A modest proposal

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

I feel like the quality of the discussion is deteriorating around here, we're spending as much time sniping at one another as we are talking about the football. Banter and friendly slagging has escalated a bit too often. I'm not blaming others, we're all guilty of it to some degree, me included. There's not many of us on here, which is part of the appeal as well as part of the problem, and I for one would hate to stop coming here because I've no interest in the massive bland forums.

So I wanted to suggest we all try, just for a week say, to not make comments about other posters and just make football-related comments, in this forum at least. De-escalate things, otherwise I'm worried we're starting to circle the drain here.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

Oh I agree wholeheartedly

:D
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah I'm up for a truce. Cba bitching and sniping anymore. It's repetitve and dull.
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

Banter is OK, but slagging each other off is another thing, especially if it gets personal, nothing puts people off more.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Oh fuck off. The very people who have not given it a rest want to call a truce, Jesus wept!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

Oh great, we can say bye to Alf and Knobhead now.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Mumford wrote:Banter is OK, but slagging each other off is another thing, especially if it gets personal, nothing puts people off more.
BTW! Who the fuck are you?
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Oh fuck off. The very people who have not given it a rest want to call a truce, Jesus wept!
At least theyre enjoying the Christmas menu Laz.

You simply cant beat a main course of perfectly cooked irony followed by a large helping of humble pie for dessert. :ymparty:
Bman has taken the high ground now, he's ignoring me....... :(

Maybe i should just stop posting here, i'm ruining the place and the only people who seem to like me are you and Zebs, *SOB* :((
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Right... the problem is perspective...

There are 4 groups here, I'll let you lot decide for yourselves which group you reckon you belong to, but let's be honest, we all know who's who...

There are those who can't shut up about Van Galls football failing United, and it's detracting from the discussion of those who can't shut up about Rooneys horrible decline, which is detracting from the discussion about Van Galls football failing United, etc, etc... but the fucked up part, is we mostly all seem to agree that Rooneys decline has been horrible, and Van Galls football is failing United...

The argument starts as each side wants to shift the blame, to mount some kind of defence for their man... "Van Galls football might be better without carrying Rooney"... "no, Rooney might be better if not for Van Galls rubbish football"...

Then there are those, who don't like either...

And then there's me... and if you'd all just shut the fuck up and listen... you'd see that I'm right... and we wouldn't have this problem...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Right... the problem is perspective...

There are 4 groups here, I'll let you lot decide for yourselves which group you reckon you belong to, but let's be honest, we all know who's who...

There are those who can't shut up about Van Galls football failing United, and it's detracting the discussion of those who can't shut up about Rooneys horrible decline, which is detracting from the discussion about Van Galls football failing United, etc, etc... but the fucked up part, is we mostly all seem to agree that Rooneys decline has been horrible, and Van Galls football is failing United...

The argument starts as each side wants to shift the blame, to mount some kind of defence for their man... "Van Galls football might be better without carrying Rooney"... "no, Rooney might be better if not for Van Galls rubbish football"...

Then there are those, who don't like either...

And then there's me... and if you'd all just shut the fuck up and listen... you'd see that I'm right... and we wouldn't have this problem...
:))

Dare I ask what group I'm in?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts