Martial...Martian?

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:If he proves to be a special player eventually, I could give a fuck about the fee. Louis has obviously gone out on a limb with this one, will be interesting to see if he's right.

We should pull out the stops to sign Gomis (sp?) or else Berahino tomorrow. This kid is not going to be a world beater this season, even if he eventually becomes one.
I don't believe he was Van Galls first choice... not even 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th... and I'm gobsmacked at the price we paid... to me it sounds like Woodworm desperately trying to get a deal done, knowing the longer we fucked about the less chance he had of getting any deal done...

I think this is all about our amateurish reputation in the transfer market, and the fact that everyone knows about the PL telly deal, and the Adidas deal, the Di Maria money, and how desperate we are... we've been shown up too many times over the past couple years, and clubs are taking the piss, because they know they can...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
tom
First Teamer

4 years ago

Schneiderlin, Depay, Schweinsteiger in, kept ahold of de Gea (just about). A lot of dross shipped out. And we're calling the window a failure? Get some fucking perspective... If we'd had a window like this during the late taggart period we'd blow our collective load.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Phil Neville says he's class, he does that heart celebration, only upside down looking, he's got temperamental issues and his former manager and team mates said he wakes up two minutes before training and there's no point trying to get him up earlier.

Oh and with add ons, the price could go over £50 mill.

None of these console me tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:If he proves to be a special player eventually, I could give a fuck about the fee. Louis has obviously gone out on a limb with this one, will be interesting to see if he's right.

We should pull out the stops to sign Gomis (sp?) or else Berahino tomorrow. This kid is not going to be a world beater this season, even if he eventually becomes one.
I don't believe he was Van Galls first choice... not even 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th... and I'm gobsmacked at the price we paid... to me it sounds like Woodworm desperately trying to get a deal done, knowing the longer we fucked about the less chance he had of getting any deal done...

I think this is all about our amateurish reputation in the transfer market, and the fact that everyone knows about the PL telly deal, and the Adidas deal, the Di Maria money, and how desperate we are... we've been shown up too many times over the past couple years, and clubs are taking the piss, because they know they can...
I don't think it's necessarily a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice situation. I think it's more the case that he's a player the club had flagged as a major talent but intended to wait and watch for a year. Obviously the decision to buy him now is made under pressure and a fair amount of desperation, but it's not quite the same as going down the list of preferred players who can do a job. I think Rojo, for example, was a player they went the list on. But I think Marvin the Martian was a "special" target that they're taking the risk of jumping early on. Could still easily end up a fucking disaster and cautionary tale though.

Anyway, I'm not even going to pretend that I'd heard of this kid before today, but from the Youtube video I saw, I will say that he seems to have that gift for shooting early that seems to be a major differentiating factor between the true talents and the players that are skilled and well trained, but lack that killer instinct. Martian seems to sense the need to put it past the keeper before he even can process the situation, instead of faffing.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Phil Neville says he's class, he does that heart celebration, only upside down looking, he's got temperamental issues and his former manager and team mates said he wakes up two minutes before training and there's no point trying to get him up earlier.

Oh and with add ons, the price could go over £50 mill.

None of these console me tbf
This heart celebration is a virus that needs to be eradicated. How did this shit start? On what planet is that cool? Wtf is happening!?!?!?
danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

Fuck Potty Neville, well, he may have a point since he manages in Spain. Martial Arts has the potential to be world class but he is only potential. He was available and up for it, and the seller wanted to sell.

All good. Money counts for shit as we have skip loads and so does everyone else, we can offload him in a few years time when he wants to go to Barca or Madreed.

We have additional pace in attack, let the cunt play and have a laugh with Rooney, Mata and Memphis and Herrera. He's gonna try lots of shit that doesn't work but fuck it, new signing, this is exciting!
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Is he destined straightaway for the first team or is he heading for the under 21s?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Grandstander1
First Teamer

4 years ago

36 mil for U21, nah. He'll be on the bench, first game back from the break.
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Incredible, really. Wonder why we didn't go for Draxler in that case.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:Incredible, really. Wonder why we didn't go for Draxler in that case.
by the sounds of it, he is much more highly rated than Draxler. We could have another future world star on our hands and if that is the case then sell on price could exceed £100 million in the futures market.

Or he could be shit but fuck it, we got plenty of cash. I read in MEN that we have been watching him for a year and after Monaco got knocked out of Europe, we decided to swoop.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]