Get Giggs In On Trial Basis

Manchester United chat
Davel
Legend

4 years ago

Really not a good idea. Hes a complete newbie to any form of management, do you actually think a short term contract will give him any experiance, it will ruin him.
if he does well and gets replace ,it will crush him,same if hes crap, he needs a peterbourogh or simular to cut his teeth. Kiddo comes to mind,and chocolate eclair both doing what now.
being a legend wont stop fans turning on him, i seen many fans howling at fergie near the end as the football was bad,
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah exactly

We will soon hate on legends if they're shite. Giggs shouldn't risk it yet.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

He's not exactly a legend but he was a good squaddie, ask knobby what he thinks of Phil Neville if you want a laugh :-)
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

Robbo wrote:If Ferguson has a hand in choosing Van Gaals successor then we are fucked he didn't exactly cover himself in glory when he retired.
I think it totally suited Ferguson's ego agenda to have a "promising manager" and a "great, experienced manager" both utterly fail after he retired. How else to keep up the legend that he's the greatest manager of all time?
Davel wrote:Kiddo comes to mind,and chocolate eclair both doing what now
Surely you are aware that Kiddo is currently assistant manager at City and Choccy is director of the United youth academy?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

FuB wrote:
Robbo wrote:If Ferguson has a hand in choosing Van Gaals successor then we are fucked he didn't exactly cover himself in glory when he retired.
I think it totally suited Ferguson's ego agenda to have a "promising manager" and a "great, experienced manager" both utterly fail after he retired. How else to keep up the legend that he's the greatest manager of all time?
Surely you are aware that Kiddo is currently assistant manager at City and Choccy is director of the United youth academy?

I was thinking the same thing but I think they messed up as managers is his point
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
FuB wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but I think they messed up as managers is his point
Ok. Fair enough... but Kiddo and Choccy had only one dreadful attempt at Blackburn and I can't see Kiddo's done too badly, cancer aside.
Davel
Legend

4 years ago

i do know where both are kiddo is a puppet and chocolate is not good enough for motherwell first team, what happens to kiddo when pep goes there ! is he going chelski with his master unlikely as manager had no say in appointment, hes there 2 piss us off. I also think fergy did stiff us with moyes, we all knew he was bargain basement,but how fergie was near the end of his reign he beleived his will was enough, and he willed a jock to take over, not a clue about lvg`s appointment,but read about bobby not wanting jose wells. Ive actually been through this b4 with sir matt,and all the in club managers that had nothing new to add, took tommy doc to change things,but it never sat well with sir matt how he chopped the legends, So i kinda hoped this wouldnt happen after SAF but alas it is/did, So slag moyes off as much as me he did get most of the pensioners out ,even old man giggsy hanged em up finally (5 years too late) and moyse paid the price.I think whoever takes over needs to be a big personality because Like him or hate him SAF is hanging over every decision like the grim reaper. So needs to be loud. I`m not a murinio fan his football lacks sparkle, but his results do speak volumes. without looking on google i think we never won the prem until after busby died, i do remember seeing an inter with lou mac stating busby snatched him from the scouse scum and brought him here, funny how tommy doc
was manager when this happened.(directors of football/club embassidors,) etc make it impossible for any new manager to stamp a mark on a team.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Davel wrote:i do know where both are kiddo is a puppet and chocolate is not good enough for motherwell first team, what happens to kiddo when pep goes there ! is he going chelski with his master unlikely as manager had no say in appointment, hes there 2 piss us off. I also think fergy did stiff us with moyes, we all knew he was bargain basement,but how fergie was near the end of his reign he beleived his will was enough, and he willed a jock to take over, not a clue about lvg`s appointment,but read about bobby not wanting jose wells. Ive actually been through this b4 with sir matt,and all the in club managers that had nothing new to add, took tommy doc to change things,but it never sat well with sir matt how he chopped the legends, So i kinda hoped this wouldnt happen after SAF but alas it is/did, So slag moyes off as much as me he did get most of the pensioners out ,even old man giggsy hanged em up finally (5 years too late) and moyse paid the price.I think whoever takes over needs to be a big personality because Like him or hate him SAF is hanging over every decision like the grim reaper. So needs to be loud. I`m not a murinio fan his football lacks sparkle, but his results do speak volumes. without looking on google i think we never won the prem until after busby died, i do remember seeing an inter with lou mac stating busby snatched him from the scouse scum and brought him here, funny how tommy doc
was manager when this happened.(directors of football/club embassidors,) etc make it impossible for any new manager to stamp a mark on a team.

I think I agree with some of what you say but fuck me lad, for some reason, your posts are hard to get through.
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Davel wrote:i do know where both are kiddo is a puppet and chocolate is not good enough for motherwell first team, what happens to kiddo when pep goes there ! is he going chelski with his master unlikely as manager had no say in appointment, hes there 2 piss us off. I also think fergy did stiff us with moyes, we all knew he was bargain basement,but how fergie was near the end of his reign he beleived his will was enough, and he willed a jock to take over, not a clue about lvg`s appointment,but read about bobby not wanting jose wells. Ive actually been through this b4 with sir matt,and all the in club managers that had nothing new to add, took tommy doc to change things,but it never sat well with sir matt how he chopped the legends, So i kinda hoped this wouldnt happen after SAF but alas it is/did, So slag moyes off as much as me he did get most of the pensioners out ,even old man giggsy hanged em up finally (5 years too late) and moyse paid the price.I think whoever takes over needs to be a big personality because Like him or hate him SAF is hanging over every decision like the grim reaper. So needs to be loud. I`m not a murinio fan his football lacks sparkle, but his results do speak volumes. without looking on google i think we never won the prem until after busby died, i do remember seeing an inter with lou mac stating busby snatched him from the scouse scum and brought him here, funny how tommy doc

I think I agree with some of what you say but fuck me lad, for some reason, your posts are hard to get through.
I think it might be the full stops ruining the flow
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

I'm not keen on Giggs taking over, we've been there, done that, and look what it did to Wilf. The last thing I want is Ryan Giggs to be a failure at the club when he helped bring us so muh success, he needs to go away and do his apprecticeship, Swansea would be good for him.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head