debate with LVG over subs then get into what looked like a bit of a Barney with one of his assistants?
No, I didn't see that...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Stop confusing the players with supper club possession meetings would be a start, I'm sure Giggs is going what th fuck is the craic with all this shite.

No, I didn't see that...

Yeah, he didn't seem happy at all, then Powell came on lol
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah, I thought Giggs was showing signs of being pretty fucked off. If Swansea knock on his door now, I reckon he'll be off in a flash.
The substitutions were mind bogglingly incomprehensible for me. I still can't bring myself to love the bogbrush, but he looked like the one showing the most determination on the park.
Alf, I'm at a bit of a loss to answer the question, because it all depends on whether OT have the balls to admit they got it wrong again with the manager. I suspect they will try and duck the question as long as they can.
I totally agree with Dosdamt about Rooney, though. If he has any sense he will volunteer to give up the captaincy and concentrate on getting his form back.
A part answer Alf - if LVG does stay I'd suggest he tries 442 with a diamond in midfield, so he can play a single DM at the base (Schweini) and get Herrera into midfield with probably Mata at the point of the diamond.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Robbo
Legend

3 years ago

Biggest disaster was not getting someone like Klopp to come in to manage United as I see there flashes of a young Ferguson. Van Gaal has a pedigree but is now over 60 and set in his ways. United need someone young and full of piss and vinegar who push and drive them onto better things.

Rooney, my personal thoughts on this the captaincy is actually inhibiting him and not being the captain could help him to get his mojo back again, despite being captain if it isn't working for him drop him.
-----------------------------------------------------
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

Agree with stopping the twice a day sessions, last thing you want to do after a morning session is turn out again in the afternoon/evening, thats time to be at home with the wife/kids or shagging a granny.

Agree also with stripping Rooney of the captaincy, Smalling should also be stripped of V Captain, need someone with balls who will tell LVG how it is and how the players feel.
Give Schweinstieger the armband with Herrera as his deputy, those are the two ( for me ) showing the most passion at the mo.

LVG needs to drop this philosophy crap, the players haven't bought into it, the game is about winning, not fucking passing the ball backwards & forwards for 90mins.

The only reason we need to buy in january is because of injuries, and it looks like the academy isn't producing the players we need, tbf it hasn't for years so something needs addressing there too.
A bid for Stones wouldn't go amiss, but Everton would rape our arses to get him, he would walk straight into the team, at the moment there's no competition for places, so players get picked because they are fit not because they merit it.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

Robbo wrote:Biggest disaster was not getting someone like Klopp to come in to manage United as I see there flashes of a young Ferguson. Van Gaal has a pedigree but is now over 60 and set in his ways. United need someone young and full of piss and vinegar who push and drive them onto better things.

Rooney, my personal thoughts on this the captaincy is actually inhibiting him and not being the captain could help him to get his mojo back again, despite being captain if it isn't working for him drop him.
He certainly hasn't improved since being given the armband, maybe they though it would buck him up, atm I have the feeling 12000 volts through his bollocks wouldn't buck him up, he's been on the decline a long time, and been allowed to slip because of his reputation.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Our problem isn't formations or players... it's management...

It's true that we're not a top side, and I can't see us winning anything with this lot... but that's down to poor management... Van Gall was so determined to get rid of all the Ferguson bits and pieces he gutted the team before he had anywhere near enough to replace them... and the signings he has made, either aren't good enough, or not ready to be so important to our success...it's not right that Martial and Depay, have to carry so much weight so soon... and I don't fuckin like the way Van Gall just dumps players like Powell into the game, like a sacrifice, when we're in trouble...

But even so... we've got more than enough talent, and have spent more than enough money, to put up a much better fight against bottom half teams... especially after you compare it to the occasional result Van Gall has had against much better teams... his conservative shit causes more problems than it solves, but he's just too entrenched in his ideas to admit it... he''s jumped into this job with everything he's got, and thrown out everything that WAS United, to enforce HIS WAY of doing things... that's his right as a manager... but his change has been so drastic, and so thorough, that he's wiped out our old identity before properly establishing what he wants... we're not good enough to play his football, and we've no memory left of how to play the way we used to...

Van Gall has fucked this club right up... he's the only one who can fix it now, without another "transition period"...

I'm sick to the back teeth of Van Gall and his bullshit... his smug attitude, condescending arrogance... but as long as we're in and around 4th, the Glazers won't panic, and they won't give a fuck about the fans complaints about dull football... those cunts wouldn't know the difference anyway...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."