danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

I think you means he "puts a shift in" and "works for the team"
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:"Genuine pace" should keep the pundits happy
Not sure how pace helps, when we crawl the ball forward...

I do hope this kid is the business... I just don't see how he fits into the way we play... I would have thought a big lump suited Van Gall better... read an article from Hoddle this morning, and he's right... why ship out Hernandez, and Wislon, and then bring in an unproven 19 year old for £38mill+???

This signing might make some sense on its own, but it's weird as fuck in context with the other business we've done...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
fat maradona
First Teamer

4 years ago

I don't think LVG has any control on who we buy. Decisions are made by the owners, a la Abramovich. He toes the party line. The owners realise that we aren't a footballing force any longer and the long term goal is to become a feeder. Snap up promising talent, groom them in the 'famed Academy' and fuck 'em off to Madreeeeed or Barca or PSG when they come a knocking. How else can you explain some of our transfer dealings of late?
LurganRed
First Teamer

4 years ago

And so if this all goes according to Woodward's plan, and Martial wins the Ballon Dor in 4 years time.

Madrid will be signing Martial on a free transfer........
Football...........Bloody Hell!!!- SAF 26th May 1999 Camp Nou Barcelona

I am not a Man, I AM CANTONA- Eric Cantona Looking For Eric
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:fuck money, fuck his age, this is a new signing and has the potential to be hurricane. Cunt will need time but at least he has a team that can keep the ball, sort of. Gonna be interesting to see him with the Wayne Boy.

Has the potential to be hurricane............ Fuckin hell
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:"Genuine pace" should keep the pundits happy
Not sure how pace helps, when we crawl the ball forward...

I do hope this kid is the business... I just don't see how he fits into the way we play... I would have thought a big lump suited Van Gall better... read an article from Hoddle this morning, and he's right... why ship out Hernandez, and Wislon, and then bring in an unproven 19 year old for £38mill+???

This signing might make some sense on its own, but it's weird as fuck in context with the other business we've done...
Was Wilson shipped out? That's news to me.
For sure, Martial is way overpriced but if you think that Ronaldo cost £12million in 2003 and you factor in inflation and the windfall of cash next year, then that was going to be the cost for that potential of talent.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Felwin
First Teamer

4 years ago

Fans need to stop getting hung up on transfer fees. Let the BBC and Sky chat bollocks about that. The fee is decided by men in suits for other men in suits with interests in making men in suits happy.

£36mil, so fucking what? United wanted the player, left it stupidly late, Monaco named the price, the money was paid. Martial had no say in that. The kid just saw the words "Manchester United" and had already signed the contract in his head. The whole thing is ludicrous transfer shite once again and the lad just needs to be able to get on with his football after the storm.

The second he has a poor game, just you watch the explosion of "not worth it" and "waste of money" comments from air heads all over the shop, most of them more interested in the transfers than the game itself.
tom
First Teamer

4 years ago

Felwin wrote:Fans need to stop getting hung up on transfer fees. Let the BBC and Sky chat bollocks about that. The fee is decided by men in suits for other men in suits with interests in making men in suits happy.

£36mil, so fucking what? United wanted the player, left it stupidly late, Monaco named the price, the money was paid. Martial had no say in that. The kid just saw the words "Manchester United" and had already signed the contract in his head. The whole thing is ludicrous transfer shite once again and the lad just needs to be able to get on with his football after the storm.

The second he has a poor game, just you watch the explosion of "not worth it" and "waste of money" comments from air heads all over the shop, most of them more interested in the transfers than the game itself.
Well fuckin said :ymapplause:
Felwin
First Teamer

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
tom wrote:
Felwin wrote:Fans need to stop getting hung up on transfer fees. Let the BBC and Sky chat bollocks about that. The fee is decided by men in suits for other men in suits with interests in making men in suits happy.

Well fuckin said :ymapplause:
You make it sound as though people are accusing Martial of naming the price? What people are disgruntled about is the fact that we fucked around again. Trying stupid shit like pretending Ramos was coming, which was absolutely never going to happen, in a million years. The Ibrahimovic, Muller, Bale, Ronaldo rumours, all perpetuated by the club to try and stay high profile. Sadly its all dust in the wind. They were never coming, for a whole host of reasons of which most are blatantly obvious. There's millions of United fans out there that seriously need to get with the programme. They need to realise that there are two extremely large stumbling blocks that totally blocks us from signing world class quality. One is the fact that we wont pay it, and two is that they wont come anyway. Last season was exactly the same. Di Maria and his people tried their hardest to find a loophole in the FFP ruling to secure the switch to PSG. They couldn't manage it and Madrid wanted rid. Our transfer window was another cluster fuck up. So Woodbrain had to work fast and jumped in with stupid money (by all accounts Van Gaal was not impressed). Too late!! We now had a mega bucks player who never wanted to come. An extremely expensive bollock dropped. United basically have practically zero standing in transfer markets. And that's why things like the Martial deal happen. We have to wait for the ambitious clubs to take off all the meat from the bones of any quality out there, and only then when they are done can we have a peck. Of course we all hope Martial comes good. But it doesn't detract from the fact that year in year out we still shopping at Aldi. But still paying Harrods fucking prices??

In summary. Woodbrain is way out of his depth, in the fans eyes at least. But to the Glazers he is a messiah.
I don't disagree with you at all and i'm not saying that i've heard people accusing Martial of naming the price. I'm just anticipating the same old shite that players with large transfer fees get twatted with it if they're in poor form/it doesn't work out.