Get Giggs In On Trial Basis

Manchester United chat
TwentyTimes
Trainee

4 years ago

First post here, and I was motivated by the awful showings lately. For me, I want to enjoy watching the tean win, not doze off watching the team draw. Louis van Gaal seems just to be getting more and more bizarre, the play seems to get more and more disjointed.

A watershed moment may have been Luke Shaw's injury, but that only means Shaw's play was a temporary fix for something deeper. LVG is a legendary manager, but he has the players looking like they're scared of being analyzed to a technical fault by some outrageous standard of an unclear "philosophy," perhaps because that's exactly the case.

With all the talk of Pep becoming available in 6 months, I reckon Giggs should get the job immediately on a trial basis (for 6 months, like Neville), see what he can do, maybe prove himself to be the long-term solution rather than Pep.

It would show loyalty and faith to Giggs, it would make for a smooth transition (as he is extremely familiar with the team and they with him), and could offer the kind of energetic football fans and players alike are dying for. It would also leave the option open to bring in Pep if things don't work

If we don't qualify for the next round of the Champions League, I don't think van Gaal's job stability is going to be unaffected. If we turn around and score four, cruise to the next round, great (maybe Louis should just start Giggs instead!), but if we can't, we have to think realistically: this man is leaving in a year and a half and when he does will we have made progress or stood stil? If we have an opportunity to get in now a manager we want for the future, maybe it's worth a chance.

End rant
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

TwentyTimes wrote:First post here, and I was motivated by the awful showings lately. For me, I want to enjoy watching the tean win, not doze off watching the team draw. Louis van Gaal seems just to be getting more and more bizarre, the play seems to get more and more disjointed.

A watershed moment may have been Luke Shaw's injury, but that only means Shaw's play was a temporary fix for something deeper. LVG is a legendary manager, but he has the players looking like they're scared of being analyzed to a technical fault by some outrageous standard of an unclear "philosophy," perhaps because that's exactly the case.

With all the talk of Pep becoming available in 6 months, I reckon Giggs should get the job immediately on a trial basis (for 6 months, like Neville), see what he can do, maybe prove himself to be the long-term solution rather than Pep.

It would show loyalty and faith to Giggs, it would make for a smooth transition (as he is extremely familiar with the team and they with him), and could offer the kind of energetic football fans and players alike are dying for. It would also leave the option open to bring in Pep if things don't work

If we don't qualify for the next round of the Champions League, I don't think van Gaal's job stability is going to be unaffected. If we turn around and score four, cruise to the next round, great (maybe Louis should just start Giggs instead!), but if we can't, we have to think realistically: this man is leaving in a year and a half and when he does will we have made progress or stood stil? If we have an opportunity to get in now a manager we want for the future, maybe it's worth a chance.

End rant
Giggs couldn't turn the shit Moyes left around, what makes you think he can alter things this time.

Very rare that good players make great managers.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Mumford wrote:
TwentyTimes wrote:First post here, and I was motivated by the awful showings lately. For me, I want to enjoy watching the tean win, not doze off watching the team draw. Louis van Gaal seems just to be getting more and more bizarre, the play seems to get more and more disjointed.

End rant
Giggs couldn't turn the shit Moyes left around, what makes you think he can alter things this time.

Based on those three games
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Mumford wrote:

End rant

Based on those three games
See your point, buut most of those player are not with us anymore, so it's all theory anyway.

I can't see why the board would want to take a punt on an unproven bloke, be a bit emabarrassing for them if they had to sack one of the "Class of 92", and we went through all this continuity shit with Wilf... and look how long it took us to recover from that.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

We need to stop fucking around....
We NEED an Ancelotti, Guardiola or even Mourinho...
Anyone else would be a gamble and we are one more fuckup away from turning into Liverpool
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:We need to stop fucking around....
We NEED an Ancelotti, Guardiola or even Mourinho...
Anyone else would be a gamble and we are one more fuckup away from turning into Liverpool

This, but no Mourinho.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

I'd take him if can't get Guardiola...
Maybe it would be a marriage made in heaven....like us getting Cantona.

Would he still want us now tho after we choose Moyes over him? Or did he ever want us?
Would he be prepared for a long term project with us? But then again would Guardiola?!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Giggs to Swansea say MEN
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Sid wrote:Giggs to Swansea say MEN
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d-10582919

The comments under the article are interesting.
Wow... I wonder if it's just the opportunity to get some proper experience... or if there's a bit of, "I can't work with this Van Gall fucker any more"?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Think he fancies it after Neville took the plunge

Or maybe he's got word that he won't be taking over after Gaal?

Or maybe we've agreed a deal with a new manager who doesn't want to keep him on